TV Travel LLC / untruthful

1 Grand Prairie, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 972-623-0887

I signed up with this company on 03/25/09 with the understanding that if I did not like the success of the sales that I could cancel my account between the 62-71 day of sign up. I cancelled my account on 05/27/09 and sent them an e-mail asking when my charges would be credited back to my account. They called me and said that because I cancelled my account through MY website, that I did not qualify for any type of a refund. I told them that they never at any time told me that in order to get your refund you had to call in and cancel your account. They only stressed to wait the 62-71 day limit and my money would be refunded with no questions asked. This does not make sense to me. If you have to call the company in order to cancel your account, then why do they have a cancel button on your website. And upon talking to them, they said they had our conversation recorded, so I told them I wanted to hear where I agreed that I would call the office and cancel my account in order to get my refund. They called me back and said they couldn't find that "exact" part, but did have it recorded where I agreed to the 62-71 day limit.

What are my recourses here? I'm looking at $2, 400 here. Help if anyone can.

Comments

• Tr
      24th of Jul, 2009

You're lucky it's only $2400. I'm trying to figure out how to recover $5000.

• Lo
      30th of Dec, 2009

So, I havent signed up yet...but someone has contacted me about the business. Did anyone make any real money with this company or would you say its a scam?

• La
      15th of Jan, 2010

i just got a call today...nd they said its a $500 dollar package and they said i only have to pay $199 with a two day vacation and they will pay for it...i dont know where though but not outside the country...is that wat they told you guys or fed u with some other bull...i dont know wat to do!!!

29th of Jan, 2010

I was told for $500 I could have my own travel company working with Travelocity. I was wary and said 'no' and they kept at it dropping the price to $350 with a $49.95 per month fee for websites. Next was my call to one that was to help me advertise my new company. She hit me with three spendy "must do's" costing from $2900 to $4900! I knew I couldn't do that. They kept pushing to put it on a credit card. I said I needed to check some things out and the "closer" went nuts! Hung up on her and found they are famous for hard hitting closers and no real company to work. I went to my bank to stop the monthly $49.95 for websites and they said they couldn't stop them! For me they faxed the "had to be in writing" I want to stop letter. Three tries and no answer to number. The number is the same one that Better Bus. Bureau had on it's sight. BBB doesn't help, my bank can't stop rip off payments as they won't answer faxings. The law is on the WRONG side! Let's find out if there is a way to sue the evil ones. The closer that tried to rip me made $250, 000 last year burning us that want to earn a living.

• 2b
      16th of Feb, 2010

I just received a call from TV Travel today 2/16/10 and they told me I could own my own travel company through their company. They went through the presentation pitch and said all it would cost is a one time fee of $199.00 and $49.00 per month there after. I ask the guy if he could send me out the information so I could look it over before I made a decision. He ask me what information did I need because, he could walk me step by step. I told him I wanted him to send the info to me and I also needed the website address so I can find out if this is a reputible company. He rushed the info to me and was in a hurry to hang up the phone. I googled the info and came accross this sight. Boy, I'm sure glad that I did'nt give them my personal information. Thanks everyone for putting this info out there on this company, you all saved me a lot of money. And I do pray to God that everyone that has invested in this scam get ALL money returned to them.

Blessed

4th of Mar, 2010

wow you are all [censored]ess hahaha... its pathetic how simple minded dumb###s manage to create reasons of scam for anything that sounds risky or sounds like you have to work a little for it. guess what thats how successfull people get to where they are!!! I dare you to never risk anything guess what you'll get ###in nothin!!!

• Cp
      25th of Mar, 2010

STOP! DO NOT BUY INTO THIS!! This company is a complete rip-off. I refused to buy into the 2-months internet advertising for $2500 and the guy on the phone was a real jerk. He stated that I was a loser without the internet advertising. This guy acted and talked just like the “Jake Winso’s” comments—I wonder if it is the same guy. Now I can only hope I can save some other poor fool before signing up with this company.

2nd of Apr, 2010

Threatening to sue or hire your attorney friend is not going to do any good. They hear this all the time, yet continue to make money, while you sit at home hoping they will not call anymore or voluntarily return your money. Your idle threats solve nothing.

Asking your credit card company to intervene might get you a refund, but it could take months to get a refund.

