TVsDepot / Fraud and cheating

I have never dealt with any company as rude and disrespectful as TVsDepot.com, also known as FotoConnection.com - They have a sneaky but obvious tactic, they advertise the item you want at an incredible low price - then give you a call within hours to "confirm" your shipping/billing address... RIGHT!!! - What you get is a sale pitch to purchase other items. Bait and Switch at its best!! I'm still waiting for my item in the mail. BTW, if you want rude customer service, call them and you're sure to get a fix... The minute they pick up you get someone who couldn't give two flying fingers about what you're calling them for!! Aggravation comes with a price, and that's what you pay as a discount with these people!!

Va

Comments

• Va
      29th of Apr, 2008

We bought 5 Canon Powershot A 650 IS cameras and TVs Depot. They lied to us many times! They sold us warranties that didn't cover what they said they would.

They also told us that we would get cleaning kits for all of them and we only got one. We later called them and they didn't have our recorded conversation.

They won't believe us and said they would send us five SD cards. We will see, ya right. This is a scam we are lucky the cameras work.

We spent almost $2000.00 and they treated us really terrible!

• Tm
      11th of Oct, 2008

I was assured that TV is brand new, with factory warranty. When opening box – the content shows badly wrapped TV, tired plastic wrap loosely was hanging over TV. TV was visibly used; there was no Product Registration Card; there were fingerprints on the screen. On left side – frame was not properly assembled – it indicated that TV might be opened and repaired. Manuals were used and pages marked. TV was not factory sealed, plastic covering corners were detached in part and showing dust. Speaker bar is damaged – there is cigarette hole on the front fabric cover. I made pictures of all items as arrived. Shipped TV was in condition completely unacceptable. One hour after receiving – I contacted sale person and he even was not suppressed about shipment condition. He offered extended 3 year warranty for free and insisted on me to keep TV. I have endless difficulties reaching TVsDepot customer service. They start inserting that TV was shipped brand new and i have to pay restocking fee. Be aware of them, never buy anything. Now i have to persuade a legal action, but I think, it is something troubling that low enforcement is not interesting in going after such bad dogs.

• Du
      5th of Dec, 2008

I did a google search on a Casio Ex-v8 camera. TVSDepot and Photoconnection both came up at $159.99 vs. about $200 elsewhere. It is a discontinued camera as of nine months ago, so I figured it is just being marked down.

After placing the internet order on their website, I got an immediate email asking me to call "Sam" at ext. 2051 to confirm the order.

I called, and the conversation went like this:

Sam: "Oh hi, yeah, well, about your order, you forgot to buy a battery for the camera”.

I said: “No thanks, I don’t need a battery”

“Sam” then said: “OK, well you also didn’t pay the $20 for shipping insurance”

I said, “No thanks, I don’t want the shipping insurance”.

“Sam” said: "Well, that’s required".

I said, “I don’t want the shipping insurance”.

“Sam” then said: “OK, what do you want me to do, cancel the order?”

I said: “Yes, cancel the order. Thank you.” Click.

I then twenty minutes later I received an email informing me that the order could not be completed without me taking steps to verify the credit card.

So, not only did I request the order be cancelled with “Sam” by phone, but the email below told me it could not be completed if I didn’t verify the card. That’s TWO cancellations.

I received an email two days later informing me the item was shipped, with the UPS tracking #. I called MasterCard and was informed that a charge for $174.99 wass on my credit card from one of the many names your company goes by.. digital discounters, or something like that.

I called that morning Again to ext. 2051. I spoke to “Sam” and asked him to cancel the order. He asked “why?”, and I told him because I had asked for it to be canceled on the day we spoke. He said: “But I threw in a 5 hour battery for free”. I said “But I canceled the order. I don’t want a camera at any price from a company that practices intentionally deceptive add-on charges for a “battery you forgot to buy”, or “required insurance we didn't mention but that you are required to buy”.

I called the credit card companyagain and filed a dispute. The package is scheduled to be delivered by UPS today and it we be refused.

• Ol
      6th of Jan, 2009
    TVsDepot - Bad service
    TVsDepot
    tvsdepot.com

Terrible to do business with. No customer service after the sale whatsoever. TV broke down and I was informed that if we dont have the box (after 6 months) they can not repair the unit. Then tried to sell me an Extended Warranty ?? This only after 20 calls and ZERO call backs from them. Can you say sleazy?

