TVDVDStore.com / Terrible company

I had ordered a set of dvds from the above company and have received absolutely nothing - they sent an email saying they had dispatched the them but as you can imagine I have received nothing at all. They charged me the sum of just over £58 (british pounds) for which I would like a refund. I have contacted them several times by email but had no reply whatsoever.

Comments

• Ju
      5th of Jul, 2008
    TVDVDStore.com - Non fulfillment of order
    TVDVDStore.com
    Charlotte
    North Carolina
    www.tvdvdstore.com

BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report BBB Definition:

Report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

Name: The Media Depot

www.web-worldwide.net
    www.tvboxset.com
    www.tvshowmonster.com

Principal: Mr. Jeff Johnson, Customer Support
    Customer Contact: Mr. Jeff Johnson, Customer Support - (813) 872-0875 or support@themediadepot.tv
    Email Address: customersupport@tvmedialimited.tv
    File Open Date: September 2003
    TOB Classification: Book/Record/Tape Club, Mail Order & Catalog Shopping
    BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names

Garcia Media Group
    SXR CA
    TVDVDmedia
    Tvboxset.com
    Kozaks Discount

Customer Experience based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the BBB is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB Definition:

Pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business. Of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.
    with the BBB due to its decision to not accept or respond to complaints from the BBB.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The BBB processed a total of 195 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 195 complaints closed in 36 months, 103 were closed in the last year.

• Sc
      15th of Jul, 2008

Orderd A 10 DVD Set For Region 1 And Got DVD'S FROM REGION 1, 2 @3 Regions

ALL IN THE SAME 10 DVD SET.

BUYER BE WEAR.
    Sorry tvdvdstore .com
    You Need To Do Your Job Right Or Get Off The Internet.
    Scottyb.

• Ku
      19th of Jul, 2008

My order was never received, although I was billed. Beware people!

• Sc
      20th of Jul, 2008

Buyers beware! May have previously operated under the name TVDVDWorld.com, which was a largely fraudulent company. See posts about THEM on this web site.

29th of Jul, 2008

I agree, they suck, I had finally found a collection that I have been looking for, for a long time, and when I did receive the package it was over a month after my order, and it came from some Asian country, and when the DVD's were all scratched I asked them for a new set, and they offered a $30 refund (which is only half of what I paid) and said that sending a new set may not fix my issue and that it may be the player I am using or the way I select the episode I want to watch. And once I did get things rolling with them, they re-sent the order confirmation like 15 times, so now I have been watching my bank accounts to make sure they don't charge me again.
    DO NOT USE TV DVD STORE.COM - The discs are not even authorized they are burned copies.

• Ap
      29th of Jul, 2008

I ordered Family Matters and Friday the 13th series for my mother for Christmas. When I recieved them they were recorded from television with tornedo warnings and tomorrows previews. Also they were all repeat discs and many of them wouldn't play. For the 24 disc Family Matters it turned out to be repeated discs of Dexters Labrotory season 2. There was no address on the package nor telephone number. I would never order from online companies again. They were both 80.00 sets a piece.

6th of Aug, 2008

My mother ordered Bonanza the series from TVDVDSTORE.com. What we received was horrible!!! The package arrived crushed from China looks like. But very few of the dvds appear damaged from that. Many are not able to be seen. Some are blurry, scenes missing, 1/2 of some episodes are missing, some episodes have been copied twice, but placed under a title that doesn't belong to it, voice or sound pitch changes on some. There are commercials, the dvds keep freezing up on you and sometimes it'll skip to the next episode before the other one is finished. The work that the TVDVDSTORE.com does is inferior!!! We have yet to put in a dvd without sometype of defect jumping in the way. We have been left hanging in the middle of so many episodes. Another thing I've noticed about the dvds is that the few that work, when you put them in a second time around, the start messing up just like the rest. This is not just a few dvds that are messed up, THIS IS THE WHOLE PACKAGE!
    Another thing is... it is to hard to get your money back. They keep on acting like they are going to do something and then they do nothing. DO NOT ORDER FROM TVDVDStore.com. THEY WILL GREATLY DISAPPOINT YOU!!!

• Va
      12th of Aug, 2008
    TVDVDStore.com - Scam
    TVDVDStore.com
    tvdvdstore.com

I recently ordered two box set DVD's that were on sale with this company and the DVD's arrived in damaged containers, pirated discs, scratched discs, most of which don't even work. This company claim that they are selling good quality, region free DVD's - but don't purchase from them. They take days to reply to emails - if at all. and now i am fighting to get my money back.

Be careful who you order from! I know I will be from now on...