If the information provided her is correct and you were conned out of $2500 or less, sue TV Travel in Arizona small claims court. Information and instructions are found here:

What happens is you serve the defendant with a notice to appear. In this case, send the necessary papers to the agent for TV Travel LLC, BRETT O'KEEFFE. The address is 13201 N 35TH AVE B7-9, PHOENIX, AZ 85029. He is also listed as the manager of the company with the Arizona corporate commision. The address appears to be a retail or commercial building. Better yet have a friend or someone you know serve this person, then have them fill out a proof of service. You will need to take this to court. A representative of TV Travel will then have to appear in small claims court and answer to the suit. Attorneys are barred. It will be you and TV Travel in court, with the judge, and that is all. If they do not appear a judgement in your favor is the most likely outcome. You could use the judgement to further pressure your credit card company to issue a refund. Collecting from TV Travel may be another story, but if they are sued enough times the attorney general will take notice.

If they are a legitimate business and have nothing to hide, then they should have no issue with explaining themselves in court.

Mary Martina and Tina (Vesecky) are listed as members of the LLC corporation. If you look hard enough you may be able to find the home address and/or phone number for the Vesecky's, so that you might serve them with papers in person. Look here and type in the name of the person you are trying to find:

Another suggestion is if you were in fact taken advantage of or lied to, post the name and phone number of the person you spoke with. This is information we should all have. I am sure there are a few disgruntled customers who would like to call TV Travel and their associates 4 or 5 times a day at all hours to express their dissatisfaction.

A few days of your time and the cost of minimal filing fees may return thousands of your dollars. You have a 3 year statute of limitation. In other words don't wait to take action.

Please be advised I make no legal claim or give any advise implied or otherwise. I am simply providing information based on what was reported on Scam.com. If TV Travel in Arizona was the company you dealt with then the information I found should be correct. I searched public records to obtain pertinent information. I am not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by others.

5th of Apr, 2010

I have also been scammed by TV Travel. They need to be stopped! I have been ripped off a grand total of $10, 793.00 since they contacted me in July 2009. $598.00 was for the initial fee and the rest was to buy "guaranteed" leads and marketing. I bought over 1500 leads and have never made a penny. They told me I would make $6, 000 for every person that bought into the company. I am now in the process of disputing this with my credit card and I will also report this scam all over the internet: the BBB, the internet FBI, the Federal Trade Commission, the State Trade Commission, Arizona's attorney general, the attorney general in the state where I reside, and as many other scam and complaint websites I can find to post on. Hopefully, I will get my money back, but also prevent them from scamming anyone else. If enough people report them, maybe we can get them shut down!! From what I've been told, TV Travel was started by Kurt Vesecky. Kurt also started another scam company in Phoenix called "Bankcard Empire". I've lost $15, 495 to them as well. Call me a sucker, but I'm now a MAD sucker!!

5th of May, 2010

Bankcard Empire is a scam!!

29th of Jun, 2010

Hmmmmm thats a good one...

Kurt Vesecky DOES NOT OWN BANK CARD EMPIRE, he never has and never will. If he did then he would be in the same position as the other owners of Bank Card Empire and that position is one of SHUT DOWN...

TV Travel LLC is a real company with real employees that bust their rumps everyday to make money for their clients. Last year alone TV Travel sent out over $300, 000 dollars in commissions to their loyal clients. This year TV Travel is sending out even more. TV Travel provides its clients with a state of the art custom database, 4 different websites that each markets a different side of the TV Travel business, a live customer service department, a live chat feature and endless SUPPORT. TV Travel provides its clients with 100's of FREE advertising methods as well as a few PAID options. NO guarantees are EVER made by TV Travel with regard to success. TV Travel strives to maintain excellent consumer relations, however just like any other company they are subject to ridicule on the internet. If TV Travel were as BAD as people say they would NOT have a "C' rating with the BBB having just 84 complaints in 6 years of doing business. That is just 14 per year or just over 1 per month. This is GREAT considering that TV Travel brings in roughly 250 NEW CLIENTS each and every month and has done so for 6 years now.

The above statements are statements of FACT, not opionion which is what all of these other posts are. In fact, not only are they opinions but they are the worst kind of opinions... Uneducated Opinions...

