TWX*Magazine / Unauthorized withdrawal

1 Fresno, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 559-439-3402

Two unauthorized withdrawals appeared on my bank statement - making my account overdrawn. I'm 86 years old, living on social Security, and this scam is absolutely ridiculous. Where do I get this money back to my account? I have complained to Wells Fargo Bank, and they will check in to it, asking if I want to prosecute. We shall see.

Comments

20th of Jun, 2008

These people took an unauthorized withdrawl out of my account for $83.32, I did not want this. what can be done about this?

• Ha
      5th of Jul, 2008

i have had several withdrawals taken out of my account from twx magazines also none of which i authorized

• El
      12th of Jul, 2008

I had the same problem: Free trial of a magazine offered through my purchase on a well respected store-chain.

First problem: the "free" was not free: they charged me almost three bucks for it.

Second problem They CHARGED almost 20 bucks for a renewal I didn't ask for

And third: Additionally, I started getting another magazine that, according to the person that answered my call, I was subscribed to and would be charged within the next week.

I found the website I quote below, and I called and they have promised me that they will reverse the charge. AND that they won't charge any of the other magazines, AND cancel the FOUR subscriptions that I supposedly have... If I really dissapear from this people's archives and my money is returned, I'll post about it here.

This is the quote and the address of the website where I found the info:
    "Here is what you need to do to reverse this: call NSS Subscriptions at 1-888-321-6247. There is a catacomb of voice driven menu questions - fear not - press # a few times and you will be transfered to a human being who can help. Make sure that you demand to cancel the subscriptions and have the charges reversed."

/URL removed/

• El
      15th of Jul, 2008

Ok, They gave me back my 19.50 Bucks...

And then charged me 24.50 AND 9.00 for two other subscriptions... I've called to the number again and they've assured me they'll give me my refund.

• Gl
      25th of Aug, 2008

I am tired of this crap. I have had it happen 4 times...they said no more. If it happens just one more time...I am closing account and taking a new one out...Never again will I order a magazine...I didn't these...but from now on, I think when I need one, I will just go buy the darn thing...

2nd of Sep, 2008

I cancelled the subcription but TWX still charge 20$ on my card. very crappy ! I will sue it

• Th
      13th of Oct, 2008

thanks to "El Deg" and his advice and phone number, it worked. Now I shall NEVER order or think a free subscription is what it is...! relieved that I found this blog. Thanks!

• Wh
      16th of Oct, 2008

Thank you so much for posting this information. I had no problems getting them to cancel my subscriptions after noticing an unauthorized charge of $2.01 on my statement. Luckily I caught this transaction while it was still processing.

It really is unfair that companies are allowed to do this. I am a college student and thought I was going to be able to view free issues of my favorite magazines but nothing in life is free. This company got my information when I processed an order on www.delias.com. There is an option to ask for free issues.

If you see any of these charges, I recommend calling ASAP. The operator on the phone will try to talk you into keeping the "free issues" but if you just say "NO THANK YOU" he/she will not continue. Thanks again for the information.

• St
      30th of Oct, 2008

I got 2 offers for different subscriptions for $8 each, and I took them - I have yet to receive the magazine but I did get another letter processing one of the subscriptions. As long as I get the magazines I have no problem with those 2 payments of $8.00 but I also saw the $2.01 coming out of my account as well. I called the number provided above and they said that it was a test payment and would come back in within 24 hours. It did NOT, so I called again and the person who answered this time said that it WAS supposed to come back in... she sounded like she didn't much care either way. She said she couldn't give me a refund herself but she could file a customer service complaint.. so I guess we'll see what happens. But thanks for posting the number, and also for warning me that I may be getting more than I bargained for with this bargain! I'll keep my eyes out after the year subscription is over...

• Ji
      30th of Oct, 2008

I had a charge of $2.01 on a magazine which we purchased as a Christmas gift in 2007. After calling the toll free # I was told this was a "Test" charge to see if the accountt was still open.
    Requested a reversal of the charge and cancellation of any magazines. The reversal went through within the 24 hour time frame. Thanks El Deg.

11th of Nov, 2008

i know what cha mean the same thing happen to me it very upseting to keep seeing charges on my account that wsnt authorized so i called to get credit and they was nice enough to do so but still waiting for one more credit hopefully soon anyways i agree nothing is free

• Ci
      14th of Nov, 2008

i've been charged and there's nothing i can do about it that's B.S. no one is returning my call or anything

• Ka
      4th of Dec, 2008

i need my account credited now the bad thing is twx did this with out asking they said when i payed for the subscription at the end of the year i was rebilled which i didn't authrized twx you suck

• Je
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I went through the same thing. After a fair amount of digging, I found out all the information needed to stop the charges and most important... get my money back!
    I was so pissed about this experience, that I made a blog about it and hope that it helps people through this situation.
    Here is the link and I hope it helps.

• Ju
      31st of May, 2010

They just charged me 45!!! I am using this info and giving them a call. You can bet that I won't be real nice. I don't know how this is legal?!?! I am going to be asking them a million questions too, god help the rep that gets me. haha I can't wait to see which magazine i subscribed to...I would never pay 45 for some measly pieces of paper that are all ads anyways in todays magazines.