I ordered the complete set of DVD's of Mama's Family and the Golden Girls from this outfit TVShowMonster. It is a total scam. The DVD sets are not in stock as they claim in their ad, they are shipped from Asia. Both sets did eventually arrive but they are pure crap. They are not uncut versions as the ad claims. The DVD's are pirated versions recorded from TV broadcasts and except for disc 1 for mama's family, the disc # is actually written in by pen. Many of the episodes are completely unwatchable due to freezing and skipping video, including one entire disc. The Golden Girls set was supposed to include all episodes on 21 discs but they actually sent only 12 discs with just over half the episodes and many of them are unwatchable -- freezing and skipping video and complete loss of sound.

I just got the last package a few days ago and getting ready to go to battle with these goons. Any suggestions for getting my money back, my email is padeross@yahoo.com.

N  1st of Jan, 2009 by

I went on line thru Amazon (feeling that they would not have a website that would rip me off - but was - I ordered Smrf DVDs - Paid a little over $70 for the set. They came with no shipping papers and in a broken box from China. I gave them as a Xmas present (bad idea for sure) and they show they have been bootlegged off of the actual cartoon and they will not play - The shipment from China did not even have an address to refer back to - this site appears to definitely been a rip off
N  8th of Jan, 2009 by

TVSHOWMONSTER - No merchandise

I ordered the box set of all 9 seasons of Coach. I did this 3 weeks ago and have recd nothing. I do not expect to rec anything now as I have read all of the complaints regarding this site. Amazon needs to undo the link they have to this scam site. Apparently you can't trust anything on the net anymore. Our criminal justice system really needs to catch up with all of the pieces of sh#@ stealing on the net. This is no different than someone stealing right out of your wallet. I am not completely stupid and this has happened to me 3 times with various sites over several years. What does it take to get these sites shut down! I am so "f" ing frustrated! All I wanted were some stupid shows and now I am $55 poorer and evidently too trusting. Pissed!!! Obviously I should have checked to see if these scammers were listed before I bought anything.
N  15th of Jan, 2009 by
Get no reply from company on website- no phone number -quality of product is bad.
N  20th of Jan, 2009 by

This company is less than honest. If you've ordered anything from these people, don't expect to receive it, and if you do it will be recording from a tv channel. My credit card company credited my account and is deducting the money paid to tvshowmonster. I am filing a complaint with the FBI's cyber crimes division. These people are stealing money and need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
A  4th of Feb, 2009 by
W-A-R-N-I-N-G!!! This website TVShowMonster.com is committing id theft and credit card fraud. I posted the note above about a week ago and at the time assumed the matter was just about the poor quality DVD's, the lack of response to phone and email. Afterward I finally talked to VISA and explained my situation and what I had read on some of the complaint websites and they are reimbursing me. HOWEVER...

Several days later on super bowl sunday I was browsing thru complaint sites and started finding warnings about this company committing id theft and credit card fraud. Eventually I found a website SHOP-4-DVD.com which has a fraud alert at upper right. When you click on that, they give a complete description of how this outfit commits credit card fraud. It is a little complicated and 2 other innocent victims are sucked into the scheme. But the bottom line is that it can ruin your credit rating. This website also provides a list of about 2o or so other websites doing essentially the same thing as TVShowMonster -- it looks like they are all in cahoots. The list includes DVDMediaStar.com, TVDVDStore.net, DVDdonkey.com, theDVDplanet.org and many other similar ones. I did not see TVDVDMania in this list but it is clearly one of the group.

I immediately called VISA and ended up talking to their fraud unit. They advised the immediate cancellation of my card, so they did that. It takes about a week for the new card to get to you. At the time, there were no fraudulent charges on my card, so we got to it in time. However, 3 days later (this morning) I had a 4 a.m. email (from a completely legitimate company) notifying me that a charge had been declined on my old cancelled card # and they wanted me to explain. So I called them and explained what had happened. The rep I talked to could not tell me what the attempted charge was for but typically it is for electronic equipment like camcorders and digital cameras.

In summary, I would advise anyone who has ordered DVD's from any of these companies to exercise extreme caution about fraudulent charges on their credit card and seriously consider cancelling the current card and getting a new one.
N  6th of Mar, 2009 by

My complaint is the same as everybody else who has received these horrible DVDs. I could've done a better job burning the DVDs myself. I thought I was going to be able to surprise my daughter on Valentine's Day with one of her favorite shows, What I Like About You. Instead it took well over a month to even receive the order. Who knew ordering something in mid- January would take until late February to arrive. I too trusted Amazons link to TVshowmonster and really didn't do the extra research I should have to find out about this company. My mistake. Reading these reviews really gets my blood pumping, and I hope something will become of all of these complaints. What was meant to be an exciting gift for my daughter is just one big headache.
N  7th of Aug, 2009 by

TVSHOWMONSTER - Faulty Products

I purchased a set of DVDs from this website (Tvshowmonster) that were misrepresented. 6 of the 19 DVDs will not play and the ones that do are pirated from TV and of low quality.

Now when I contact them they will not replace the bad DVD's.