Call us... 866.829.7169

13th of Jul, 2010

I have two questions regarding TV Travel: 1) Has anyone out there ever used the travel package sold by TV Travel to travel? If so, how did it go? 2) Is there anyone out there who has had any success with this company? Please send back comments.

14th of Jul, 2010

How about some proof... Just yesterday we sent out over $3500 dollars to our clients... We send checks EVERYDAY!

HMH Enterprises BUSINESS CLASSIC (...5800) $400.00 7/13/2010

Kenneth BUSINESS CLASSIC (...5800) $400.00 7/12/2010

P. Lubin Industries Inc BUSINESS CLASSIC (...5800) $50.00 7/9/2010

Candice BUSINESS CLASSIC (...5800) $50.00 7/8/2010
    Commission

Earth and Sea BUSINESS CLASSIC (...5800)

• Do
      25th of Jul, 2010

I am another who was scammed by this company. I talked to Jason Christenson (who said he made $250k last year and that the company was hugely successful. I bought 1000 leads with the promise that his telemarketers closed 30% of their leads and would do it for me, and easily pay off the credit card charge. In nine months they have closed ONE sale. Jason is an obvious LIAR, and if this note can stop one person from being taken, it is worth my time.

26th of Jul, 2010

TV Travel - That's nice. Post your clients personal information to prove a point.

If you are serious about demonstrating you client's earning potential, please post the money each of these people have invested, and the return they have received so far. That would satisfy my curiosity.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, that many people out there want to get rich quick. I am sure you take full advantage of those people. The point has been proven by the people who complain about having no income, doctor bills, and the need to buy medication, yet they will gladly dish out $5, 000 to $10, 000 to buy "leads" for something they have no knowledge of.

Is there a written contract that each client receives? If so, please post it here. Is there anything in writing that states the terms of agreement other than the fact that TV Travel will debit my credit card? How do you cancel a contract?

26th of Jul, 2010

MSNBC rates TV Travel as one of the top five scams! Enough said.

• Sc
      12th of Aug, 2010

I'm a stickler on details.

Regarding the comment by TV Travel referencing the complaint record at the BBB. First, your local business start date is stated as 4/7/2005, so that's five years and barely over four months that the company has been in business. Interesting rounding. Second, you state "...84 complaints in 6 years...14 per year or just over 1 per month." That isn't accurate. BBB only reports the last 36 months' worth of statistics. Anything prior gets dropped. By my calculation, that makes the average 2.3 complaints per month.

16th of Aug, 2010

Thanks for the clarification... it was an honest mistake... The fact remains that we are legit. we send out money every day! We offer a state of the art database, world class advertising campaigns that generate RESULTS... and a full time sales force to do the work... Did you know... the BBB reports that...
    Bank of America: 7338 complaints
    Home Depot: 3814 complaints
    Walmart: 719 complaints

These are all in the last 3 years... The Point is that EVERY BUSINESS HAS COMPLAINTS... We generate over 250 clients a month, of course 1% of them will be unhappy, it is the nature of this messed up world we live in where everyone BLAMES everyone else for their own FAILURES...

• Rg
      22nd of Aug, 2010

I bought into TV Travel in June 10'. I was very concerned about not having an control over my own destiny...you know like be able to sell to all the leads that I bought. Well their explanation made perfect sense since they are the experts. Here's a question for everyone that's complaining about not getting anywhere. Have any of you referred people to the phone numbers where the TV Travel sales people could sell a travel package or sell them into the business? Has anyone offered up your travel portal as a place that they can go to get airline tickets, hotels, cars, or tickets to entertainment? If you haven't then I don't think you have any room to complain.

I bugged them dearly and as it is they put some of my leads in the front of the line and I just received my first check for 150.00. Now that's not much I grant you, but it's a start. I do believe that these people did tell me that this isn't a get rich quick scheme. So, go out there an refer people to your web sites, or your the company so they can sell it for you. After all they are the experts.

Many best wishes and good luck to all of you!

22nd of Aug, 2010

How much did you invest to get a $150.00 return? At your current rate of return, how long would it take for you to make a profit?

22nd of Aug, 2010

I was ripped off. If they are legit give my money back. Your $150 is better than many. So many are getting taken. How much do you have in it and how would you feel giving a friend to them and finding you let another to being ripped.?

