TVDVDMania.com / PIRATE VIDEO PASSING OFF AS NEW

1 None offeredNone offered, Canada Review updated:

Please be aware that the TVDVDMANIA.COM and WWW.TVSHOWMONSTER.COM are total scams. They claim that they offer the cheapest dvds stating that they are new etc., etc. only when you receive your order, they are copies from whatever tv network had broadcasted them. They offer a return service if the product is "unsatisfactory" but when you send an email asking for a return address, they refuse to anwer any of your emails.

After searching the internet, I have discovered that this company is based in Canada but they distribute the dvds from China.

More TVDVDMania.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Bb
      16th of Dec, 2008

I totally agree. I ordered from them on Dec 5th and haven't even gotten an E-mail back from them yet. They were not hesitant about deducting the money from my account though. Does anyone know how to get my money back from TVShowmonster or has anyone made it that far yet?
    Just curious...If anyone knows, please forward the info!
    Thanks,
    Mike

• Pi
      23rd of Dec, 2008

Fvcking TVDVD Mania Fvck Them ...My son loves Malcolm in the Middle and I felt it would make a great holiday gift for him.

They charged my CC and have not heard a peep since...Ive learned my lesson Its Amazon.com for Online shopping

Like Tom said...if anyone has any info on recourse please post.

• Da
      23rd of Dec, 2008
    TVDVDMania.com - Ripped off for $133.00
    Rhode Island

I purchased 2 dvd sets from tvdvdmania.com. To start off with I only recieved one set and never the other one. The one set that I did get was of the very poorest quality. some disc didn't even play and the ones that did skipped and the picture was so blurry you couldn't even watch it. There is no return address so i can't send then back even thought the website says you can send then back for a refund. I can't even log into the website. but before I reveived my set I could and get status information. this website and company is a scam so watch out do not buy anything.

• Ni
      26th of Dec, 2008

I also ordered dvds from tvdvdmania and they are defective. I have disputed the charge on my credit card and have emailed them and called the number on the credit card order number - they were not in today - 12/26/08 - but left messaage stating that they were defective and that I had disputed the charge on my credit card. Am seriously thinking of checking Better Business Bureau and reporting them there also.

• Ko
      26th of Dec, 2008
    TVDVDMania.com - DVDs' that do not work
    TVDVDMANIA.COM
    Virginia

TVDVDMANIA.com advertised Hart to Hart, all episodes from all the seasons, for $69.99, plus shipping. The price sounded great for 5 seasons and "movies" that followed the end of the last season. I paid almost $80.00 for all the discs.
    I received the discs, and NONE OF THEM WILL WORK PROPERLY! I am so disappointed. They will play about 5 minutes, and freeze up. I have tried every disc, of which there are many, and NONE of them will play for very long.
    Also you can not go from one episode to another, its absolutely ridiculous. Not one disc will work out of 5 seasons of discs.

I have tried to email TVDVDMANIA three times, and guess what, I get no reply.
    I hope I save somone else the disappointment of this happening to you. In this day and time $80.00 is a lot of money to
    be so disappointed in a purchase. Many of these DVDs' have "Hallmark Channel" in the corner, where this company has recorded them from Hallmark, and sold them.

BEWARE! Don't fall for their scam!

• Wh
      27th of Dec, 2008

These guys move around a lot...they used to be tvdvdworld.com and everyone here is RIGHT! TOTAL SCAMMERS from the word GO! DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM! They will rip you off and don't rely on your credit card company to help you out...AT&T used to be a good credit card company until CITIBANK took them over...they worked hand in hand with these jerks...I ordered The Three Stooges Collection, some worked and some didn't...There were even Malcolm in the Middle disks mixed in! The Invaders series was no better; about 20 episodes were missing and there were miscellaneous other disks mixed in; it was recorded of off the SciFi channel to boot! When I finally got Customer Service (who could barely speak the King's English), I was promised a refund of $112.00 out of $136.00...I wound up getting a credit on my AT&T card for $50.00 which they accepted as "settlement" for the dispute without even asking me if that was ok! I dumped AT&T too...Nina, don't waste you time. I can tell you from experience that the only one's that will help you is PayPal in a dispute and they're simply terrific...If I don't have a track record with someone, I use PayPal...

• Wa
      29th of Dec, 2008

Ordered Malcolm for kids in Nov. Stil nothing and no replies to calls or emails. Thier phone # is 7782828099 out of british colubia. I am calling their paid advertising to see if they'll pull it to stop them from ripping people off atleast untill they change names again. Both of the dvdmediastar, tvdvdmania, and dvdmonster appear to be linked or the same company. keep compiling info. to get these guys.

31st of Dec, 2008
    TVDVDMania.com - False Advertising, bad merchandise
    TVDVDMania
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania

My daughter loves Everwood, but I only find season one in the stores. I found TVDVD Mania website advertised brand new all 4 seasons of Everwood. Ordered them in November 2008 didn't received them until Christmas Eve 2008. The quality is horrible. Some espoides the sound is before the lips move. Some espoides the sound it is like it's they're talking under water. All the espoides the picture is blurry and the station logo appears on some. They charge me $70.00 I'm reporting this company to the BBB they're a rip off!

