TVDVDMANIA, TVSHOWMONSTER / Pirated DVD's passed off as Boxed set of THIRD WATCH

1 MN, United States Review updated:

I ordered a boxed set of the TV show THIRD WATCH, they claimed to sell the entire 6 seasons in one set for 58.44. That's what they took from my bank account. When I received the DVD's they came from CHINA and were copied DVD's from NBC and A&E channels. Most of the discs are damaged and skip. We can only watch a few of the episodes. I sent them an email and even called a phone number that showed up on my bank account but it is a voice mail. Be aware of buying. I learned my lesson. I will not buy again from shady companies.

Lo

Comments

• Ni
      7th of Jan, 2009

Tvdvdmania.com/showmonster

Is there anyone out there willing to sign petition to bring this guy down. I also ordered the 3rd watch complete box set and I receive Father dowling box set that was burned and also in black and white, it was shipped from china.The movies were from 1987 which was before my time. I contacted him and he had the nastiest attitude that I have ever experienced!! I called the better business bureu and without a address there is nothing they can do. If anyone is willing to help me locate this guy please contact me. I have learned my lesson and I'm going to try everything I can to shut him down!!!

• Ev
      9th of Jan, 2009

Thank's so much for your feedback to this complaint board, I too was getting ready to order the Third Watch series, and decided I would check out this company a little further and found these complaints. You have saved me money, time and aggrevation. I plan to contact Amazon.com to let them know since they were the ones advertising this particular website.

• Pe
      9th of Jan, 2009

I'd like to find these idots and ### slap em. We ordered a video collection that never came, even though they took our money. Does anyone know where these ### are located?

• Dr
      14th of Jan, 2009

I would also like to find these idiots - I ordered a boxed set for my mother-in-law for Christmas - placed the order on 12/12/08 and as of today - still have not received it. Of course, the money was taken from my credit card - which I now have to dispute...what a pain in the butt. Someone needs to stop these people...

22nd of Jan, 2009

NEVER...EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I told my daughter I wanted the Barney Miller DVD set for Christmas. She tried to order it with her Visa debit card. She subsequently got an e-mail saying her card was declined (the funds were DEFINITELY there!), and that her order was being canceled. She tried again, and got the same e-mail a second time, so she asked me to order them, and she'd reimburse me, which I did. I got an e-mail that my order was being processed. This was approximately Dec. 17. I received the DVD's several weeks later, from CHINA! No return address, other than a city in China, no paperwork in the box. Very obviously bootlegged copies, poorly packaged, very bad copies, and kept stopping and skipping. A few days later, my daughter discovered they had CHARGED HER ACCOUNT for TWO sets, and she disputed this charge with her bank, who is going through VISA. Meanwhile, she was sent TWO sets, both from China (after being e-mailed that both orders were canceled!), and never received an e-mail, as I did, stating they were being shipped. T phone number which came up on her cell phone after they left her a voice message was 250-275-5030 (she doeesn't pick up calls if she doesn't recognize the phone number)...I checked the area code, and it is in British Columbia, CANADA. I called the number and got a completely automated voice mailbox, and left a message, but I have a strong feeling I won't get a call back. I have sent several messages from their website, as well as replying to the e-mail address that was on the e-mail they sent me, and to date, I have had no response whatsoever. I have disputed the charge with my credit card company. There isn't even an address to return them to...NOTHING! I am filing a complaint with my state Attorney General's Office, Bureau of Consumer Protection.

23rd of Jan, 2009

I to ordered from TVDVDMANIA, I sent for the "Leave it to Beaver" series, it took about a month for it to arrive, and like you I found that it came from China and it was copied from TV LAND.
    I do think that this site should be reported, but you do you report this too?

But I do have to admit, the quality was not too bad.