tvshowmonster.com / Return Policy

Purchased a DVD set (Spenser: For Hire) and when it came, found it totally unwatchable. Contacted company 6 times by email to get a return address (since no address or phone # was listed on their website), and when they finally answered, the return address was in China. Their customer support advised me to pay half the amount due and keep the DVD set, because the cost to return the set would be more than the original amount charged ($57.00). These people have quite a scam going.

Ka

More tvshowmonster.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ka
tvshowmonster.com - Poor Quality
tvshow monster.com
California

Saw a link on Amazon for a Spenser: For Hire TV Series DVD Set from TVshow monster.com, and ordered the set without checking their reputation. BIG MISTAKE!!! Did not repond to my emails even though website promised response within 24 hours. Finally received DVDs---straight from China! Opened the outer box to see that the VHS size case that housed the DVDs was cracked and chipped. First DVD viewed was fuzzy and sound was uneven and jittery. Soon started sticking and stopping. Got so bad that we finally tried another one. Just as bad from the very beginning!!! There was even a partial commercial during first disc. Looks like someone taped the show from TV screen straight to DVD--even had "Lifetime" channel logo in corner. Advertised as excellent quality, no commercials, able to play in any region and on any DVD player---LIES! Listed as brand-new yet has scratches and smudges on all the discs. Emailed the company immediately for return label and instructions (no address/phone number anywhere on website) and have yet to hear from them.

Pa
  3rd of Jun, 2016

I too have had the same experience. I went to Amazon and they sent me to this site, I purchased Carol Burnett and Friends only to receive them and find that they have been taped from tv. TV Land to be exact. When I opened the package there was 6 dvds in a old VHS tape box with homemade labels stuck to them. This was nothing like was shown on the website. They were shipped from China with no return address or phone number it is a total misrepresentation. I have emailed them but have not received a reply. I have never had a problem with Amazon and felt secure giving my information I feel that they should be looking into this and making sure the links to their website are legitamite.

Mi
  3rd of Jun, 2016

I too had the same experience. I went to Amazon looking for What I Like About You DVD set for my daughter. They linked me to TVshowmonster, and of course I didn't really look into the website because Amazon had it listed. Big mistake! The DVDs do look as if they were taped from the TV. I just sent in a complaint to TVshowmonster over the internet, but I doubt I will get a response. My complaint is identical to Patsy Williams complaint. From China to all of the DVDs in a VHS box. I just needed to vent because I have honestly never had this kind of problem before with a company misrepresenting themselves so badly. Normally I am very careful and research everything before I buy on the internet, and the one time I didn't I got screwed. To all of you thinking about getting a bargain on DVDs think again! Please don't go through TVshowmonster. Oh, and all of the complaints about receiving the DVDs late are true too. It took over 30 days for me to receive mine. I wish they would've just got lost in the mail. If anyone out there knows a way we can stick it to this company please let me know.