TXU Energy / OVER DUE REFUND

1 TX, United States Review updated:

OUR HOUSE WAS DISTORYED BY IKE ON 9/13/2008. ELECRIT SERVICE WAS CANELLED WITH TXU OCT/NOV. LAST BILL RECEIVED IN NOV. FROM TXU HAD A $47.38 CREDIT BALANCES.
IT IS NOW 3/2/2009 AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REFUND CHECK. I
STARTED CALLING IN DEC. OF 08. I HAVE MADE OVER 15 CALLS NOW BUT TO NO EVEAIL.
EACH PERSON I TALK TO TELL ME “ YOUR REFUND WILL TAKE 4 TO 6 WEEKS
‘.

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE.

TONY GILLESPIE
ACCT NO.[protected]
SERVICE ADD: 100 W. 7TH ST.
KEMAH, TX 77565
MY PHONE NO. 713/870-3578

CC: HOUSTON BBB
TX. UTILLTY COMUSION
NBC CH. 13

Comments

• Jm
      9th of Mar, 2009

Tony,

I feel your pain. We moved from the Houston area to the Dallas area and closed our account in Spring on Novmeber 30, 2008. TXU sent me a statement in December showing this account had a credit of$115, but I never received it. I started calling towards the end of January trying to get this credit issued to me. I was given the run-around everytime. I spoke to no fewer than 5-6 different people every time I called. There was always a reason as to why they couldn't help me. Either the "system" was down, or they didn't have access to refund information...whatever lame excuse they could give to transfer me to someone else. Each phone call lasted for several hours, most of that time on hold, or dealing with a "customer service representative" who barely spoke English. If I did get any resolution, they would say exactly as you stated, "allow 4-6 weeks to process your refund". Very frustrating. Finally, after threatening to call the Better Business Bureau and my attorney, I got someone who reluctantly helped me. I got a call from a lady (who spoke very clear English) from a local area code here in Dallas who said she needed clarification on my mailing address so she could send me my refund. Apparently it had been recorded several different ways and she didn't know which address was correct. (Surprise, surprise!) So there has to be local offices that you can get to without dealing with the headache and non-stop run around you get with the 1-800 number. See if you can find it, continue to be persistent...and Good luck!

• Kr
      1st of May, 2009

We moved from Magnolia in Feb. back to Dallas. I put in a disconnection with TXU on Dec. 28, 2008 for service to terminated Jan. 05, 2009... They NEVER terminated my service and they have sent me a bill EVERY month since!! Now the bill is over $1200.00! I've called and called. They said they would investigate being the kilowatts that were used each month were over 1500!! We didn't even use that when we were living there.

When I had service connected in Oct. 2008 they sent me a bill for the "estimated billing" thing they did when IKE hit...which our service wasnt even connected then! TXU is a mess!

And just to let everyone know an electric provider CANNOT estimate your bill unless your meter is not accessable...!!! So what TXU done (or maybe it was CenterPoint, don't really care...) was just sit on their butts and send people a bill for service they didn't have or use!

I filed a complaint with the PUC and they told me it was illegal for a REP to "estimate" a bill without trying to access the meter...AND that most meters now are those "Smart Meters" and they can just read them from their office without having to come to your house!

JUST TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!