TVDVDMania / BAD DVDS

This company is a ripoff, they sold me the Mama's Family series and the quality is terrible. I have tried repeatedly to get them to send me the address to send this back and get my money back. SOMEONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

More TVDVDMania Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Kr
  22nd of Dec, 2008
TVDVDMania - Misrepresentation
TVDVDmania

My complaint is simple: misrepresentation. I received homemade dubbed DVDs from this company that were poor quality. Not at all what they sold me on their website. Would love a refund and to return this crappy mdse however the return address is in Chinese and there is no 800 number with which to contact them. Not holding my breath for my $70 back, but more praying they don't steal my identity through this whole process. Thank you for ruining my Christmas!

So
  23rd of Dec, 2008

Ordered dvd boxset, money taken from my account, product never arrived

Kr
  29th of Dec, 2008

I ordered a DVD series from this company, but did not receive what I ordered. I have emailed the company 4 times and have not received a response. This is obviously a foreign company that has misrepresented itself on its website. I guess I am out my money and stuck with a DVD series I will never watch (as I cannot return it due to no return address and the item was shipped from China). DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

Eb
  29th of Dec, 2008

I agree this is a piss poor company -- purchased a series of BECKER DVD's and they were poor copies from WGN TV, half of which will not play and the others are from a TV with rabbit ears as the pictures fade in and out.

Sad thing is AMAZON.COM listed them as an additional link but said they have no control over them and do not have a listing for them or a return address.

Our invoice is in Chinese and thus we can't read the return address if there even is one. They have not responded to our emails as of yet.

Not happy with TVDVDMania or AMAZON.

Bu
  30th of Dec, 2008
TVDVDMania/DVD's - fraud
South Carolina

They claim that they offer new DVDs, only when you receive your order, they are copies from whatever tv network had broadcasted them. They offer a return service if the product is "unsatisfactory" but when you send an email asking for a return address, they refuse to anwer any of your emails

Sj
  30th of Dec, 2008
TVDVDMania - defective product
TVDVDmania
Colorado

The DVDs that they sent are completely defective and will not play for more then 5 minutes and then each disc freezes and will not play. I though it was perhaps my player but we have tried them in three other units one was a new unit and the results were the same...the company will not return any email.

4th of Jan, 2009

I feel like an idiot for ordering a DVD set without checking first. NONE of my DVDs will load and they (tvdvdmania) won't answer. Cheep copies that must have been put together by a child. There are hundreds of complaints online. The credit card companies HAVE TO STOP DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM. I am calling Visa tomorrow. Thanks, Tony

4th of Jan, 2009

Forgot the most important part of my dealings with TVDVDMANIA. I was smart enough to check my Visa account online after I ordered. After they took out the agreed amount, someone did a "test withdrawal" from my account of 56 cents. The next withdrawal would obviously been for a LOT MORE. I immediately called Visa stopped the account.

Ja
  17th of Jan, 2009
TVDVDMania - poor quality
New York

ordered Boy Meets World Complete DVD set. Did not come within 14 business day as promised, more like 30 day. DVDS are extremely of poor audio and visual quality...constant freezing, fragmented, and stopping altogether.
I thought I was ordering from somewhere in the USA, but it came from China.

Mi
  21st of Jan, 2009

Here's the number my credit card told me for TVDVDMania.

1-778-282-8099
1-647-722-9393.

Mi
  21st of Jan, 2009

Did a reverse look-up of the numbers for TVDVDMania. They're located in Canada. The first number is in Greater Vancouver (1-778-282-8099), the other in Toronto (1-647-722-9393).

Good-luck in trying to recoup.

31st of Jan, 2009

I too ordered a series from this website. I never received it and it has been two months. While doing a search for the series I am looking for, I found another website called DVDMediaStar. It looks just like the TVDVDMania website, just a different name. I would recommend that people stay away from both sites.

Ma
  10th of Feb, 2009

Yes we got ripped off also .No replys to mail from any source .That is 70.00 gone .We are going to our credit card co.next ALL BUYERS BEWARE TVDVDMANIA IS A SCAM YUO GET JUNK FROM THEM!!!

Ma
  10th of Feb, 2009

TVDVDMANIA is a ripoff don't buy from them we got junk dvds that we can't watch!!!

