TWX*Magazine / Fradulent Charges

United States, Connecticut, Stamford Review updated:
I was charged, on my visa card, 4 times on 1/23/09. Charges were $24.00, $18.00, $29.00, $22.00. I tried calling the company at the number I found from the complaints board. I was taken through an automated process that asked me if I wanted to cancel (something I didn't request) I said yes, then it stated that 15 months of magazine would be sent to me and if I didn't cancel at that time charges would be made to my account. At that point I got on the phone with my bank and had to cancel my credit card and file fraud on the account.

I am baffled that there are so many complaints regarding this company yet they continue to operate as a business. My next step will be to file fraud charges with my local police department. Now whether this will be acted on or not we will soon see. Also, I plan to speak with an attorney to see if there is anything else I can do. These people need to be held responsible for stealing credit cards numbers and charging accounts for their magazines.

A  25th of Feb, 2009 by
They just made 3 charges on my bank account too and this is NOT cool!! What's the best way to go about getting a refund!!
N  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
If you call the 800 number and press "0" while in the automated machine, you can reach an operator (the machine will try to dissuade you by saying "you may have to wait a long time" and "we can finish this quickly now, if you choose" and then offering three different automated survey's, but if you continue to press "no" you can reach a real person). They were able to cancel the subscription for which I never applied. Sorry to say, I don't know how to get a refund...