TVMAX Digital Cable / Poor Customer Service

1 10300 Westoffice DriveHouston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-846-3488

Previously in my apartment complex TVMAX was the only cable service provided, unless you wanted to get DISH and lock yourself into a contract. This companies service as far as install and issues.. is terrible.. either they don't show up and you have to reschedule. They also can't give you a two hour window when they will be there so you have to sit around all day waiting for them. Well I'm happy to say that ATT UVerse is now available and I've switched... and get this is the kicker.. I called to cancel TVMAX and they can't come out till a week later to disconnect service... I'll be disputing this bill. Please they have the ability to stop service to the card in the box if you don't pay. I have a feeling this company will soon be to the way side but no big loss. The fact that they are laying people off tells you something.

Comments

• Wi
      16th of Mar, 2009

I used to be on Comcast and thought their service was bad. For the last 3 months I have been on TV Max and every other week there is an issue with the cable. Usually it involves no audio, a pixelating video and finally a total signal loss. When you call for assistance, you reach a call center in Illinois (I live in Houston, Texas) and the tech people will not tell you anything. Oh and here's the best part, until at least 3 people call in with the same problem, these jack ### will not declare an outage. This afternoon the cable went out at 4:00. It is now 1:30 a.m. and for the the last 8 plus hours the cable has been on and off. It will come on for 45 minutes or so and go back out. Come on for 45 minutes and go back out for 2 hours. All evening. Multiple calls to the Illinois call center get the same scripted answer: there's an outage in your area and our technicians are working to repair it. Yeah right, technicians have been working all evening on a late Sunday afternoon. In fact, I went out and drove around my condo property and didn't see one TV Max truck at all.

These people would rather lie than tell the truth. It's there crappy equipment. I am going to satellite.

• Ck
      22nd of Mar, 2009

I’d like to take a moment telling you just how much your cable service at TV Max sucks. Yes, sucks like piglets on a sow’s teat. Since installing the new digital cable box as part of the Congressional mandate (not only has the government screwed up the economy, but now they have meddled with our cable as well. Thanks W.), my family and I can now look forward to enjoyable evening watching our favorite programs in high-quality pixilated little boxes while listening to the show’s characters stutter like hiccupping drunks.

And to think I'm paying $60 a month for such great service that utilizes a box hardly compatible with TiVo. It would seem logical to find a new provider, which I would very much like to do; however, our apartment complex can only offer (sigh) TV Max. How convenient.

Just so you know I am no idiot, deftly avoiding hot beverages at fast-food drive throughs, and making toast in the shower. Which is to say I have already run the gambit of troubleshooting steps issued by the company or from internet message boards, and my TV is a fairly new HD flat-screen, definitely compatible with the digital quality of entertainment I seem to be missing out on? Please do not respond to me with a list of, "did you try this, and did you try that, " as I a libel to do something rash in response. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

If you care at all about your customers at all, then please take my complaint seriously. I realize I am just another account number for your drones in sector 7G to shake a stick at every thirty days, and there is little else available at my disposal to exact any meaningful retribution against TV Max, save sharing my cynical views concerning your company and it's pitiful product.

You have my contact information, and know where I can be found. I will be waiting outside on the street, hoping you will take some sort of action to fix my issue. If you cannot then it really makes no sense for me to continue paying for TV I am unable to watch, and as such you are most welcome to retrieve all your equipment post haste. However, I cannot guarantee that it will not be urinated on… several times.

Thank you for your feigned concern, and any resulting form letters/emails.

- Another Happy TV Max Customer

• Le
      7th of Jun, 2009

I agree 1000% with the complaints previously posted here. I too lost my cable signal on a Sunday afternoon around 4:00 p.m. and got the same lies from the customer service people in Illinois. The problem was not fixed until Monday morning around 8:30 a.m. When I contacted Customer Service to find out why it took so long to repair the problem (after being told technicians were working on Sunday to fix it) customer service conveniently changed their story changed on Monday. According to TVMax's Monday story, technicians do not work on the weekends. Apparently they don't work the rest of the time either. Twice I scheduled service calls on a week day between the hours of 12 to 5. After waiting for 5 hours, I drove away at approximately 5:10 p.m. As I was leaving, I saw the TVMax truck driving in. When I returned to my condo, a tag had been left on my door stating that the technician had arrived at 3:34. I had to laugh. A classic case of CYA.