Ka
  13th of Feb, 2009
TVDVDMania - dvd series: &The Paper Chase&
tvdvdmania

We bought the tv series "The Paper Chase". The discs were of extremely poor quality. Some were so defective that they couldn't be viewed or heard, and many were out of sequence. We did get a prompt response when we complained and were offered a partial refund or the entire series refunded if it were returned.

They are advertising a "new" "Paper Chase" and describing it as having "excellent audio and visual quality" and being "100% chronological". When we inquired as to whether we could exchange our defective set for the new one, we were told it was the same one!! As soon as we requested the offered refund, all communication ceased and they haven't replied to continued emails. I feel sorry for the people who order the "new" series and I just wish I'd known about this complaint website before!

19th of Feb, 2009
TVDVDMania - Not Receiving DVDs and Poor Quality
Cobourg, Ontario
Ontario
Canada
TVDVDMania.com

I have read other complaints about this company. Everyone do not buy from this company. They are Fraud. I received Mr. Belvedere from them and the picture quality was crappy. I also ordered Lassie and Laramie TV Shows and I never received the. I also have several E-Mails to them but they do not return them. They are commiting a fraud. The got over $200 Canadian from me and I Have no DVDs except for the one I received. They record off a tv station and charge wat too much money for crappy quality. They should be investigated and charged with something. They are ripping of the consumer in Canada and the U.S. and other Countrys. I received the one set from China. Stay away from this website or you will be greatly dissappointed like me and a lot of other people.

Terry Pippy

19th of Feb, 2009
TVDVDMania - bad product

Don't buy anything from this company. Everything you read here is true. I order the Carol Burnett show dvds and they said they would ship in 9 days...after 2 weeks I emailed them saying I didn't receive them and the next day I got an email saying they were shipped and I would get them in 12 to 16 days...I then looked here and saw all the complaints. I called my credit card and put in a dispute and 2 days later they were here shipped express mail with no readable return address. I had to sign for them so they have proof I got them. They are copies and don't work...no where to return them to. I'm hoping my credit card will take care of this. DON'T buy from them, its a headache !
Sue Wisconsin

Or
  25th of Feb, 2009
TVDVDMania - Bad service
tvdvdmania.com

Don't do business with TVDVDMania. This company is a fraud, they charged my credit card $58.44 ($49.95 plus shipping & handling) but never delivered the Boy Meets World DVD we were hoping to recieve before Christmas.

They sent an e-mail falsely stating my credit card was declined (even though there were sufficient funds), they debited my account and never responded to my e-mails asking where the product was.

Now I have to contest the charge with my bank and report the company to my state's Office of the Attorney General to request an investigation of the principals of the company.

Da
  6th of Mar, 2009
TVDVDMania - Product
tvdvdmania.com

My wife ordered me the complete set of "Then Came Bronson" dvds from this site. Shipping took forever. When it finally arrived, it was obvious what took so long. It came from China. Then, the products (9 DVDs), were each in a flimsy little sleeve, in one large box about the size of a VHS case. The DVDs were of poor quality with many viewing issues even though they appeared to not be scratched. The 9th DVD is completely worthless.

Oh, here's the fun part. They're recorded off television. These were recorded off TNT and their logo sometimes will appear on screen. Along with the after-segment commercials advertising what else is coming on, such as Doctari (old tv series based off the John Wayne movie Hatari, except with a Veteranarian, his daughter, and Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion).

I will not only NEVER buy from this company again, it's not even worth trying to contact them about it as they'll just replace it with the same item. I do get a little bit of pleasure out of the few DVDs that don't act up.

10th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a set of DVD's from TV DVD MANIA. The quality is very poor. The dvd's I ordered are boot leg and not as they were pictured at all. The dvd's all have hand written numbers on them. Not the professional box set that I ordered!!! The dvd's came from China. I had no clue thats where they would come from. I want a refund and there is no contact phone number for this company. There is only a website to send an e-mail complaint. No one has ever ansewred me even though the site says all e-mails are answered in 24-48 hours. I can not return the package to where it came form because there is no valid China address from where it came from. Am I just stuck with a bad purchase?

Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Sue Marcoux