23rd of Aug, 2010

Amancino started with us in March of 2009. She cancelled almost to the day 60 days later. Or guarantee states that in order to be eligible for a refund that you must cancel. When she canceleld on her site it told her that she would be VOIDING the guarantee and yet she still did it.

She paid $599 to set up all of her sites. They were all set up. She then paid $1800.00 for us to advertise and generate her 1000 prospects. B the time she cancelled we had generated just 461 of them. She was TOLD it takes us roughly 3-6 months to generate that many interested people. She QUIT 2 months in on a campaign that was NON REFUNDABLE as stated on the INVOICE that she signed...

Reality is that you CAN'T start a business with the notion of quitting... If you stand by and watch the calendar tick you are DESTINED for failure. We strive to have everyone in our company have success; we work day and night to make this happen.

With that being said, we are ONLY as good as the prospects that OUR clients drive to us.

Rather than post on here, call us and communicate like you would with an ordinary business partner.

I could post a rebuttal to EVERY complaint on here but it seems as if by now you should all get the point... We are a 100% legit company that does IT ALL BY THE BOOK. We do not hide behind a PO Box, we have clients VISIT us all the time... Stop trying to bash a good thing because of your lack of desire, effort, or belief.

Lastly, if you are a CLIENT, and are struggling, call us... Don't wait...

23rd of Aug, 2010

"I could post a rebuttal to EVERY complaint on here but it seems as if by now you should all get the point"

55 days ago you posted "Last year alone TV Travel sent out over $300, 000 dollars in commissions to their loyal clients"

I responded by asking "You claim that TV Travel sent out over $300, 000 to "loyal" clients. What was the total investment needed to produce this return? Let's say you have around 5000 clients, that would be a return of $60 dollars per client... 60 dollars! By what I have read here the average person invests a couple of thousand dollars at least."

NO RESPONSE. PLEASE JUST ANSWER THIS ONE QUESTION. THIS WULD BE ENOUGH TO SATISFY MY CURIOSITY.

Also, there is no need to contact me outside of these forums like you have done in the past to convince me how wonderful an opportunity this is.

The whole reason I even took notice of your company was because of an unsolicited phone call I received from your company a while back . Through a little research I learned that cold calls is a way your company generates business. It appears your business model requires your staff to cold call someone who did not ask to start a business, convince them that what you are offering is too good to pass up, and then take their money.

You stated "Rather than post on here, call us and communicate like you would with an ordinary business partner" But the people you are soliciting are not "business people". Your company is soliciting anyone who will answer their phone. In a sense you are preying on unsuspecting and sometimes venerable people.

Many of these people do not have the mentality, patience, or finances to wait 6 months to a year to make money. From what I have read in the past, your staff makes claims to the customer that peaks their interest. The promise of getting their money back makes it an almost "No Lose" situation for the client. However, when they decide they do not want to be involved any longer, your terms of agreement make it very difficult, or more to the point, almost impossible to get a refund.

Multi-leveling maketing schemes rely on getting people involved, having them convince their friends and family to get involved, and then their friends, and so on.

What you are asking your clients to do is basically give your company money so that your staff can continue to "generate leads". And then from what I read, you contact the client and ask them to invest more money, to further their chances of making money. After all is said and done some of your clients have invested thousands, and seen very little in return except for promises.

I could go one for hours and rebut every ridiculous explanation you offer. The bottom line is this:

1. How much return does the average "client" see over time?

2. Does your company make more money from cold calling unsuspecting "clients" or from the sale of actual travel packages and services?

23rd of Aug, 2010

The answer to yuor question is complicated... why? Because I cannot even begin to guess what the average clients SPENDS... MOST people do NOTHING... IS that our fault? You can't calculate an average when 95% of the clients don't do anything...

We sell a ton of travel packages, but most of the travel sales are through the Travelocity portal that we provide to our clients.

23rd of Aug, 2010

I just visited your website and have a few questions.

Your website states:

Business Packages.

1. "In addition, for getting started today, TV Travel will include your membership into our bonus program that pays you an additional $1000 bonus on every 10 sales. That equals $3500 for every ten sales. ($250 x 10) =$ 2500 plus $1000 bonus = $3500s!"

