TXU Energy / TXU is one utility to stay way far away from!
I started service with TXU Energy and sent in the proper paperwork the proper way to get my $50 credit for new service. I was told it would be applied after 1 months service. I spent 2 months calling them and trying to determine when my credit would be applied. I was told the following month and then they couldn't find my paperwork I sent in for the credit. I had to call back more than once because I could not understand the person who was "helping" me.
I finally canceled my service and went back with Reliant. I got my final bill and called to have the $50 credit applied before I paid it. The customer "service"? person did nothing to help me nor did the manager on duty. The conversation with each of them started out with "did you send in the credit request form" and that is all I have heard these past few months.
To make a long story short, the "manager" said (after putting me on "ignore" for 15 minutes) that they would likely not credit my account since I had canceled service. I told him that them not crediting me was WHY I canceled!!!
It was like talking to a brick wall. He submitted a search for the form I sent in (the one that they said they had received and then couldn't find) but even if they found it I would likely not get the credit since I had canceled.
TXU is one utility to stay WAY FAR AWAY FROM!!
Does anyone have any idea how to get results? I have told them I won't pay the bill till the credit is applied. I have thought about sending them $10 a month which will take over 2 years to pay the account off. Can I legally do this???
Thanks in advance,
More TXU Energy Complaints & Reviews
- TXU Energy - Switched to wrong plan! 
- TXU Energy & TXU Delivery - Incredibly poor service 
- TXU Energy - Scam and cheating 
- TXU - iThermostat 
- TXU Energy - Fraud and scam! 
- TXU Energy Retail Company - non compliance with cust. service & questions submitted
- TXU Energy Retail Company - electric service
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - txu a/c heat protection
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - I received a bonus gift card, and I was unable to use it. I have tried at least 15 times to get info on their recorded line.
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - Extrem bill charges to the account