tvshowmonster.com / fraudulent dvd sales

United States Review updated:
I attempted to purchase the complete series (all 15 seasons) of The Red Green Show from tvshowmonster.com. I received 2 confirmation e-mails, one stating shipping would take 10-14 days. When I did not receive my order I attempted to contact the company for tracking information. I did eventually receive several responses (about 4 days after my intital e-mail query & 24 hours after I had requested my order be cancelled). They stated that my order had been held up by a "festival" and should arrive "next week." They even offered me $25 off a future purchase.

Upon doing some research about the company, I discovered that the set I ordered could not possibly exist because the distributor had not released all of the show's seasons to dvd yet.

I have asked my credit card company to contest the charges & warned Acorn Media that their products are being fraudlently offered for sale. I am also seeking advice on what to do should I actually receive a pirated dvd.

More tvshowmonster.com Complaints & Reviews

N  20th of Dec, 2008 by
Went to this website because it was a link on Amazon so I assumed it was a legitamate business. WRONG. Starts with the shipping tab on the website states shipping 10-12 days, when I received confirmation e-mail 10-14 BUSINESS days. Because I needed this item before x-mas I immediatly, within the hour, requested cancellation if they could not deliver before x-mas. No response. Subsequently I have sent 4 more e-mails. NO RESPONSE. No contact phone number. No address. Furthermore, the site touted that the DVD set was in stock, 8 days later it still has not shipped. I understand now these are bootlegged DVDS. BUYER BEWARE!!!
A  23rd of Dec, 2008 by
I ordered the Perry Mason boxed set. After approx. three weeks and no delivery or returned calls I contacted my credit card company to dispute this charge and decline any other attempts by this company to place charges on my account. I recieved the package five days later. If you don't not mind watching the Hallmark Channel reruns, not uncut, of Perry Mason, with partial commercials, this is a good deal. However, if this is what I wanted I would have taped the shorter reruns off TV and filtered out the commercials. The old saying applies, you only get what you pay for. There is no return address and the order was shipped from China so I guess I can forget a refund. I have contacted consumer affairs in Maryland and am waiting for a reply. If they are going to record and sell this junk they should at least learn how to use the pause button. There are many other alternatives to this company.
N  23rd of Dec, 2008 by
After getting to Amazon.com's website and serching for a specific product a link to another website tvmonster.com show's up at the bottom of the first page of my search so I click on this link. This takes me to a legitamate looking site and because Amazon sent me to this site I thought I could trust them, I was wrong and out $70, it will be a long time if ever again I shop at amazon again of course i'm sure they won't miss my buisness.
N  9th of Jan, 2009 by
order dvd and it was in bad shape. I couldn't contact the at all.
A  11th of Jan, 2009 by
i contacted Amazon.com. the link on their site is from a subsidiary of theirs that takes money from the advertisers. So it is a sponsored link by Amazon. They are aware of the problem with this company and said they were doing something about it. I said at a minimum they should be taken off their vendor list immediately. I am supposed to receive news as to what they are going to do.
N  12th of Jan, 2009 by

tvshowmonster.com - NEVER RECEIVED DELIVERY
British Columbia

I can not believe I can't contact this company on my purchase. I was also directed to this site via Amozon.com
I just want to know if they are every going to send my order.
A  20th of Jan, 2009 by
Don't count on getting your order. They are thieves. After they sent me an email stating my order shipped, I checked the "tracking number" they provided and found it was invalid, per the USPS. I contacted my credit card company and they too verified that the number was fake and are going to credit my account and deduct the payment made to tvshowmonster. I fully intend to file a complaint with the FBI Cyber crimes unit and encourage you to do the same. They are also dba "bestdvdseries" and tvseriesdvd.
N  26th of Jan, 2009 by
I have just placed an order from tvmonster.com for the Beverly hillBillys collection.
Sadly I didn, t do my research until after I had ordered the goods.
After reading all these complaints I must says I am nervous, I guess I will have to wait and see,
But I did find a phone number for customer service 778-282-8099
Called it and actually reached a live person not a recording, for that I am thankfull.
Will post again when and if the goods show up, 14 busness days they say, I am in Canada and expect a bit more of a wait.