The list you posted a while back proudly displaying the money your clients have made, does not even come close to what your website promises...

2. " The VIP Package has tremendous value. The VIP program rewards our members just for referring people to TV Travel. For example, if you referred just 4 people in a month (1 a week) and each new member averages just 3 sales in their first month, YOU would earn over $1400 in your first 30 days! $50 x 4 referrals = $200 plus $1200 bonus from their sales (12 x $100) = $1400"

Again, nowhere near what your posted a while back. This quote also proves my multi-level marketing assumption. Getting paid to refer friends and family.

3. "As a Platinum member, you will earn:

A $1000 $1500 bonus on every 10 Vacation Package sales
    A $100 $200 commission on every referral member sales
    A 20 % commission on all product and advertising sales
    A $1000 commission on all Platinum Upgrades of referral members"

Question: Have the potential results ever been accomplished by anyone?

4. "A small monthly fee of just $49.95 maintains your websites, maintains your database, and secures your team of sales professionals!"

On top of all that you promise, the client get's charged a monthly maintenance fee!

If you look closely at all the travel packages offered, the customer is charged a $20 to $60 redemption or processing fee? What is that?

I went to your website to have a few of my questions answered but your link to "Frequently asked questions" states it is "Being updated." How long does that take?

You are charging your clients $50 per month to update and maintain their websites, yet your own website www.tvtravelonline.com is not even up to date itself!.

23rd of Aug, 2010

TVtravel: "We do NOT cold call anyone... If you get a call from us it is because you replied to SOME form of advertisement on the net in which you said you wanted to make money or love to travel. "

That is not true. I am very careful regarding websites I visit, and I have NEVER responded to an ad of filled out any sort of questionnaire about travel or otherwise. I have never inquired with a money making website, and I do not give out personal information to ANYONE.

Please do not make claims or assume I have done something I have not.

I have associated several phone numbers your company uses with websites that keep track of solicitors. Would you like me to list some of them?

Please do not insult me with "the answer is complicated". Of course it is that is why so many people and unhappy.

23rd of Aug, 2010

obviously your beliefs are your own so I am not going to convinve you otherwise. The fact is that we provide a great opportunity to someone who wishes to try and change their financial situation. What they do with it however is on them. We provide every tool imaginable, as well as the sales staff.

Lets just say we agree to disagree...

24th of Aug, 2010

My beliefs have nothing to do with my questions. I have only asked for general information that any legitimate company would provide.

Yet every time someone complains, or questions your tactics, TV Travel responds with the same canned response "we provide a great opportunity"...

Most recently you have started attacking your own clients, claiming they are not making an effort, or they are too stupid to figure out how to navigate your complicated cancelation policy. We have not even addressed the people who have tried to cancel their service, but are still having their credit cards debited.

Yet we still have no facts, only claims, and you have not answered any of my questions. I guess it must be as you said, too complicated.

What I believe is I would not be responding to any of these complaints unless I felt people have been mislead. My goal has been simply to educate and offer questions that some others may not ask, and then let them make up their own mind.

Again MSNBC has rated TV Travel one of the top five travel scams. What do you say to that?

24th of Aug, 2010

This will be our last reply to anything from Zipperfoot as he is simply a user name that wishes to remain anonymous and hide...

A 110% FALSE STATEMENT... MSNBC rates TRAVEL not TV TRAVEL in the top 5.

As USUAL we present FACTS... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6867582

24th of Aug, 2010

Like I said in one of my earlier posts, I only report information I find on the internet, and claim no responsibility for it's accuracy. I know how it feels to be accused of something (Like claiming I replied to an advertisement to get on your call list).

I see no need to divulge my identity. As I stated in one of my earlier replies, I guard my privacy very closely. Besides, what benefit does providing my name serve? I do not want to get calls from your associates at all hours of the day like others have reported. The only benefit you would gain would be the ability to attack me personally. No thank you. I will remain anonymous.

"As USUAL we present FACTS... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6867582" - You may have presented a FACT. Not FACTS. Most of the responses I have read from TV Travel are questionable at best "As Usual". In my opinion, first you praise your clients by posting their personal information and payouts, then criticize them for not understanding your policies and giving up too easily. Nicely done.

Good luck to you.

