TWX.MAGAZINE / BILLED WITHOUT BUYING ANYTHING

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 213-480-6200

I was billed from TWZ. MAGAZINE WITH OUT EVER HAVING SUBSCRIBED TO IT. wHEN I CALLED THEIR 800 NUMBER BUT COULD NOT GET AN OPERATOR ON THE PHONE TO CANCEL WHAT THEY ARE CHARGING ME...

Comments

• Sh
      15th of Sep, 2008

I agree with the complaint listed. I found a TWX Magazine OR charge on my bank statement. This was not authorized for withdrawal . I called to speak with a human being and received a recording that said I was out of the calling area! Imagine that, I called them! I would like to sue them or see a class action suit filed against them.

• Ro
      3rd of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to me, except I called and went through the automated response program and cancelled two magazines and still got billed.

• Le
      17th of Nov, 2008

I went online to look at my bank account this morning and had two charges for magazine from this company. I did not order nor do I want.

• Er
      27th of Sep, 2009

Happened to me as well. Does anyone know how to file for a class action?

• Ev
      30th of Dec, 2009

What's that 800#? I'm currently in mexico on vacation do they have an international#?

• Cl
      8th of Feb, 2010

Same thing just happened to me - it seems they had gone ahead and continued billing me a year later without my permission. I called my bank as I was having no luck getting through to them - they succeeded and I managed to cancel the charge. If it helps anyone the customer service number I was given is 1800-321-6247

• Bl
      29th of Nov, 2010

Many years ago I subscribed to Entertainment Weekly Magazine, canceling about 4 years ago. I went through Chapter 13 a little over 2 years ago and I no longer own any credit cards. About 6 months ago Entertainment Weekly mysteriously began showing up in my mailbox (Cosmopolitan, too... haven't heard from anyone about that yet, though). Imagine my surprise when I received a somewhat threatening letter from Simmons Bank (Ark), whose credit card I'd carried pre-bankruptcy. Evidently TWZ tried to charge my long-defunct Simmons credit card. Ooops.

Simmons wanted me to sign a letter stating I never ordered magazines, never authorized payment via their "dead" credit card, and NEVER RECEIVED ANY MAGAZINES. First, creditors included in a bankruptcy are not allowed to contact old customers post-bankruptcy. Second, by law, If I receive anything in the mail I didn't order I am under no obligation to take any action and the item(s) are mine. The bank messed up in illegally contacting me directly (I warned them I would be turning over their original letter to my attorney). The bank then wanted my "permission" to prosecute TWZ. I returned to the bank their unsigned form letter and a separate letter covering everything I've written here and stating, by all means, I'm all for them going after TWZ (which they won't do... they just wanted to mess with me). I also suggested they re-think THEIR own strong-arm tactics... ;).

At any rate, we can all hope Simmons Bank WILL prosecute TWZ, but I wouldn't hold my breath. A simple Google search of TWZ would tell any bank anything they might want to know about their grand-scale thievery but, as a bank, I'm sure they were surely already aware of TWZ's practices. Somebody, somewhere really needs to go after TWZ and I believe a class action would be in order. But who has the cajones?