A  29th of Jan, 2009 by
I'm so sorry you are going through this! My concern with all these theives and pirates is whether we should cancel our credit cards due to potential identity theft! And how will I know it's legit? I'm reminded of a old saying, if a deal sounds too good to be true, then it probably is!
A  17th of Feb, 2009 by
I also ordered dvds 4 weeks ago and still never got them. And I also sent 6 e-mails and never got a response. There is no phone number to call to check on my order either. This is poor business and I will report this to the Better Business Bureau.
N  2nd of Mar, 2009 by

tvshowmonster.com - fraud

Ordered "Collector Edition DVD Series" They sent pirated version shows recorded off of tv with tv comercials partly deleted in them. They have no return address to ship back defective merchandise . Postal inspector found complaints listed by others for same thing on the net. Thats $103.00 down the drain!
N  31st of Mar, 2009 by
I ordered the Baa Baa Black sheep series form www.tvshowmonster.com I was told that I would receive the order in 10- 14 days, It took a month. When I tried to watch the dvd they would play for a few mins and then freeze, the quality was so poor they were not worth watching. They were copied from the History Channel. I called and email the company many times trying to resolve this issue with no results. I have finally contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute of the charges.
Beware do not order from this company!!!

March 2009
N  7th of Mar, 2010 by
I also had many many problems with this company discs blurry all from china, and packages all broken I could get no response from the company. Now i see that they are back on the web with a new name

Pass this on to as many as you can so no one else is scammed.
CW Canada
N  11th of Mar, 2010 by
2 of this companies aliases are ad's on THIS PAGE... www.TvDvdWarehouse.Com & www.TvPast.com

I'm no expert but why is the complaints board supporting these ###s???
N  26th of Nov, 2011 by

tvshowmonster.com - There is no contact information

I ordered a the complete box set of a different world dvds on 12/7/08 and my credit card was processed right away and today is 1/6/09 and I still haven't received my merchandise. The site stated 10-14 days but tomorrow makes a month. There is no contact information except to send an email and they still haven't responded to the 3 I already sent. I have no idea what to do now.
N  27th of Nov, 2011 by

tvshowmonster.com - Very disappointing!

I ordered the complete set of Gomer Pyle DVDs for my son for his birthday in December. They arrived from somewhere in Asia, in a broken plastic box, with the DVDs loosely in sleeves inside that box. They did not play on our DVD player, although they did play on a portable one, and a number of them appear to be defective and don't work. Very disappointing!
N  10th of Aug, 2016 by

tvshowmonster.com - Oredered a movie called the district
Phone: unknown

My daughter in law ordered the movie the district from this website the last part of November. She put it on her debit card and was having the movie sent to my address at 467 n James avenue, east wenatchee, wa. 98802 Rachel has tried tracking this and all she gets that it is in shipping. Rachel's address is 1035 tieton eastates dr. , tieton, wa. 98947 telephone numbe 1 - 509 - 728 - 2282. I am Sally Montgomery her mother in law that had Rachel order this movie so i could give it to my husband for a Christmas present. The site represented that it would take 7 to 14 days. I have never received it and there is no way you can contact these people unless you email them. I have sent 4 different emails and no response. I didn't realize that this site was a scam until i started looking on the Internet and realizing that other people have been scammed also. I would appreciate a reply regarding this matter and also my daughter in law Rachel Loyd will be contacted her bank to dispute this charge. This site should be taken off the Internet and should not be doing business in the us or anyplace else. Thanks you sally Montgomery my email address is sallyglenmont@charter. Net phone number is 509 - 884 - 7905 p. S. Hopefully something can be done about this asap!!!
A  10th of Aug, 2016 by
this is outrageous. How do we go about filing fraud charges? To the better business bureau or police or what?
N  10th of Aug, 2016 by

tvshowmonster.com - non delivery of product

Like others I have seen here, I ordered the complete set of boy meets world from this website. I was directed to the website via Amazon.com. I am shocked to see that Amazon would be so careless as to have a link to a non-legal entity. I would like to know how to do something about this. Isn't Amazon liable at all? Why don't any of them make it easy to lodge a complaint.
A  10th of Aug, 2016 by
I had the same thing happen to me TVSHOWMONSTER.COM tried to rip me on 70.00 dollar 10 days ago-but after a few emails my money was back in my hands.Thare is a way to get your money back;email me at coinsusa@fastmail.fm and I will tell you how.