Twin River Casino / Can't win

There is absolutely no sense thinking you are going to get lucky at Twin Swamp. Just like they loosened up those machines when they opened the new room last year, they have tightened them down as much as they can to try to "stay open." The place will never close as it brings in a ton of cash. The state is far too greedy at 61% of the take and the real cause for "failure". I recommend everyone avoid this place until things gets financially straightened out. I feel bad for all the employees that have lost jobs and more that probably will.

Va

Comments

• Be
      10th of Jul, 2008

where is twin river casino?

• St
      14th of Nov, 2008

Actually, I do win money here, but it is usually $5 to $10 sometimes. I used to win $100 and get lots of coupons for $5 to $5, 000 every few months. I also used to get hats, T shirts and cups and mugs. Since Twin River came to be, all that disappeared. I was told you have to play and lose to get he perks now. The lines used to be backed out to the doors when I was getting my coupons cashed in. I asked other players and they all say they do not win there, but did not quit like me. So why should this place pay out? Their hold is actually 75% and the state gets 61% of the remaining 39%. Food is $10 and above, except for coffee at DD. They do have free smoke for your enjoyment.

• Tw
      1st of Jun, 2010

Twin Swam is asinine, they take give bak 60 cents on the dollar and your lucky to win more then 10 dollars. Every time I hit I would have to be playing max bet to hit anything substantial and at foxoods I could be playing a nickel and win 40 50 dollars like nothing. twin rivers is a joke and they show even much so as they charge people for drinks, it is a bs thing, how they charge people 1 dollar for a drink that cost the casino 2 dollars for a huge bottle water it down with loads of ice and make 400 to 500 dollars on drinks a night. Whats the point when some person puts that into a machine. Its a ridiculous charge just like there establishment. They better do something quick because I have seen a big decrease in people since going and it is not looking any better.

Foxwoods is on the agenda next time I wana go gamble. Fuc Twin River

• Jb
      22nd of Jun, 2011

I am angry because I found out that the casino can set the win rate to never win or win a lot. I had no idea about this. It is not fair. I thought I was playing with a good chance to win. I am interested in a class action lawsuit against Rivers Casino. If no one want it, I'm filing a suit personally. It's a set up to take people's money.

2nd of Sep, 2014

If you are going to have bingo games hire people that know what they are doing. Was there when some one yelled bingo right near a worker the next person yelled, they both won. The first person should have won that bingo alone. So unfair. And also I was at your lobster dinner as a guest on Sept. 2nd. the lines were so long we were asked to get at the end of the line the person I was with was handicapped.
    So we decided you could keep your lobster dinner, it was not worth it. We will be going to Fox Woods where they know how to play bingo and where handicapped people are treated with respect.. Anna Quirini

• Mi
      19th of Jun, 2017

Although a commonly known fact, the idea that slots can be "set" to pay out according to any formula, and not some random algorithm, is deceptive to the customer and misleading at only the least. If you think slots are favoring the house more than you, you're right! But a 90% house / 10% customer split should be investigated by whatever governing agency looks after consumer interests. (I tried researching, they hide it well! That means a lot of people along the food chain - A LOT! - are siphoning off money, and that was probably how the casino earned political backing for its creation. Ask a lawyer) The only way to fix such unfairness is JUST DON'T GO! And, organize a boycott! At the very least, change your game. Play cards. Bet horses. Try roulette. Here's a footnote -- as a Vietnam-era GI I gambled in Vegas on several occasions. One Saturday afternoon I was playing a half-dollar slot (they weren't digital or electronic then) and this machine started to pay me like crazy. I went from a GI with a $79 stake to winning over $2, 000 and getting free drinks to boot! I had a buddy mind the machine so I could get that cash (the machine ran out of coins), and some fellow with a tool box comes along, slides the machine out on rails, and makes "an adjustment" and that was it for the day. I put $150 back into that machine and never won again. Fortunately for me, I was ahead of the game and saw the "writing on the wall" as the saying goes. I took the rest of my bonanza and enjoyed Sinatra at Caesar's! As the Kenny Rogers song goes, "You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em!"