TXU Energy / Lack of customer service
After having had our power disconnected without notice we complied with all of TXU's requests. We spoke to two customer service reps and were given the same information. If we made a payment before 4pm we would be able to have power restored before midnight. Additional fees were never disclosed. We made payment as directed and called at 3:45pm to advise them of the cash pmt. They then proceeded to inform us that for $10 they could put in a work order to have the power turned on but they could not guarantee that it could be done the same day, but for $89 they could do it by midnight and TXU could not afford to absorb the cost. These stipulations were never disclosed by customer service on our first two calls. We were them informed by a supervisor that we had to have the payment post by 2pm to have the power turned back on the same day. We were then transferred to a case manager who told ud the cut off time was 3pm. When I asked to speak to someone in the corporate office to file a complaint I was told that they had no such office and she was the end of the line. We have had MANY issues with TXU, most of them TXU errors without apology. Now that the customer service has moved offshore we will be taking our business elsewhere. If a company is going to screw the public out of so much money they should have the decency to keep the jobs in US where we need them to pay for the outlandish electric bills!
More TXU Energy Complaints & Reviews
- TXU Energy - TXU is one utility to stay way far away from! 
- TXU Energy - Switched to wrong plan! 
- TXU Energy & TXU Delivery - Incredibly poor service 
- TXU Energy - Scam and cheating 
- TXU - iThermostat 
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - txu a/c heat protection
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - I received a bonus gift card, and I was unable to use it. I have tried at least 15 times to get info on their recorded line.
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - Extrem bill charges to the account 
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - TXU Energy Did Not Honor 3% Cash Back Loyalty Reward 
- [Resolved] TXU - COMMENTS