TVAddicts.tv, UltimateDVDShop, TVBox, DVD Avenue / Don't get burned using these websites

There are several internet websites which I believe are scamming the public. Those sites are known as TVaddicts.tv, ultimatedvdshop, tvbox, dvd avenue, to name a few. All these are affiliated and called "sister" sites.

I was going to order a dvd set and found large price discrepancies among all these sites for the same item! I tried to call the phone number posted on each of these sites (which by the way is the same number for all of them), and was met with an answering machine no one every picked up, or I was cut off, or I left messages and have sent emails receiving no response at all.

Why would I ever trust these sites enough to order anything from them when they don't even have someone answering their phones? And on top of that their live "customer service" chat person can't even help. I suspect they are in another country since their written English skills seem to be lacking. I don't want some unsuspecting consumer to get burned using these websites.

A  15th of Sep, 2007 by
I am in agreement with the comments made above, however, I actually made the mistake of ordering something through DVDAvenue.tv. I did receive my order, after 5 weeks, however, the quality of the disks is dodgy, and some of them don't even work. I have emailed to complain, I have called to complain, and now after 7 weeks of having received my order, I still have not received the disks that did not work originally.
I strongly encourage people to use recommended websites only if they are going to place orders online, especially with the cost of the DVDs on these pages.
A  22nd of Sep, 2007 by
I also agree with the above comments. I placed an order 6 weeks ago and have not received it yet. I also emailed them twice about my order and still no response. I wish I had seen the comments before I ordered I would never had placed an order. I only hope they don't use my credit card info for fraudulent use.
A  9th of Oct, 2007 by
I agree 100%. I check out there website and started to order "The Fugitive" Disks set. I sent them a e-mail but got no response. I called and got no answer. I thought something might be fishy. I started searching for information on DVD Avenue and found this and several other websites. I 'm glad I did not order anything from them. I feel sorry for the people who did. I like the old TV show very much. But I don't like to get ripped off. I'll wait for the official studio releases of "The Fugitive". It may take a while but I know I will be able to get my money or a credit back from Amazon.com .
A  17th of Nov, 2007 by
Well, I made the mistake of ordering a hard to find series from this company. The price was a little high and on top on that, they charged $20.00 shipping. I thought that was a little high but I could live with it. I never received a confirmation of receipt of my order. I emailed them twice and after about 30 days I noticed a charge on my credit card for almost $30.00 more than the price should have been. I tried to call the company and after hearing their automated service, I was transferred to a line that was never answered. I contacted my credit card company and issued a dispute. After investigating the complaint, my CC Company issued me a refund. BEWARE THIS COMPANY. A scam all the way.