TW/IAUCTION 801-578-9020 UT / Fraudulent Credit Card Charges

1 Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada Review updated:

I have had at least 3 charges of over $73 charged to my Capital one credit card and I have had no dealings with the company whatseover It had to come through Ebay which I will never use again.

Comments

• Lo
      22nd of May, 2009

does anyone have the address of the company that is committing this fraud as my bank requires me to mail them a cancellation letter?

• Pv
      8th of Jul, 2009

I just found a charge from this company on my bank statement and don't have any idea who they are or how they got my information. I did a reverse look -up on the number and found this address.
    Pacific Webworks, 230 w. 400 s. Salt Lake City, Utah 84101-1841. Nicole Batt, is listed as an officer. I'm sure that it all has to be the same mess of scammers. I'm in utah and a few weeks ago the news did a story about a company in SLC that was Scamming people out of money by making themselves look like Google. I think that this is the company doing it. I wish now that I would had paid more attention to the story.

• Mo
      27th of Aug, 2009

I was charged 67.85 without my authorization. I was going to order the work-at-home kit but thought the better of it and did not place the order but by then they gained access to my Visa info. Anyway if you call your credit card company and state that this is an unauthorized charge they will reverse it. All you have to do is sign a form declaring that the charge was not authorized. They investigate via the company's banker and if they have no proof of authorization the charge is reversed including any interest the credit company charged. So please DO NOT accept this ripoff; FIGHT BACK!!!

• Bu
      30th of Oct, 2009

I, too, have become a victim to this internet scam. They promised to send a "kit" within two weeks, which was a work-at-home making up webpages for google and yahoo. I never received this kit and three months later I find three charges made to my checking account totalling to over $120! I called the 801-578-9020 and the lady there acted suspicious about the whole thing. I told her that I never received any "kit" and they were never authorized to take this money from my account and I was going to call the police! The lady at the other end said, "oh no, don't call the police! Just file fraud with your bank." I informed her that my credit union had already found out that this was a scam by googling their phone number and they instructed me to call the police and file a report.

• Th
      9th of Dec, 2009

My name is Tom Harvey and I'm a reporter for The Salt Lake Tribune and have written two stories about the Google lawsuit against Pacific Webworks for fraud. I'm wondering if you would like to share your experiences for another story. If so, please send me an e-mail, tharvey@sltrib.com, telling me about what happened to you and include a telephone number so I can contact you if I need to ask additional questions. Please include your real name and the city where you live.