[Resolved] Twoo.com / spam

1 Citrus Heights, CA, United States Review updated:

I have never subscribed to this stupid dating website and yet I have been constantly been getting scam text messages sent to my phone and email. I can't unsubscribe because I never signed up for it. And I'm not going to create an account just to delete it. Your company is nothing but a scam and I will be reporting you to the better business bureau as well. It is harassment and spam like I have never seen before. A simple search of your name brings up nothing but complaints. Delete my email and phone number from whatever database you have. In fact, delete your whole ### company.

• Resolution statement

• Twoo.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 10, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your message. We're sorry you feel upset. It's most probable that you receive invitations to join Twoo from one of your contacts. Please contact us at info-en@twoo.com with the email address you receive the emails from Twoo on and our Community Managers will check why you receive them and help you stop them.

Ls
Mar 10, 2017

Comments

• De
      16th of Jun, 2017

Twoo.com is really [censor], [censor] and stupid dating website...

21st of Jun, 2017

@dear amrita We're sorry you feel this way. Could you let us know why you think so at info-en@twoo.com? We value all feedback from our users!

• Ra
      29th of Oct, 2017

If someone else referred my email address, then why don't you (TWOO) have a system rule in place that triggers one email and stop. You essentially do not have permission to continue sending messages to those who are not subscribed to the TWOO site. You know exactly what you are doing. I mean, I get 2 emails a day (2 A DAY) on my personal email address, and 2 to 3 emails on an email distribution list at work - your business practices are unethical and no matter how much you apologize, feel sorry we feel that way or feed with comments on how you want to resolve complaints, it is absolutely not the truth. No other business with good practices and standards, have this issue. Then take it down, rethink your vision for the company, employ new people that can put systems in place so you don't have to wonder why and you don't have to help stop messages. I have never dealt with any organization that needed me to contact them to "help" stop emails or text messages... because... it just works. How can you NOT think that one email is enough. Oh, and forgot that - the person that "referred" my email, I have never heard of. I think you run scripts through the net and collect email addresses.

30th of Oct, 2017

@RayBay Thank you for your message. We're sorry to hear that you received unwanted emails from Twoo. We can assure you that they were sent by one of our users who had your email address on their contact list and decided to invite you. In every invitation you receive there is an "Unsubscribe" button which allows you to unsubscribe from receiving furhter invitations to join Twoo.
    If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.

• Fa
      3rd of Dec, 2017

The problem is, if you DO unsubscribe, you, essentially, VERIFY that the email address is valid and current. Does that unsubscribe STOP the emails??? NO it does not.

4th of Dec, 2017

@Farkle-san Hi,

We're sorry to hear that you receive unwanted emails from Twoo. Could you please contact us at info-en@twoo.com with the email address that you receive them Twoo? We'll then be able to check why you receive them and help you stop it.

• Ri
      3rd of Apr, 2018

I tried emailing info-en@twoo.com and my message bounces back with the following:

Message not delivered
    There was a problem delivering your message to info-en@twoo.com. See the technical details below.

The response was:
    Leave failed, not a member

I tried the Unsubscribe link and it just wants me to log in with my Facebook account. Scammers... if you are operating from US soil the US government should shut you down. I contacted the "person" who supposedly tried to invite me and they say they getting the same trash from you.
    The internet is supposed to be a boon to society... it is becoming a great problem where invasion of privacy is concerned... especially by companies such as yours.

4th of Apr, 2018

@Ricoby Hi,

Thank you for your message. We can assure you that we never do anything without our user's consent. The person who has invited you must have agreed to invite their contacts to the site. We're sorry if they did so accidentally. If you are redirected to the log in page after clicking the unsubscribe link it may mean that previously you've clicked on the link in the invite agreeing to create an account for you on the site. We're very sorry if you've been surprised by this. Could you please contact me in a private message with the email address you recieve the emails to so that we can check why you recieve emails from Twoo and help you stop them?

• Qu
      3rd of Jun, 2018

Twoo have a business model designed to increase their membership numbers, to increase their corporate share value, by scamming their own members to add their address book contacts. That is not consent by those in the address book.
    The deliberate "unsubscribe by signing up" is a scam to get consent. The "email info@" is also a scam to coroborate our email. Aleksandras empty offers ignore the long term evidence of victims that Twoo is out to scam to increase corporate value. Twoo's business model is contrary to the rules of GDPR. Twoo's excuse that they have our consent is a lie. They can not provide any evidence they have our explicit consent nor that they mined our email address legitimately.

• Qu
      3rd of Jun, 2018

The spam originates from email lists that are not created by friends and contacts of legitimate users. My email address was an invitation from someone I don't know... so clearly Twoo pay people to mine email lists from wherever they can find email addresses online and blanket spam them under the pretence of an "invite". This is not consent. In the EU this is illegal. Twoo need to stand up and have a single option to unsubscribe via email address, without sign in, and for complaints to be directed to a proper email address for Twoo - not a catch all info@. Untill they do us Aleksadra can shut up with her silly statements of "feedback from our users is important". Maybe prove to us she has our consent first?

• Rl
      18th of Jun, 2018

One question kept coming to mind, and that is...Did the originator of this complaint ever give her email address to one of the guys that asked her for it in a message? I have been approached numerous times from men wanting my phone number (to text, of course), email address, wanting me to do WhatsApp and HangOut! I refuse to do any of that, but if somebody HAS shared their email address (or other personal info) with the potential suitor, then it's likely THAT'S how the email address was captured! Only saying that, cuz I haven't received any spam and my friends aren't complaining about it either. There are a lot of fakes on this site, and men's whose profiles say they live where they don't, but that being said, one has to be discerning & wise when it comes to things like this. Best to not engage too long online, cuz the longer you do, the more likely you are to drill the beans!
    BE SAFE

21st of Jun, 2018

@Rlv4god Hi,

Thank you for your message. We're very sorry that you've seen such profiles on the site. We're doing everything we can to make sure scam profiles are detected by our automated systems and by our moderators as soon as possible.

Here are some of the steps we take:
    - picture screening by 24/7 teams
    - anti-scam measurements with different scam indicators
    - anti-fake moderation by 24/7 teams
    - abuse reports by users, dealt with by dedicated community managers
    - a number of European initiatives and projects to constantly learn more about how abusers behave and how we can prevent them from harassing our members

We always appreciate it if a user who sees fake profiles on the site reports them to us as it helps us improve our scam detecting systems and block such profiles faster.
    However, we'd like to note that you're correct stating that sharing any contact information with such people is dangerous and should not be done if you're not sure the person you're talking to is a genuine user. We talk about it in more detail in our Safety section (www.twoo.com/about/safety).

• Na
      23rd of Jun, 2018

@Aleksandra - Twoo Team Sir my name naushad alam. Sir pleas detail.refund policy.two.com

• Na
      23rd of Jun, 2018

Sir refund policy from twoo.com detail share me.

27th of Jun, 2018

@Nausad alam Hi,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact us at info-en@twoo.com? We'll then be able to find your account in our system, check why and when you've been charged and inform you if it's possible to organise a refund for your payment.

• Da
      14th of Sep, 2018

Can you activate my profile again? My email vilasamja@hotmail.com ?

• Da
      14th of Sep, 2018

My profile is blocked becouse of one picture.Nobody can t send mi messages or too see my profile?