TVaddicts / Horrible service!

Do not order from TVADDICTS!!! I recently ordered the TV series "A Different World" from tvaddicts.com. Upon first-time viewing of the dvds, the media skipped, paused, and froze several times presently the view ability. The discs are also missing episodes, which I later found out. So... like any decent person, I emailed TVAddicts and complained and requested a full refund. In their reply, they conceded to send me a new set of discs. The email is below:

"Dear Renee,

We apologize if we spoiled your enjoyment watching your favorite shows by receiving a defective discs.We will send you a brand new copies as a replacement of the defective DVD's set you received at our expense. Sorry for the inconvenience.Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,
Daisy"

Sooo... guess what happened, I never received the new/replacement discs. Whatever you do, DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! THEY ARE CROOKS AND SHOULD BE PROSECUTED FOR STEALING.

Comments

• Em
      5th of Sep, 2007

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

I ordered Laverne and Shirley. Have yet to receive... I'm going to the BBB with this. It looks like they are in Canada? I'm charging fraud with my CC. CREEPS!! This is the first time I've ever been scammed off the internet.

• Re
      1st of Nov, 2007

For almost a year now I have been trying to get replacements for five "That Girl" DVDs (the series consisted of 16, five of which were defective). I have given up on ever getting those defective ones replaced, so I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. They are scam artists and I regret not having investigated them prior to ordering the set. Since I am an honest person, I figured those advertising on the Internet were honest too. I just want to see them blasted from the Internet. In the meantime, I'm going to see who else (like Consumer Advocate) that I can file a complaint with.

6th of Dec, 2007

TV Addicts are low life thieves + con artists, paid $300 + have nothing, its been 3 months now + they wont respond. Cant even give me the tracking number of a so called registered mail. Die you ###.

• Al
      21st of Dec, 2007

Do not do business with this company. This is nothing but fraud. orderedseasons 1-4 of the naked city, did not receive, contacted them with no reply. Credit card reversed charges, stay away!

• Al
      21st of Dec, 2007

One thing for these lowlifes, a major long prison term, and a whole bunch of horrible things which cannot be posted here.

• Pa
      6th of Feb, 2008

Luckily, I did not get caught in their snare. While looking into TEK WAR, this website, as well as DVDDONKEY.COM, claimed that TEK WAR had two seaons with 99 episodes! That's outlandish. How many TV programs make 45 episodes in a year? Well, it so happens that TEK WAR only made 1 season with 18 epsiodes. Still, this is how these thiefs snare customers. They make products look better than they are. Then, they claim they are a secure website, but their check-out lane is on the http protocol, NOT the https protocol. That's a dead give away they are not legitimate. Then, when you go to buy the merchandise, they charge about 50% too much for shipping. On one fake order that I placed, they charged me $130 for shipping!
    Another thing these predators do is they claim to have programs on DVD's that don't even exist, like STARMAN, for example. If you inquire about that claim, they will send you an email explaining that the DVD's were expertly made from TV recordings. This is illegal! That should be a red flag to any customer, but I suppose there are some people who are desperate enough to pay $99 plus $35 shipping for something that is not available anywhere else in the iniverse.

I'm convinced that this website is made by the same thiefs who constructed DVDDONKEY.COM. If you read the descriptions, in many cases they are identical. They also use the same time of java script for alert boxes. With a name like "donkey" and "addicts", it's plain to see these scam artists have a sinister sense of humor while they steal your money. They are con artists. They devote a lot of time to creating very legitimate looking art. This probably has fooled a lot of people. If there is justice in the world, these soul-less entities will be put in jail for a long long time. They've got to get caught eventually.

12th of Feb, 2008

Hi
    I also ordered - and payed for - "judging Amy". This was in December -07 and they cooked up all different stories of why I hadn´t received my DVD´s.They even sent me the same tracking number twice - but Canada Post cannot recognize it.
    They should be hung by their fingers in barbed wire till they rot away slowly - VERY slowly !

12th of Feb, 2008

We ordered and paid for the complete series of "The Nanny". We haven't recieved anything yet. We ordered this two months ago. We recieved an email stating that this set was on back order, 2 months ago, but were given no expected time that we might be able to get it. I emailed them twice asking for ANY information on my order but never recieved an answer. We also called the number on the "back order" email but found that it was not a valid phone number. But they did charge the order to our credit card. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND DON'T ORDER FROM THESE GUYS.