• Co
      1st of Jan, 2009

I've got a partial address from China

HC
    Xin Da Li Xing Gong Si
    Beijing, China

Cola Kid

18th of Jan, 2009
    TVDVDMania.com - refund
    Washington

ordered Cheyenne dvd collection on Jan. 1, 2009. I have emailed seller several times about this order. I received dvds, they came from China! They are very poor quality. I have attempted to contact tvdvdmania.com;they have no address where you can ship dvds back; no telephone number, no way to contact them except to e-mail them on their web site. So far I have not received a response to my emails. They say satisfaction guarenteed; they say you can get refund if you are not satisfied. However, they do not respond to emails. I have already contacted my credit card co. to dispute charges. I have also cancelled my card;j better to be safe than sorry. I will continue to pursue this matter until I hopefully get the refund.

• Jj
      20th of Jan, 2009

Try this phone number 778-282-8099. It's answered by a recording and probably won't do you any good.

20th of Jan, 2009
    TVDVDMania.com - no refund
    Washington
    TVDVDMania.com

This is second posting. I have continued to try to get address to mail back defective Cheyenne collection to co. They do not have working phone number and no address to mail defective merchandise. I have emailed them several times a day since Jan, 17, 2009 with no response from them. I have contacted my credit card co. to dispute charges.I have also contacted visa@visa.com to file complaint, Federal Trade Commission, Postal Inspector, falsified info. package says it is a "gift" from China, Internet Crime Complaint Center to name a few. I urge everyone to do the same. M.Torget

• Ss
    TVDVDMania.com - Only 2 of the DVD's i ordered worked
    Japan
    tvdvdmania.com

I ordered the show Boston Public for a Christmas gift Dec. 23 2008 i recieved my dvd's January 15 2009 the first dvd and the last dvd worked the rest of them had commercials, they skiped, and some did not work at all. I e-mailed the company 5 times and i want to send them back before my 30 days is up. I do not have an address or phone number to contact them. I am very upset and angry I want my money back it was with shipping $77 dollars.

Shannon

• Go
      21st of Jan, 2009

I received a return address when I contacted TVDVDMANIA.com at the following phone number;
    TVSHOWMONSTER 1-778-282-8099

Hao, Guangzhou,
    China 510400

• Do
      21st of Jan, 2009

Third posting. Today I learned of a new agency in Canada to file a complaint about TVDVDMania. It is www.phonebusters.com They turn complaints over to law enforcement agencies. I have emailed TVDVDMania every day since receiving defective box set collection, Cheyenne requesting an address to return defective merchandise. They do not respond to my emails. I hope other will take the time to file complaints, so something can be done about this website. I have copies of all emails which will be sent to my credit card co. M.torget

28th of Jan, 2009
    TVDVDMania.com - ILLEGACOPIES MISREPRESENTED AS NEW
    China
    tvdvdmania.com

WARNING!! WARNING !! WARNING!! PIRATED DVD'S- NO SUPPORT- NO RETURN-DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY
    REPEAT!! DO NOT GIVE CREDIT CARD INFO-REPEAT WARNING!!

Do you get it now? Never, ever trade with these pirates. The DVD's are cheap knockoffs that are shipped from China. DO NOT BE FOOLED by a fancy website, they have nothing you want and will not respond to any effort you make to contact them. Except of course charging your credit card. I made the same mistake!!
    DO NOT WASTE ANY TIME OR EVEN ONE MICROSECOND OF A THOUGHT ON THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY. STAY AWAY! POISON!! VERBOTEN!! DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE CHEAP PRICES
    THE GOODS SHIPPED TO YOU WILL BE UNPLAYABLE ON YOUR COMPUTER OR DVD PLAYER. FRAGMENTATION IS RAMPANT. THIS IS THE ONLY RECOURSE I HAVE AS A DUPED CONSUMER, TO ALERT YOU, MY FRIEND, OF THE DANGERS WITH THIS COMPANY. Do you hear me now?

Is that a clear enough message?

28th of Jan, 2009

Second posting: I called the 778 282 8099 number(thanks to a fellow complainer!) and actually spoke to a young lady who said she was merely the credit card billing company for TVDVDMania.com. She asked for my order number and after I gave her my last name she told me what I ordred and etc. So we are at least in someone's database! She said all I had to do was email dvdsupport1@gmail.com
    with my request for a refund and I would hear back in 24 hours.

We shall see...I hope everyone posts a complaint against these pirates.

• Be
      30th of Jan, 2009

I did the same thing since I received a collection that was nothing original. I was so disappointed and at this point beyond pissed that those crooks have not responded to all my emails and their phone number is unreachable. Filing complaints and contacting my credit card company, will they give me my money back? Please email me back at ajsbabemclean@yahoo.com

• Be
      30th of Jan, 2009
    TVDVDMania.com - FRAUD ON ALL LEVELS
    TVDVDMANIA.COM
    California
    tvdvdmania.com

On January 3rd, 2009 I purchased the Little House On A Prairie collection and received it almost 15 days later. When I opened the box, the collection was nothing close to an original. It was kept in a VHS tape box, the dvd's were numbered in pen writing and the quality of it were older than what your grandma would remember. The whole thing from the beginning were bootleg copies, like ones I can make myself. I contacted them immediately. I messaged the site twice, emailed three times, called 2 different numbers several times and I do not get one clue of answers and getting my money back. I'll follow what the other person did and call my credit card company and contact all that's affiliated with that fraudulent business.

31st of Jan, 2009

3rd posting: No response from TVDVDMania.com. In further research I see there may be additional credit card fraud so I am contacting my bank and CC issuer to cancel my card and see if reverse charges can be made. There
    are so many complaints against these crooks in all their various website incarnations that law enforcement must eventually respond. Strength in numbers my friend, by banding together and making everyone aware on as many "complaint" sites as we can, some poor sap like me can be spared the shock of realizing we've justt been scammed! Do it now!