TXU / Fraudulent billing pratices
I'm gone several months of the year. TXU had permission through ACH withdrawal for my bill each month. I was gone February, March, April and May. My bills range from $20.00 to $127.00. No problem, the were paid. TXU said they thought the meter was dead, so they replaced the meter and re-calculated the bill with me then owing close to $1, 000.00. When I leave for weeks or months at a time, I cut the circuit breaker off, except for the area of my telephone and freezer/refrigerator. I called and spoke with them, by name time and date. They brought it down to $500.00, Still not good. I asked them what kind of problem did my meter have, was is mechanical problem? I am not responsible for mechanical problems. The recalculation was in their favor. My electric will be cut off on 4 Dec 2008.
More TXU Complaints & Reviews
- TXU Energy - TXU is one utility to stay way far away from! 
- TXU Energy - Switched to wrong plan! 
- TXU Energy & TXU Delivery - Incredibly poor service 
- TXU Energy - Scam and cheating 
- TXU - iThermostat 
- TXU Energy Retail Company - non compliance with cust. service & questions submitted
- TXU Energy Retail Company - electric service
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - txu a/c heat protection
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - I received a bonus gift card, and I was unable to use it. I have tried at least 15 times to get info on their recorded line.
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - Extrem bill charges to the account