TVRetails.com / Scam and cheating!

NY, United States Review updated:

Do not buy from them they will take your money and run!! No one answers the phone either. I ordered a product from them for an Xmas gift and they took my money and never shipped the item. I called and the one time they answered the phone I was told it was out of stock and they would refund my money. Many emails later (as they don't answer the phone anymore) I keep getting the same story. "There was a mixup and you will be refunded in a few days". I never got anything back. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they said TVRetails is not affiliated with the BBB as the website states by using the BBB logo. SO its now Feb. and still no refund. Don't buy anything from them. They are a scam!!!
Pe

Comments

Pa
  5th of Feb, 2008

TVRetails.com - Bad quality product!
2207 Lotus Blossom
San Antonio
Texas
Phone: 210-494-8210
www.TVretails.com

I was looking for the Listen-Up device on Google to give as a Christmas gift as well as an additional one for myself and, unfortunately, chose this site. The first order (online) seemed to go well but when I got to the end of the order process it showed I had placed two different orders totaling four devices. There was no way to cancel the second order online so I called the number and again spoke with "John" (a fellow with an East Indian accent) and he assured me the 2nd order would be canceled. Long story short, all four devices were shipped to me and charged to my credit card. I faxed "John" my credit card statement proving I'd been charged for the 4 devices and have since then called the phone number probably 100 times (no answer - guess they have caller id). Meanwhile, my statement due date was right around the corner and, also unfortunately, have paid for all four of the things. Don't want to send two of them back as I'm sure that will be the end of that. Wish these people could be stopped!!!
Ru
  5th of Feb, 2008
I ordered from them to for Christmas.. same story no answers same excuses its a scam!!!
Ja
  11th of Feb, 2008
Is there anything we can do about this? They did the same thing to me. Im extremely angry.
Ma
  4th of Mar, 2008
The same thing happened to me. My Credit Card was charged within 4 days or ordering and the item was never received. The phone numbers do not work nor does their email. I'm very upset.
Mi
  4th of Mar, 2008
I ordered the push up pro exercise grips because of the "free shipping" its a scam. I noticed it about 10 mintues after I charged it because I always call online companies for a UPS tracking number (for verification). The first time i called I got a "this number has been disconnected" the second number I called was a "this voicemail box is full." As soon as that happened I took a closer look at the website... it was poorly worded through out. I immediatly called my credit card company cancelled the payment, cancelled my credit card, and alerted all three of my creditors. After all they do get your name address and other personal information on their payment form. I have read several complains on this so far and am considering reporting them to the IC3 (Company that is sponsered by the FBI)
Di
  2nd of Jun, 2008
BEWARE of this company! (if it is one - at all)

I did not investigate TVretails, before ordering the Forearm Forklift. My mistake. I paid for the item, never received it. It's been 2 months. I called, got a recording. I left a message and did not get a call back. I logged into the Live Chat feature on their website. The so-called "Live Person" never started the chat and became suddenly 'unavailable'. Total Rip-Off!
Ch
  4th of Jun, 2008
It's been a good experience. I placed order and requested for fast shipping for birthday gift. Item arrived on expected time . Thanks to them!

I was little bit worried but I received an email from them with shipment details. Fast shipping, average customer service, good item. Thank you!
Ya
  5th of Jun, 2008
I purchased "Swivel Sweeper" of free shipping and very happy to receive it on time. Best price, good item.
Looking to place more order in future. Thank you!
Ka
  6th of Jun, 2008
I, too, ordered a product that has never been delivered. My credit card was charged on 1/18/08. I sent an email in March and left a phone message in April. I have heard absolutely nothing from TvRetails.com. Fortunately, it only cost less than $15, but I still feel RIPPED OFF!
Ma
  13th of Jun, 2008

TVRetails.com - Scam and cheating
89 South Street, Pier 17
Phone: 1-877-243-3721
www.tvretails.com

I ordered a hair dryer from this company back in April, 2008. It took several weeks to arrive... defective. It was obvious by the package that this was NOT a new product - it had been returned [defective] and placed back on the shelf for re-sale. As soon as I turned it on, the room was filled with what smelled like burning hair. I have been emailing back and forth with this company since the end of April. Today is June 13, and I have YET to receive my refund. I am infuriated at this point and have no intention of letting them off the hook.
Va
  16th of Jun, 2008

TVRetails.com - Product never delivered
TVRetails.com
www.tvretails.com

My daughter ordered two articles on the internet web site on March 15th. They charged her credit card twice on April 11th for $99.99 each. The articles have never been received. At first she was able to talk to someone who said they would be sent tomorrow. Later on only a full voice mail when trying to call them. My credit card company has all the information and is investigating.

