TWX Magazine / unauthorized purchase

Looked at bank statement today and saw an unauthorize purchase from TWX Magazine in the amount of $2.01. I never bought any magazine subscription. I googled TWX magazine and all that came up was scam after scam of unauthorized purchases. Rather than call the magazine, I called the bank to report it and the cusomer service rep advised we close the card and issue a new one as the purchase was done against my check card. Before it got any worse, I agreed and closed card for a new one. It is an inconvenience to do this, but better safe than sorry. Stupid scammers. UGH.

Kj

Comments

• Me
      16th of Sep, 2008

I noticed 2 charges for $1 each three days ago and then this morning I had 2 charges of $18.99 with some TWX Magazine, I got nothing but automated answers until I pushed the button that asked if I had an order to place, finally they put me through and then the guy told me some horse**** story that he was updating and couldn't help me, gave me a bull**** number and I never got another human to talk to. I have NO idea how to fix this problem, but the charges are coming off a visa that contains the account for my child support...this is not good for me.

29th of Nov, 2010

I just checked my bank account and I have a $1.00 charge from this TWX magazine. I haven't ever ordered anything from this place and just like KJ, I google it and this is what came up. Now I know it's only a dollar, but I'm afraid that there will be future charges to my account. I'm calling my bank first thing tomorrow about this crap.