Typical Ducth Stuff / fake airway bill

1 Netherlands Review updated:

we have ordered some goods from 'Typical Dutch Stuff' and we've paid Eur 12655 as deposit. She gave us a airwaybill but we've check with UPS and found that it is NOT real. I think the HAWB was created by herself. This company has not ship out anything in OCtober. We've tried to contact the supplier but she didn't answer our calls. She reply email saying that she has no stocks and she had paid full payment to her supplier and will not refund our money.
The HAWB no. is [protected]. Because we are in Hong Kong, so far away from Netherland, we want to seek advices from internet. Any one experienced this, should we call the police or find a debt collector?

Comments

• Ke
      20th of Oct, 2010

As I know, have to be cautious about another company dutchdaycaresupplies.com, they posted at alibaba.com at early October 2010, using the old cell phone no. of Typical Dutch Stuff. Note that they only posted their cell phone no. on Alibaba. I think they created this website dutchdaycaresupplies.com just to cheat poeple's money, especially Chinese because the Netherlands milk powder is so popular recently. Once you paid the money, no matter full amount or deposit, its difficult to get the money back, even if you report to the police. The Holland government will do nothing to them.

• Ty
      21st of Oct, 2010

Dear readers,

Kenny-HK is only providing their side of the story, which is not true. We, TypicalDutchStuff.com, processed their order in full, while this company only paid half of the order to minimize the risk. We handed over the shipment to a shipping company and received the AWB for the order. We forwarded this to the customer. Unfortunately, the shipping company ended up being fraudulent (watch out for DCC Shipping LTD!) We were just as shocked as the customer and refunded the entire amount they paid. We have never said that we would not refund the customer. The refund has been made and we are looking into the shipper company to see if there is any way we can get our cargo back.

We were founded in 2003 and have thousands of satisfied customers and have no desire to "cheat people's money".

Thank you.
    TypicalDutchStuff.com

• Iy
      9th of Jan, 2011

I am in the same exact situation as Kenny from HK. I order milk powder from 'Typical Dutch Stuff' and we've paid US$5000 full back in Sept. She gave us a airwaybill but my forwarder checked and told me it was used back in Aug. I went out to the company, then she told me the shipping company they used is fraud. She then told me she will refund the $ back to me, but till now, I haven't receive any. I called her and e mail her numerous time. At first, she e mail back and said she needs a little bit of time, then she stopped answering e mail. In addition, she never answer her call at all. I am from US, not from Holland and I think this is the way she scam people from outside of Holland. Does anyone can give me advice. This is the 1st time I do business w/Holland company and cannot believe this is what I have experienced.

• Je
      3rd of Feb, 2011

I have to disagree with these posters above. I have been a regular customer of Typical Dutch Stuff for many years when I lived abroad for my studies. Always received friendly emails and my packages always arrived very fast. Nothing but good words for this company!

• Al
      10th of Feb, 2011

I agree with Jewel_PP. Typical Dutch Stuff is a very good company. They have lots of products and a good, friendly service. I am a very happy customer!

• Su
      19th of Feb, 2011

I don't believe what poster is saying about this company. We have ordered Nutrilon in bulk from Typical Dutch Stuff several times and we have been very satisfied with the service. Everything was neatly packaged, no damage. They provide very good service at good prices.

• Si
      9th of Mar, 2011

Hi, I also am a very unhappy customer with Typical Dutch Stuff. I ordered things for Christmas 2010 and they did not deliver my ordered items and still charged me for them, but put in totally different items that I did not like at all. There was not warning email or anything. When I asked them for my money back on the missing items, Wendy de Laat said that she put in replacement items. That these were totally different from what I had ordered and that I had to trash them as I did not like them did not seem to matter. I still have not received my money back. My experience is in the same line as: http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/800371368-i-was-cheated-by-HollandTypical-Dutch-StuffWendy-de-laat.html. So I really would recommend people not to order from Wendy to prevent frustration!!!

21st of Apr, 2011

Hi, I do agree with Kenny-hk. I'm a Chinese Mommy and buy milk power on Typical dutch stuff for the first time. It's been more than one month and I didn't know if my order has been shipped. No email reply, cannot be contact by phone. Besides that I cannot get the money back as they do not support the paypail. What I hope is to get contact with Wendy now. Or they do lose their trust on Chinese Mothers.

• Di
      26th of Apr, 2011

I have nothing but good words for Typical Dutch Stuff! Wendy helped me with my order and I received everything within a week!

It is stated on their website that products may be replaced with other items if they're not in stock, so you should read that before ordering, Sire. It's very easy to come and complain here. They can't know what you may or may not like. If u don't want different products, u should state that when you order. It is on their site..guess some pople can't read.

I love Typical Dutch Stuff!

Hi Dippy-Chick,

I do wonder by which means you can contact Typical Dutch Stuff? I have sent hundreds of mails but no reply. A lot of Chinese parents meet the same situation. Now it's been 40days since I paid for my order. Can you help me to contact them?

Sammi

• Mi
      26th of Apr, 2011

I agree with all complaints. I ordered for about 80 euro on december 6th 2010. I did not receive the goods yet. First Wendy said it was send with the wrong courier, then it was out of stock (how can something out of stock be send out ?). She didn't even offer to pay back or send something else, i had to ask her. I couldn't reach her by phone, always answering machine, she never called back. Emails didn't always get answered. Later she said she couldn't email me, she always got an error mail back (strange while everyone else could still email me). When she finally said she received my bankaccountn° which I send several times she said it was wrong and couldn't send me the money. Off course it wasn't wrong, but she just needed another excuse I guess not to pay pack. I'm seriously pissed off, but I will keep mailing and calling till I get my money back !

2nd of May, 2011

We love Wendy and Typical Dutch Stuff. We always get our orders fast and love our Dutch goodies!

• Ty
      2nd of May, 2011

Hello,

We're sorry to hear that your order has not arrived. A lot of packages to China that were shipped with TNT have not arrived, unfortunately. Please send us an email with your order number and we will solve this problem for you.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
    TypicalDutchStuff.com

3rd of Jun, 2014

I think they have set up fake accounts here. They are a scam company. They post nothing but lies on this board. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!