They are not a member of BBB as their site shows, in fact the BBB says they are not a good company to deal with and they could not even contact them.
Pa
  25th of Jul, 2008
oh my god i cant believe they have done this to soo many people .I bought the hot air brush and they sent me the item in 1 month when it was suppose to take 2 weeks and it was because i called . The item looked nothing like it did on the website so i sent it back. Its now been 2 months and i still havent received my $38.95 back. I have been sending e-mails back and forth and just this week they told me the money had been refunded to my bank account and its a lie i have not received anythin .They are taking peoples money and its not right. I want my money back.
Mo
  17th of Aug, 2008
yes, someone need to do something to stop those people...try to cheat is not acceptable in any country...and I noticed the Banks and other authorities...for good.
Sc
  23rd of Dec, 2008
These scammers actually stffed me for 19.95 for a christmas gift! I placed my order on 12/7 and today is 12/23 and no product has arrived. They have every excuse under the sun for not being able to provide a tracking number and at one point these scammers actually told me they had shipped via fed ex on 12/12 but their "system was updating" so they would have to call me back the next day or email the nuber to me, needless to say that never happened and in fact today 12/23 these scammers tried to roll the "that department is closed" story to me at 1pm in the afternoon. I have also had the same experience with their "online chat" and once these scammers know that they have someone trying to contact them on there they put the "leave a message" sign up on there because they are spineless scammers. I am going to contact my credit card company and get a credit for the whopping 19.95 then contact the authorities in new york regarding these scammers. Oh and by the way their website is down now, guess they need to stiff some more peeps to pay their isp to keep a connection on. Do yourself a favor and don't attempt to do business with these scammers who would obviously scam their own grandmothers for thei next trip to the local sushi bar!
La
  23rd of Dec, 2008
What a SCAM! I have done live chat, I have emailed. Today the emails started bouncing.
This site is connected to several other very similar sites so BE CAREFUL!!!
I have been promised this gift before Christmas. Order placed on the 4th, finally got email confirmation of the order on the 12th - after several calls to a full voice mail and then finally through live chat.
Today I have nothing - cant send email, cant get to website - and my daughters Christmas present isnt here...

I wish I would have seen these complaints before I ordered... I was trying to hurry and get everything ordered.

Complete scam site. I will contact the credit card company now.
La
  23rd of Dec, 2008
To add - www.asseenontv.com and shoppershalt.com is the same company
Not sure where you can legitimately order these products, but stay away from those!!!
Sh
  23rd of Dec, 2008
I bought some Bendaroos from them as I found them and they had free shipping. I figured I would be able to view the info before actually ordering (like on Amazon) but not this website.
Right away I felt unsettled about the order. No confirmation email or anything. I called and have gotten thru about 4 times on the phone and was told many things. One thing was it would come before Xmas via Fedex, system was down... There was also another order but it hasn't been processed.
Now I see the website is down. It was only for $19.95 but still. That makes your trust in websites go down a notch. I have never had a problem ordering online before.
I used our debit/credit card. Is there anything we can do? Call our bank? See if they can do something?
Bad people!! And around Xmas time too. Im very disapointed especially since i actually talked to people and they were obviously lying.
Sj
  24th of Dec, 2008
please let me know what you find out. i am doing some research myself after getting ripped off by tvretails.com.
Sh
  25th of Dec, 2008
I did receive an email asking if i want to cancel the order or have it shipped dec 26th. They said it was weather related as to why we didnt get it...so we will see.
Kr
  7th of Jan, 2009

TVRetails.com - Product not delivered
tvretails.com

I ordered Bendaroos for my grandkids for Christmas. When I inquired about the shipment because it had not arrived, I was told it could not ship due to snowstorm, but they would ship it on 12/26. When I asked for a tracking number, I was told they could not ship because they had not received payment. When I asked for a fax number to send copy of my VISA statement with the charges indicated, they said they were trying to get my refund arranged with the bank. I am still trying to get my money back. This company is a scam. Do not order anything from them. They never have answered their phone, but have corresponded by e-mail.