• Gl
      19th of Aug, 2008

I just received DVD's this week. The cases were broken and some of the DVD's were not what I ordered. I have not heard back from the company. I received these from China which the website did not say they were from another country. This is a scam

• Ki
      7th of Sep, 2008
    TVDVDStore.com - Bootleg dvd television series
    tvdvdstore.com
    New York

I wish that I known about this company before I spent 65.00 on a television series that I liked.

I ordered A Different World (spinoff from the Cosby Show) and the entire set of 19 dvds was bootlegged. It also came from some ### in China.

When I confronted them about their product, they offered me a $30 refund on my purchase and I also could keep the set. I don't understand why this company is allowed to do business with the unsuspecting public. The website looks legitimate and probably will dupe others. IT SHOULD BE REMOVED AND THEY SHOULD BE PROSECUTED FOR PIRATING DVDS.

• Fa
      13th of Sep, 2008

I recently purchased Laredo and Laramie. If I had read this first I wouldn't have. Got my fingers crossed because I want them so bad. Hope I am not screwed again.

• Gu
      14th of Sep, 2008

Hi
    I order the Dynasty the complete collection and I got clothes!!
    I took this matter up with tvdvdstore.com and sent them pictures
    and they promised me to send the right item. So now I will se if I get the Dynasty the complete collections from them now.

• Ji
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I ordered the "What I Like About You"DVD set..It took about 1 month and when it arrived it was in a broken box from China...The DVD's freeze, some are duplicates and some "cannot be read"...I have emailed AT LEAST 3 times for new ones or a refund..Of course, NO RESPONSE!!! DO Not order from them...

• Fa
      22nd of Sep, 2008

According to my recent message, I reviewed the entire collection of The District and of the sixteen dvd's, only two (2) were without a malfunction. You said you'd replace any defective dvd's if I would let you know.
    I'm expecting to get new dvd's very soon. I will trash the others.

• Pa
      24th of Sep, 2008

Ordered Brooklyn Bridge and Rhoda. Package arrived crushed. Plastic in box was broke. Only one DVD was in package. Rhoda was missing. The DVD I received was blurry and keeps freezing.I have written to them three times telling them Rhoda was missing. No response.I told them what I thought of them. I would NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR do business with them again. They just keep ignoring me. But I will never give up. The two DVD's cost $160. DONT DEAL WITH THEM!!!

• Pa
      25th of Sep, 2008
    TVDVDStore.com - dvd
    New York

ordered two dvds. only one arrived. poor quality.
    i have emailed them daily.
    no response. at this point i dont even want the other
    dvd. just a refund. no phone anywhere to call

• Tr
      1st of Oct, 2008

I ordered The complete series of The Bionic Woman. The boxes, which came from China, were broken, the dvd's appeared scratched. When I tried to watch them they skipped, froze up or didn't play at all. When I contacted them about the dvd's they kept trying to say it was my player or that I had to eject the disc after each episode in order to watch the next one..the problem was I couldn't even get thru one episode. I have been emailing them for 2 weeks with no response. BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Ji
      25th of Nov, 2008

i have read for three hours about the complants from this company. they are a real ripp off company from what i see. beware they will get you big time

• Yo
      18th of Dec, 2008
    TVDVDStore.com - Very poor quality and very poor service
    tvdstore.com
    Canada

I ordered two sets of DVDs from this company for complete tv series that have not been released by the companies that produced the original series. Before ordering, I sent inquiries to the website and was assured that the disks would be of excellent quality. I therefore sent an order which cost over $ 200.00 for the two series and had to, naturally pay up front. First it took over one month for the dvds to be received. Then as I was playing them, I ran into problems with almost every disk. One of the series had no index and episodes just ran into each other on each disk so that it was not possible to tell which episode was which. Also, almost every disk would stop part-way through and I was unable to play the remainder of the disk. Also, while I was told that these would be professionally made DVDs, it turned out that they were just episodes taped off the tv. The quality of those episodes which I could watch was very poor.

I complained many many many times by e-mail. Most of my e-mails went unanswered. When they did finally answer, they asked for the exact disks which had the problems and then promised to replace them. Ultimately, I received some new disks for one of the series. However, they sent many that I had not requested and one which I had requested was never replaced. No replacements were ever received for the other series.

I have been sending e-mails about twice per month for four months but mostly, I have been ignored. I have certainly not received what I promised or what I paid for. I have also requested my money back but that, too, has been ignored.

• He
      19th of Feb, 2009

planetdvdstore.com, tvdvdmania.com, tvshowmonster.com, are all rip off sites. they will steal your money, id or anything to take you for a ride you'll never live down. NEVER, I MEAN NEVER DARE DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS!!! WRITE EXCITE AND GOOGLE TO HAVE THESE SITE SHUT DOWN!!!
    hope this helps the honest keep thier hard earned money.