When I rescheduled the service call, again the technician did not show up between 12 and 5. About 8:15 p.m., my doorbell rang. Unless I know someone is coming over, I make it a policy not to open my door. The next thing I know my phone was ringing. When I answered it, the guy on the other end identified himself as the TVMax repairman. At 8:15 p.m.??? I couldn't believe they would show up this late! I told the guy I would reschedule. I never have and since I will be getting AT&T U-Verse next week, they will be disconnected anyway. It's a good thing. The cable box in my bedroom has never worked correctly and there are several channels that don't even come in. Bye, bye TVMax. What a sorry excuse for a cable tv company. And to think I almost got Internet service from these people. God, I can only imagine how bad that would have been!!

28th of Jul, 2009

Worst Customer Service EVER! I signed up one week in advance for a Monday connection date. I was given a choice of AM or PM., come to find out they arbitrarily changed it to an ALL DAY appointment. THEN, the technician CLAIMS to have been here at 4 pm. I had called that morning (extrememly rude customer service reps) to make sure they were coming (that's when I found out I had to stay here ALL DAY LONG WAITING), and so I gave them two cell numbers to call because I had noticed the night before that the call box at the gate was acting up. Well, he claims to have been here at 4, and NEVER once called one of the numbers. He stopped at the leasing office, but we had not signed a permission to enter, since we were planing to remain in the apartment waiting on him. So, about 4:15 I'm getting worried that he is not coming, and I find out he has already been here and gone, so I am put on hold 22 minutes while they see if he can come back. In the meantime, I get a second cell phone and call back to their customer service number and ask to talk to a supervisor. He claims the guy will be coming back and should be here in 30 minutes. TWO, yes, two hours later I call back. Well, I'm told I will be his last call since it is a re-trip. SO, I have been wasting my day, 10+ hours on TV Max to show up. They think our time is worth nothing. I had SO much stuff to do with moving into a new apartment, in a new town, to get done before my first day at work, and all you get on the phone are imbeciles in Illinois who cannot and will not call dispatch to check statuses for customers. My only option was to ask for the service the next day, between 8 abd 5, :) and go to the office to signe a permission to enter. It is my apartment and I would have preferred to be here for this connection, but I guess not. It just better be connected when I get home the next day, or else, this is the WORST company I have ever dealt with, and like others, this is the only cable service my apartment complex uses. I HATE COMPANIES LIKE THIS AND IT DOES NOT BODE WELL.

1st of Oct, 2009

TVMAX is the devil. I hope they go bankrupt (again - they already did when they were Optel) and their management become homeless vagabonds that subsist on a diet of urine and dog droppings. Companies like these give the cable industry a bad name. The apartment complexes that sign agreements with them are at worst servicing the devil and at best short sighted. I love my apartment. The on-site managers are great, the location is ideal, the price is fantastic and it is damn near perfect for me. I will be moving. I love my cable and need consisitent internet access for my home business. TVMAX offers a poor choice for both of these things. I also don't like paying top dollar rates for third rate products. TVMAX is a throwback to the way cable companies used to operate and the sooner they expire the better off that industry will be. Poor service, poor channel options, old inadequate technology, the list goes on and on. TVMAX SUX! DO NOT MOVE INTO AN APARTMENT THAT OFFERS TVMAX AND LET THEM KNOW THAT'S WHY YOU ARE DECLINING! One way or another we will kill the beast that is TVMAX.

• Ih
      12th of May, 2010

TVMAX is the biggest piece of [censor] I've ever had to deal with. Channels go out constantly, internet drops you very often, the equipment they install doesn't work half the time. When they show up to fix thir [censor] products, they replace it with more [censor]. I would not recomend this to anyone. Stay away unless you want to pay a outrageous amount for nothing. [censor] YOU TVMAX go to hell and I hope someone takes You to cort and puts you out of business!

• D2
      27th of Jun, 2010

I am currently with TV Max. The only reason I am with them is because, it is who my apartments offers. Previously I have always used Cox or Suddenlink; in which I thought had to be the worst that is until I got TV Max. In the beginning I thought I would really enjoy TV Max services. The Tech guys were really friendly and prompt in coming out to assist us. It was just recently that I have received the run around on getting my issue taken care of. For the past 2 weeks I have had to call them almost every day and promised everytime that i would receive a call or email regarding my issue and not once have I heard back from them. I have a Tivo and in order to order movies using my device I have to have a Tivo account password. In order to get one TV Max must contact Tivo with all of the information for my box and than give me the temp password. They cannot seem to do this for me. I have contacted Tivo myself and they told me that TV Max would have to contact them in order for them to get me what i need. I explained this to TV Max but they are sitting on their thumbs and not helping me out. Instead they tell me they can give me credits to my account, I told them I do not want a credit i want a solution to my problem. I have still not heard back from them and sure I will not. I hear alot of people talking about ATT U Verse I may consider checking into them myself.

Sincerely,