• Sw
      31st of Mar, 2009

I am currently in the process of dealing with TVsDepot (aka Foto Connection) and I wish I had viewed the comments and postings on this complaint web site before I allowed myself to be entangled in this shamefully woven web of deceit with these slimy, disrespectful, conniving excuses for sales professionials that I have ever had the misfortune to make their acquaintance. I ordered a 52 inch flat panel HDTV for what was easily the best advertised price anywhere (or so I thought).

The total price included free shipping and no tax. Just as some of the previous complaints have mentioned, I then received a call within hours to "confirm" my shipping/billing address, which in reality was a sales pitch to purchase other items and upgrade my shipping to a charged service rate. After several assertive attempts by the customer service/sales rep and an equal number of declines by me, the rep finally continued with the order placement. A few days later, I received an email that there were issues with my order shipment and I needed to call them.

Upon the placing of this call, I encountered "Bobby", who is absolutely, hands-down the unequivocal reigning champ of "PISS-POOR" Customer Service. He informed me that the order had been damaged in transit to him and he was not going to take any further chances of shipping another order without upgrading the shipping to a different method, which would cost $249.00, but he would do it for $99.00. When I declined and advised I wanted to receive the item I ordered, in the new condition I expected, for the price that was advertised, I was told it could not happen and then "Bobby" continued with about 15 minutes of bantering rapport in which he basically talked down to me and my wife, laughed at the mere notion that we would go elsewhere to purchase at this price and basically told us if we didn't like it, he would cancel the order.

I mistakenly thought I could call the customer service number provided on the website and report "Bobby" because I was certain he was a representative of some outsourced, third-party shipping company and not a direct representative of the 2009 Gold Award for Customer Satisfaction recepient (TVsDepot). Imagine my surprise, when I finally got through, to find out they are one in the same. This time I spoke with Vincent (who no doubt sits in the cubicle next to Bobby) who basically continued on the path Bobby had previously set ablaze, although with a little more tact and poorly disguised "I want to help you" attitude. After several attempts by me to cancel the order and several attempts by Vincent to add-on HDMI cables for free and his guarantee that I will be totally satisfied with the order or I can just call him and he'll take care of me, I finally gave in to give Vincent a shot to salvage this thus far horrible experience.

Well, my order is scheduled to arrive on 04/02/09 and we'll see what arrives and in what condition. Vincent has already failed on one part, as I was only supposed to be charged $99.00 for the upgraded shipping and it turns out that I was actually charged $161.00 (so much for the free add-ons).

Upon completion of this transaction, I will never, ever-ever-ever-ever shop with this company again and neither should you. They are as crooked as a barrell of snakes and I would rather walk through a cage full of lions while wearing a pork chop suit, than do business with them again. They should be ordered to cease and desist their business operation in the U.S.

• Do
      13th of Sep, 2009

I had a similar problem. The verification process was almost too careful, almost legal bound conversations to make sure that this is what I ordered and once placed there was nothing I could do to get out of it. All the steps they did to have me call them was not typical protocol when ordering something online. Of course, they laced these verification calls with other merchandise they were trying to get rid of. It came with a free deluxe cleaning kit and mini tripod that I had to remind him of. They also tried the sales pitch of buying additional products (like another battery)for a Canon camera I was replacing. The price was good but that came with more hassles than what I was expecting. The camera that I had ordered was a black camera with silver trim. It was different because I wanted to differentiate between my camera and my daughters new camera. I had the silver one and she wanted the black one. The rep called me and said that the black one was "temporarily" out of stock but he had the silver one and that he would send that one out immediately. I said no, I would be willing to wait for the black model and that it would be fine because I was in no hurry. So... as if this conversation never took place, several days later, I received the silver one in the mail. Not only that, the packaging resembles a factory second as it was in a white box. This is something that refurbished items get packaged in. I have no problems with refurbished items whatsoever. However, I do want to know that up front when I purchase an item that is a factory second or refurbished. The price needs to match as well. Speaking of the price, I did not get charged what was originally advertised. The camera arrived with an invoice that had an extra $38.00 added on to the unit price. I tried contacting the company via email and miraculously all the emails I had would not accept any emails I sent back. I tried calling and gave up. It only the color that was an issue and the extra added $. The camera does work and keeping that in perspective I did not press the issue. I do know that if I purchased anything else from this website, I would be risking another run around like I got with this purchase. So, I take this experience as a learning lesson and will not buy from this company again. This is clearly how NOT to run a legitimate business. These clowns need hearing aides.

• Cu
      14th of Sep, 2009

Did you sue?

• Do
      14th of Sep, 2009

Who is sue? Give me her last name, I might be able to tell you better. Am I Sue? Oh no! You must have me mistaken for someone else.

• Cu
      15th of Sep, 2009

You know what I mean. How much did you win?