• Na
      25th of Feb, 2008

I ordered from them back in December! Providence. They then said it was backordered. I keep emailing them and they claim they wil contact you soon and they never do! I just went to their website and it said to email them if there was a problem. Guess what? I clicked on it and got NO email address to email them! I have no idea what to do! And their phone number is gone from theie page as well. Their so called "live" help? No help. They never respond bacK!

• Vo
      1st of Mar, 2008

I'am another victim.When I found TV ADDICTS. I was so
    thrilled.I finally found BJ.AND THE BEAR.On dvd to enjoy again.Me and my grandma used to watch it every time it came on tv.Unless I was fishing with my Grandpa.My sweet little Grandma has gone onto Heaven to be with GOD&JESUS now.And with my Grandpa.When I came across the web-site.I thought what a blessing!Until it came through the mail.And immediately I knew it was a fraud.Abootlegger's copy of Bj.and the bear.Made me sick.The quality was bad.And I only watched maybe 3 episodes.Because of the quality.When I could have watched the entire 3 seasons easy.I love it so much.That monkey is to cute.It made me mad as a hornet.I spent nearly $90.00,IN all to order this.The phone # they give is as bogas as their movies.As long with their e-mail address.It is a major rip-off.And it has to be against the law.My husband's nephew ordered the same package but with the web-site tv playground.Or dvd playground either one.And his came back the same way.As mine did bootlegged illeagel movies.And I'am furious.And i can't get the people on the phone to even get the code to where i can sent their junk back.I'am seriously goanna get a attorney today.I'm not playing with them.This is a crime.It's serious.And I'am goanna get my credit-card to dispute this as soon as I can.They are crooks.How many others have they did this to?I no alot because I read their comments some of them. I just wished someone had told me about them.Before I had ordered from their website.What a joke.Money don't grow on trees.At my house.We sure don't have alot of it.Just to give to dishonest people.That just steals it!I mean come on.This is so wrong here.Please help me to shut this web-site down asalong with their many others.They are getting rich off of other people's hard earn money.It makes me sick to my stomache.

• Ev
      10th of Mar, 2008

Boy, did I learn my lesson about human nature. These "people" are totally fraudulent. I can just ditto what has been written to date, except my favorite series is WINGS.
    I contacted BBB and they replied quickly with a case no. and unfortunately had the same contacting problems I had. The "company/companies" may be in Canada or Yugoslavia! or not. I also contacted, fortunately soon enough, my credit card company and made sure no more withdrawls would be made from WEBDVD (or DVDDonkey, or TVAddicts, or TVDVDWorld, or whoever). Boy, do I feel like an internet idiot shopper.

• To
      13th of Mar, 2008

Another name they go by is DVDADMIN.

• Em
      6th of Jul, 2008

I received my order of Third Watch and it is a piece of junk. DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. If you have do not just accept your loss of funds Fight Back, . I am contacting the Canadian Gov and filing a complaint with the State Attoryney Office in the USA. It is agaainst the law to sell TV shows that have been recorded and copied from the networds. If you used a debit card for your purchase go to your bank and sign a statement that they are NEVER authorizaed to received funds from your account.

26th of Aug, 2008

Wow! I wish I had seen this site before I bought their product. I just received the whole series of Third Watch after waiting almost two months. Right off the bat, I noticed how the covors of each case where of poor quality. I had assumed I was getting a product that was legitimate. I opened up the package and noticed that one of the cases had been damaged. I checked the disks inside and none was damaged but when I open the other cases, 4 out of 7 disks inside where scratched to hell so I go to check the scratched disks to see if it where good. I found out, that not all disks were copied in the same format/same menu's. Disk #10 only had 3 episodes which the others where 8. Then I started to think, "am I getting all of my episodes!?" I guess not. Disk #7, instead of Third Watch (And all disks are labelled "Third Watch")its Melrose Place. All this was just one case out of three. I didn't bother checking the rest of them. Of coarse, I attempted to call them freak'n rat ###, can't get through to them. I go to the computer to find the web site and I googled "tvaddicts" and going down the list, I noticed this site. WOW! If you want to buy tv shows, buy from the actual company that made the show or series!!! I not gonna bother calling them now after reading whats on this site. I will take it in the ### on this one! Cheers all.