TWX*MAGAZINE ORDER 800-773-3142 NY / Fradulent Credit Card Charges

East Building, Suite 16, 225 High Ridge RdStamford, CT, United States Review updated:
2.4
Phone: 800-205-9198

They hook you in after a legitimate purchace - offering you 3 free magazine subscripions, then a few months later, you are charged for rebilling on the magazines at full price, and it does not end. There have been times when I failed to read the fine print, this may be one of them. The worst part about this whole thing, is that I have found (10) different phone numbers for them, and none of them work. How do you get in contact with these people? There are other complaints about this company, and some say that they got through to customer service and after going back and forth with them got the charges cancelled. I just want to know how to get through to them.

Rob
Ro

Comments

Jo
  25th of Oct, 2008

HOM 800-205-9198 - Unauthorized charges
Stockton

Charged for Real Simple, Oprah-Home magazines. How do I make it stop!
Dm
  26th of May, 2009
This was by far the most ridiculous scam ever. I actually was at Loehmann's in NY and upon check out, they simply asked me to point to a magazine I'd like to receive for free, so I did. It is absolutely RIDICULOUS that Loehmann's gave my credit card information to this organization, especially with out telling me, or even giving me anything with fine print to even read! I have voiced this to Loehmann's and went back to the store, but to no avail. Absolutely ridiculous.
Fr
  1st of Jun, 2009
Loehmann's really bad!
This also happened to my wife, just upon check out, the cashier simply asked her to point to a magazine she'd like to receive for free. And 3 months later, they begin to change about $30 month.
Try to cancel it, and failed.
Called Loehmann's manager, he said they gave a flyer to show this, and give the following number for cancel. not sure if it will work. 800-586-5271.
Co
  8th of Jun, 2009
I was scammed by the Loehmanns in Newbury Park, CA. I was asked at the check stand if i wanted to receive some magazine subscriptions for FREE for 3 months and I said yes. (I love to collage so I felt it was a good idea at the time) I did not give out any bank information and now, 3 months later my debit account is charged. And I didn't know what twx* magazine was so I called my bank and complained and they told me to call the twx* 800 number and tell them to cancel and if they didn't to call the bank back and file a scam complaint against them. Of course the woman I spoke with at twx* was more than glad to cancel it because I'm sure she has been receiving many calls about this. Is it possible we can get together a class action lawsuit against loehmanns or twx* magazine? I bet there are many more people out there who have been scammed by the same place. We need justice against companies like this.
Co
  8th of Jun, 2009
i called 800-321-6247, it worked as of 6/8/2009
We
  16th of Jun, 2009
I shoper at Loehmann's in New Brunswick, NJ for years, three months ago, I was at Loehmann's and was asked if I wanted any of these magazines at check out for FREE, I've always been very clear about saying NO. And the caher just scanned the magazine codes and said it's compliment from Loehmann's I should just take it. I didn't want thoses magazines but received them anyway. After three months, I was charged for the magazines anyway. I'm so mad that Loehmann's would give out my credit card number without asking me first! I went through hell to get those magazines cancled. I just found out I am not the only one. How can we fight back ?
El
  3rd of Jul, 2009
You people are so dumb! Read the fine print! loehmann's has you sign a statement on the debit pad giving authorization to pull from your account the magazine subscription fees after the 3 FREE months are over with. Be careful what you sign...this is all of your fault for not being more careful. You cannot do anything what this when you are the one who signed that authorization.
Ma
  3rd of Jul, 2009
ever tried asking your bank to stop payments to this company? I find it difficult that so called intelligent people get trapped into scams like this, try to phone people involved but never ask their bank or credit card company to stop payments!!
Mz
  26th of Jul, 2009
you have to remember to cancel subscriptions before the 90 day trail is up. If you do not they will charge your credit card.
Am
  15th of Aug, 2009
what does it mean when you havnen't even ask for free magazines? i got charged $45 from this company!!! and this isn't the first time, this is like the 3rd or 4th but the others in the past was about $1-2.00 this is too much money to let it slide!
Rm
  11th of Sep, 2009
The same situation happened with me. 'Point at magazine' ok sure... 6 months later heres a nice fat charge on my bank statement. I spoke with a very nice lady at TWX who told me "you don't exist in our records.' I asked her how its possible that I am being charged by them if I don't exist. She could only apologize for the inconvenience. I told her to stop charging me and to refund my money... She said I can't you aren't in my records...

Wonderful. Nothing like being robbed...
Ca
  16th of Oct, 2009
whoever said that someone is "so dumb" for agreeing to this "FREE" magazine subscription is absolutely delusional because Loehmann's (or at least my cashier) frames it in a way that makes it sound absolutely free. They are supposed to tell you to call the magazine company before 3 months if you want to avoid being charged--THIS NEVER HAPPENED. I am appalled with this kind of sneaky behavior. america has enough credit problems as it is--why is loehmann's putting its "valued" (ie Insider) customers into potential debt? For me, they charged an account where I do not keep much $ at all so I got not one, but TWO overdraft fees! I feel violated and outraged. Call this number: 1-800-321-6247 if you want to resolve the issue (they will refund you no questions asked and also give you information on who to contact if these fees caused an overdraft fee with your bank).
D1
  16th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I, too, have been a victim. Back in June 2009, I made a purchase at Loehmann's using my bank debit card. It wasn't until yesterday (10/15/09) that I received a letter from my bank stating that I was overdrawn on my checking account. I immediately went on line and looked at my statement. There were two separate debit charges from TWX for magazines I did not order.

