TVDVD Store / Scam and cheating

All DVDs are pirated copies straight from the television. They are very poor quality, both visual and audio. Products are sent from China with no return address. When I have e-mailed the store they will not give an address to return the products to for a refund. It has been a very costly episode. Do not order from this site.

Comments

• Br
      25th of Jul, 2008
    TVDVD Store - Never received Merchandise
    TVDVD STORE
    Toronto
    Ontario
    Canada

On June 24th I ordered a boxed set of Mama's Family. When I didn't receive it I contacted them. They said it was delivered. I contacted our local Post Master who found that the package was delivered to an address in Chcago, Illinois. I live in northeastern Wisconsin, and then returned to CHINA!
    I contacted the company and had an email from someone named Mike who asked for a copy of the postal tracking form. I asked for a fax number and never heard from them again. They were mighty quick to bill my credit card for $83.05 and claim that they shipped it again, but the tracking number they gave me is for the original shipment that was sent to Chicago.

• Da
      17th of Sep, 2008

The TVDVD store has a Nevada phone # which I would publish but you get no satisfaction from Customer Sevice manager Mike, who is also the owner. After several unanswered calls, I finally got this scammer on the phone. He hemmed and hawwed about shipping dates and said that my order had shipped and I should get my order either t5his week or early next week. When I told him that I would refuse shipping and return the items, he said, "Make sure that you insure them" My bank told me to return them to the post office and return them Certified mail and inform them[the bank]
    of the certification # and they would credit my account> The TVDVD Store is a great website to stay away from.

• Mi
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I just received what looks like pirated copies of "The love Boat collection". There are 19 dvds that look like they were straight off the television. They even had split screen advertising at the end during the credits. I called the phone number to the company I got from my credit card company when I disputed the charge. 702-949-9887. I explained the poor quality and told him that they were pirated DVD and he got beligerant with me. I told him I was disputing the charge and he started calling me unprofessional and tried to tell me to just write an email to his complaint department instead. I was not given an address to return these DVDs either. If you buy knowing this, you'd might as well throw your money out the window.

25th of Sep, 2008

I made the mistake of ordering the Love Boat series and they are so poor quality, that there not worth watching. I have sent them many email asking for a address to return them for a refund and they never answer. Anybody who purchases anything from them is very foolish . There a big rip off!!!

25th of Sep, 2008

they ripped me off !! and will not respond to my emails. Please do purchase anything from TVDVD ! You will get ripped off big time!!!

25th of Sep, 2008

I ordered The Practice and got 22 DVD's but only 5 will play. They are poor quality and not originals. Ended up loosing $100 .

29th of Sep, 2008

I feel people need to file a class action suit against TVDVD store. It is not right that they have been ripping off
    good people, and they will not even respond to any email inquires.

29th of Sep, 2008

I have been trying for a week to get a responce to my emails so I can get a return address, but I get no responce.
    There a very poor excause for a business and I guess I am just out of luck trying to get a refund as there web page says they honor . A lesion learned. Who ever reads this Please don't make the mistake I did and purchase anything from TVDVD store.

30th of Sep, 2008

I just called this jerk today and he had a bogus answer for everything I said. Such as why did you put "bracelet" as contents for customs. He said it was a mistake. He said that the dvds are not illegal even though they clearly are illegally copied dvds. Please contact me if you have any info or would like to do a class action law suit or whatever we can.

5th of Oct, 2008

everybody who feels they have been had by TVDVD, Call Mike owner of TVDVD 707 949 9887
    They will not answer emails

9th of Oct, 2008

I have an address had the same problem - order $582.00 worth of DVDs as Christmas Gifts. They refunded all but $100.00. I am starting legal proceedings and like yourselves, let everyone know. Here's the address:

Here are the detailed return instructions:

=========================
    Please return the entire DVD Collection to the following address:

Name : Lin SX
    Address (street) : Guangzhou shi san yuan li 57 hao Postal Code : 510400
    City: Guangzhou
    Country : China
    Please use USPS (Local Post Office) for returns
    Any returns shipped via UPS or FEDEX will NOT be accepted.

