TXU Energy & TXU Delivery / Incredibly poor service
We were without power for two days due to a problem caused by TXU. No one, either in customer service for TXU Energy, or TXU Delivery made a minimal effort to correct the problem. They knowingly lied to us every time we called customer service. After at least fifteen calls to customer service, we finally called the corporate office and found an individual who would help us get the power turned back on. This problem was not caused to nonpayment or late payment - we have a perfect payment record for the last 25 years. This was caused by non-maintenance of power lines owned by TXU. Due to having no power for two days, not only were we out the cost of an electrician who was trying to help us, but all the food in the refrigerator and freezer had to be thrown out, and my husband, who telecommutes from work, lost at a minimum 16 hours of billable time. We estimate the total out of pocket cost to be between four and five thousand dollars. They don't care. They will never care. They are interested in charging the customer and collecting their money, not in providing any service and there is nothing any of us can do about it. Short of spending more money and hiring a lawyer who can probably accomplish nothing against the corporate bureaucracy, the average consumer has no recourse against this type of treatment. My plan is to post as many complaints as I can on every website. In addition on Monday I am canceling service with TXU - it is my only option.
More TXU Energy & TXU Delivery Complaints & Reviews
- TXU Energy - TXU is one utility to stay way far away from! 
- TXU Energy - Switched to wrong plan! 
- TXU Energy - Scam and cheating 
- TXU - iThermostat 
- TXU Energy - Fraud and scam! 
- TXU Energy Retail Company - non compliance with cust. service & questions submitted
- TXU Energy Retail Company - electric service
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - txu a/c heat protection
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - I received a bonus gift card, and I was unable to use it. I have tried at least 15 times to get info on their recorded line.
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - Extrem bill charges to the account