I called the number listed (1-877-204-9991) and spoke with two different people. I was told that they would cancel my subscriptions and that I would receive a "credit" in about 60-72 days! They were totally unsympathetic regarding the overdrawn charges that have been incurred because of their deceptive methods.

I went back to the Loehmann's store and was told by the Manager that you would have to sign your name twice: once for your charge and once for your approval to receive these magazines. Funny, they couldn't produce my signature on anything. I also found out that they do not make this "offer" to those customers who pay cash. Only to those with debit or credit cards. Interesting????

This is what I would suggest. Print out these complaints and anything else you can find on the web. Contact your bank and your credit and companies and show them these complaints to let them know you are not the only one being taken.

Call the Regional Manager (given to me by my local Loehmann's.) Here name is Kathy Gray (1-561-852-5578) and complain and find out how you can get your money back and any additional charges that you incurred because of wrecking havoc with your account. Kathy Gray's secretary's name is Janet.

I would also contact your local TV station that has a consumer advocate segment(We have the Problem Solvers and Ruth to the Rescue) and make them aware of this scam. The more people complain and are made aware...Loehmann's will be forced to drop this unscrupulous promotion.
Li
  7th of Dec, 2009
This is just ridiculous.. i just spend the last 2 hours trying to take care of this problem. thank god I spotted it on my recent transactions.

so when i first got the number from my bank, i called and they told me no history of my account and only automated service available thani called back my bank and filed a fraud charge and they had to issue me a new card with a new number..after i did all that i foudn this post.. which made me want to call again. so I finally got an operator on the phone after screaming and pressing 0 a hundred times and the girl was soooo nasty to me it is unbelievable.

I asked her how this happend she told me through Lohmann's and let it be known that I Never say yes to the free magazines ever, i never signed for them or anything! and I never even got any free magazines to begin with !

so the nasty girl told me she would credit my account and cancel the subscription but now im not sure if they will be able to considering i changed my card #? my bank said it wont matter bc its the same acct number but i dont know..HONESTLY dont ever sign up for anything liek this but its just sad that i didnt and i still got screwed and it would have kept happening had I not kept my eye on it, and i do a lot of processing though my bank so its surprising i even caught it..

I also cant even believe that Lohmann's is associated with such a fraudulent service.. it seriously makes me reconsider ever stepping foot inside.

I advise everyone who has the same issue to call the number, struggle for an operator and demand a refund and also change ur card number just in case!

good luck!
Ma
  7th of Dec, 2009
I have been a victim as well!! The same situation happened whith me. I live in Brasil, i stayed in Loehmann"s NY in last july, and after check out, i was asked at the chek stand ìf i wanted to receive a magazine free for 3 months and i said NO, because i don"t live here, i live in Brasil!!! Now, there are 3 debits in my credit card (TWX ALLURE, TWX INSTYLE, TWX PEOPLE ).This just ridiculous!!! I change the number of my credit card today...WHAT"S HAPPENING ????
La
  11th of Dec, 2009
I just found two charges on my credit card, same as what is described in these other posts! I called the number written in one of the posts (877-204-9991) it was all automated and very annoying but I made sure to say no to every option they gave me (they try to keep you on and tell you it will be free or only $5 if you cancel by a certain date). At the very end they agree to cancel your subscription and refund you the money they charged to your credit card and I was given a confirmation number. I was still really nervous that I wouldn't get the refund, especially after reading some of these posts. So I called my credit card company and they said it should be fine so the credit card company will credit my card on my current statement and get the refund from the magazine company when it comes in. Good luck to everyone else!! Quite a scare!
Xi
  12th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I got the same problem from my local Loehmann's store.
I found that the magazine company have a website:
you can find your subscription, order status and cancel your order.
Ra
  9th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Thanks to xixixi for the website information. guys you can cancel your subscription there.
Kk
  30th of Jan, 2010
Thanks for all the information, guys! I said yes to the 3 free magazine but I never received a single one! After checking the website provided by xixixi, I found my deliver address was the place I lived a hundred years ago. They could only get that address from my bank because that was the one I used to open my banking account, again, a hundred years ago. How did those people steal my information??
Lo
  6th of Feb, 2010
I was also called caught in this horrible scam. I received FOUR "free" magazines. Loehmann's should be ashamed!! I will never buy anything in their store again. I wanted to be sure that everything would be cancelled and thus called (800-321-6247) and also used the website information (https://www.magcustomerservice.com/wss/050983/home.do#top) provided by xixixi above. Thanks.