IMPORTANT: When returning a product from the U.S.A. or International location, write the following statement on the
    box:

Goods Returning to Original Shipper
    Defective Item, No Commercial Value
    Value for Customs $1 USD

Good luck to all,

Tari

9th of Oct, 2008

He also told me about some Berne's Act that protects what they do. I asked why then on all american dvd's do they begin with a message about copyright? He kept referring to the Berne's Act. I'd be happy to join any class action suit, I don't know how to begin, but I am submitting a complaint to the attorney general.

15th of Oct, 2008

Hey Everyone, I bombarded him with e-mails (lots in one day) and I have now received all of my money back. Good luck to all.

• Re
      16th of Oct, 2008

I ordered Perfect Strangers for a birthday present and was completely ripped off. The dvds are horrible and skip and I believe the episodes are even out of order. Its illegal to do this I emailed the company and was told they would replace the dvds but ever since I have demanded a refund I have not heard back. I don't know what to do... would it be better to file a dispute saying I didn't authorized the transactions, get a lawyer involved or harrass this guy MIKE until he give in? There has to be a place we can all go to that can shut their website down and get us our money back...

Any advice suggestions? I'd like to know if people are actually successful in getting refunds or not.

• Na
      12th of Dec, 2008
    TVDVD Store - burned copied disks
    TVDVDSTORE.NET

I ordered the complete series of the Twilightzone from this company for $91.94 and after i odered it i checked into the business to find out they were a scam to i sent them an email saying i wanted to cancel the order and "MIKE" sent an email saying that it was allready shipped. So i sent "MIKE" an email saying a would like an address so i could sent it back as soon as i got it. He says yes not a problem, you can return the item upon receipt. please contact me then. I emailed him saying that i would like a tracking number, never got a response. Two weeks later i received the dvds in a box from china or some fricken place there was no return address on the package. I opened it up and there was copied disks with homemade labels stuck to the tops of the dvds. I eneded up closing my account in fear of unauthrized charges. So do not order anything from these crooks.

• Me
      19th of Feb, 2009

Like all of you here, I too have been cheated. I ordered the Carol Burnett show dvd's for Christmas presents and when they arrived, they were taped from the television from TV Land. I feel so stupid. After many emails, I received the above address in order to return the dvd's. I sent them off to China and have not heard a word. The package was sent Jan. 17 and arrived in China January 29. No word since. I am now going to call my Visa card company for advice. I am waiting to hear something but not holding my breath. All I want is my money back. I spent $25.oo to send the package back to China.

• Bl
      20th of Feb, 2009

I got scammed as well. I ordered the entire series for Malcolm in the Middle. Horrible quality, not even the whole series was included. I was able to get a hold of someone from the phone number on my bank statement (778-282-8099) but was then told to mail my DVDs to the same address previously listed in China and that I would receive a refund once the DVDs were received. I don't trust that I will get my refund, so I'm disputing the charge. This is ridiculous. How is this company still in business??? I do believe a class action complaint should be filed immediately.

• Wh
      2nd of Mar, 2009

People should look for complaints on the net about any given company BEFOR they buy anything !!
    I just got scamed too. How ever the address I was able to pry out of a "customer service" call led me right here. But the odd thing is, they are also going by "TVMONSTER", SO BE WARE!!

• Wh
      2nd of Mar, 2009

They have a new one "tvshowmonster.com " they list no return address to return for refund . The so called collectors DVD are knock offs directly from TV complete with half deleted commercials. The packaging is poor and these will not play on dvd players or pc players. I have learned a very expensive lesson. Dont buy from them, they come from China, and postal dept. cannot trace them.

14th of Mar, 2009

From Australia, I ordered and received Seasons 1-10 JAG box set from TVDVD thinking I was ordering from USA in Sept 08. In fact the discs came from China. They appear nothing like what is on the website. They are copied from TV in US. Sound and picture poor. Some DVDs won't play and I have Mission Impossible instead of JAG so far for 2 discs. TVDVD also tried billing again. I informed the bank and sent an email to company lodging all my complaints. All I got was a response that I would not be billed again. I'm surprised this site still exists. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE.
    Maria