TWX AOL Service / Unauthorized checking account deductions

It is some sort of online service from AOL that I have never signed up for and I have no account with them to my knowledge. But for months now a deduction of $30.90 has been showing on my checking account statement from twx aol service.

I have been trying off and on for a few months to contact a real person at AOL to have this matter taken care of but only am able to connect with an automated phone system. I never get anywhere with this because I'm asked for my account number and I don't have one. I need help.

Va

Comments

• Ju
      14th of Sep, 2007

I am being charged for AOL Voice $9.90 a month, and $12.91 a month for AOL Service, my complaint is I don't use AOL I did at one time but cancelled, I use comcast service now to access the internet, also I was being charged $30.00 a month for AOL Service, after being charged for several months that did finally stop. My cancelling the AOL Service was due to after signing onto AOL, and used it for 2 months, I started having trouble staying on line, after a couple of days, I was told I could no longer use the service because I did not have a credit card, I told AOL that when I first started I was using my checking account, they told me they don't allow checking account use, had to have credit card, but yet the amounts that are being taken out now is through my checking account something is definately wrong, I want Aol to stop taking money out of my checking account for something I don't even use, there are AOL sites I do use on comcast internet that I was told by AOl that is free on the comcast internet service, and now AOL is trying to charge me, after sending me invitation to use the supposedly free sites, for free of no charge. Also when I was using AOL, that's what it was called, the service I am being charged now through my checking account is called TWX AOL Service and TWX AOL Voice, What the Hell is TWX AOL.

• La
      18th of Sep, 2007
    TWX AOL Service - Unauthorized bank withdrawals

There was an automatic bank withdrawal to this company that I did not authorize. I do not know how they know my banking acct. BUT I want my money reimbursed and this to stop immediately or I will sue this company for theft. I was a member of AOL over a year ago it took me forever to take me off their accts. and stop withdrawals. Now I have to call the bank. This is not right. This is THEFT.

• So
      18th of Sep, 2007

I have the same withdrawal on my checking account TODAY! I do not have AOL or Time Warner. I have been on the phone with both companies for an hour with absolutely no help!

Can anyone help with this?

• Pe
      6th of Oct, 2007

i just want to know what this charge is.

• Li
      1st of Nov, 2007
    TWX AOL Service - Unauthorized bank withdrawals

WE DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THIS COMPANY. OUR ACCOUNT IS WITH AOL. THIS COMPANY CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD WITH THESE CHARGES WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND WE WANT THIS CREDITED BACK TO OUR CREDIT CARD IMMEDIATELY. WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY MORE OF THESE CHARGES ON OUR CREDIT CARD.

• Du
      30th of Aug, 2008
    TWX AOL Service - Unauthorized charge

Just bought a new computer with 90 day free AOL service and used it for one day until I got on-line with SBC.

Within 2 days, I was charged $25.90 on my credit card, (which i never gave out to AOL) wothout authorization.

My question? How did they get my credit card number? Would I give a card number for a free sevice?

• Da
      7th of Jul, 2009
    twx aol service

I have been charged $18.99 for a twx*AOL service. I was then charged with a $34.00 fee from the bank beacuse i had insufficient funds. I did not authorize this charge, nor do i want the service. I expect a refund for the amount taken from me and also for the fee.

• Bm
      21st of Mar, 2011

On 12/06/2009, a "debit purchase" from TWX AOL SERVICE was charged to my checking account in the amount of $51.80. This is not a withdrawal I authorized or a purchase I made. I have never been a paying customer of AOL.