Tvaddicts.com / DVDdonkey.com / No delivery, no response to email!

United States Review updated:
4.7

I ordered dvd set from dvddonkey.com with receipt printed for $157.48. My account was charged $164.62 (They added 128.69 + 28.79 and somehow got 164.62) and I sent email asking why my account was charged this amount. I received a response from TVADDICTS.com (with my order number on the email) stating that my credit card company added the charge,which they didn't ( it was my bank account). It has been 7 weeks now with no delivery, no tracking number and no response to emails or phone calls. The dvddonkey site now has a piece of paper over the contact page so that I cannot contact them but since dvdaddicts had answered my email, I went to their site and sent emails with no response to the over 300 requests to cancel the order and return funds to my account. The phone line answers with "There is no one available to answer your call..you may leave a message... I left a message but no response occurred.

But there is good news for those of you which I see have dealt with these people. I went to the bank and filed a complaint for non delivery of product and failure to return money, plus in my case they were not authorized to charge a higher amount. I filed this 2 days ago and my bank has replaced the funds to my account and are now after the company to reimburse them. There are also government sites for reporting scams, which I am also going to pursue. Just don't sit back and let them win. I hope this helps someone.

Comments

De
  30th of Nov, 2007
I have also been scammed by this company. Do you have any more info about this government sites that deal with scam artists? Email address... phone number... mailing address, etc.
Mi
  16th of Jan, 2008
I ordered the complete "Gimme A Break" series about
2.5 weeks ago with a $21 shipping and handling fee from tvaddicts.com. Paying that much, I would think that I would have it by now. I hope it comes soon because I am hearing many negative things about this company. I'll let you know if I receive it soon.
Jo
  21st of Jan, 2008
I strongly agree with the complaints that I have read. I have tried to get thru to them (DVDDonkey) and they have not let me know anything. When you get on their screen to cancel it comes up no web site for that found. This is a scam and do not order from them. It is very humiliating that this site is still on the web. It should be removed NOW with no questions asked. They need to be repremanded for this and everyone that has been taken by DVDDonkey. They sure did pick the right animal for there site.
He
  17th of Apr, 2008
Last September, I ordered what I thought was original dvds of a tv series called Father Knows Best. After the dvds arrived, I learned they weren't originals at all, but VERY POOR copies from tv shows, some still have the commercials. Some of the dvds don't play at all even when tried on a second new dvd player. Others play awhile, then stop for several minutes and skip over what was stopped on, picking up the story several minutes later.
Thinking they were legit, at first, I somehow lost the invoice/email from them that came with the dvds if there was one with it.
Not only did they rip me off of $127.72, incluging postage, but I think they violated copyright laws by selling a series that wasn't original. I have been trying, thru the BBB, to get a refund, but so far haven't been able to get them the information they need like the phone number and email address.
When I go to the website: www.tvaddicts.com, it comes up, and I can order again, but there is no email address or phone number that I've located.
They should be stopped from ripping customers off.