• Bi
      28th of Nov, 2010

i just got a call from this company and said exactly what has been posted that they promise...a life changing experience, i would see real income within the first week, i would get a 2 day vacation absolutely free!! i told the closer i would do some research and if he could give me any information towards the company. His attitude changed and he was very quick to get of the phone with me a guess what?? i looked up TV Travel online and all this company has to show for is a bunch of complaints on how sorry this company really is!!! just look for yourself just google Tv Travel and nothing good comes up for this company the only thing that comes up is watch out for TV Travel and the pro closers!!! and by reading the post left between zipperfoot and tv travel sound like zipperfoot has you beat hands down. Zipperfoot asked reasonable questions that a REAL company would be able to answer. So why couldn't TV Travel come up with any answer to any of zipperfoots question?...The questions he asked would of been very easy to answer by a legit comapny. And when Tv Travel try's and answer one of zipperfoots question they state "The answer to your question is complicated" what the [censor]??!!! what kind of response is that... all i have to say is do not join this company and if your thinking about joining do your re-search first. Tv Travel has SCAME written all over it ..especially online

29th of Nov, 2010

Good for you BigBang505. If I prevented one person from making the same mistakes others have reported, then my job here is done. My goal was solely to educate others. I have have no personal issues with the company, but I am sick and tired of unsuspecting people getting taken advantage of.

Just the other day I received a delivery notice from an alleged delivery service saying they have made two attempts to deliver a package to my address. Come to find out several people in my neighborhood have received the same notice.

Through a little research I found out there is actually a company out there leaving ficticicious notices on peoples front doors. When the customer calls to schedule the delivery of their package they are then solicited by a company selling alarm systems and free groceries.

Like many of these so called legit businesses, they prey on unsuspecting people. The delivery company even went so far as to the print my name and a confirmation number on the notice, which means they looked up county records to get names and addresses of people in my neighborhood.

Long story short, be careful... It is getting really nasty out there.

• Ku
      7th of Dec, 2010

I've recently been getting calls from a company called TVTravelPackage.com which I have to assume is the same outfit, I have to say that many of my points and concerns have been covered very well by zipperfoot and have this to add to TV Travel; No one here is interested in hearing your arguments or defending the company. You represent the company, of corse your going to let off dog farts and call them roses. We want to see what the average person who does not own, or get payed off by the company is saying about it. Furthermore, you have done such a lousy job in defending your company that I am much more leery about joining it from your defending comments then I am about the complaints.

You stated that the company sent out $300, 000 + in commissions in one year to what? (zipperfoot estimated 5, 000 but Im guessing its at least 10 times higher then that), so the average person spends $600 or so and gets back a half can of warm soda pop? Then state that you sign up over 250 new clients every month? Who are you trying to impress here? sign up 250 SUCKERS every month is more like it. I also take it from a response that you made that 95% of your clients do nothing that only 5% are actually making anything in the way of a profit in this, and that in order to do anything, we need to harass a lot of people over the phone or by other means necessary. You also showed a list of 21 people who received commission checks a ways back, thats out of how many? 50, 000? Not to mention how much money those people put into it.

Next time the person calls me, I will be able to tell him that I am NOT interested.

• Li
      17th of Feb, 2011

I am one of those unsuspecting VICTIMS! All of this negative reporting on TV Travel has scared the crap out of me!!! I just invested $3900 in this debacle! I'm 69 yrs old and am on social security. I only get $473 a month and I'm desparate for some extra income. Plus, I am disabled. I told the solicitator this-which was probably a big mistake-and he was oh so sympathetic...now I have to try to get MY money back! Does anyone have any concrete suggestions on how to do this or -HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVEN GOTTEN THEIR MONEY BACK????? PLEASE---HELP!!

Linda,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I really can't offer any advise on how to get your money back because I do not know what was said to you or how you paid for your so called investment. The simplest answer would be to call your credit card company if you paid by credit card, or cancel the check if you wrote a check. Call the company and ask for a refund. I am sure there will be some cancelation fee. Pay it and be over with it.

I am more interested to know what was said or promised to you to get you to invest so much money on a fixed income. If you read most of these complaints you will see that I have asked fairly simple questions. I was told that they do not solicit people to sign up for their services.

Did you get an unsolicited phone call from them?
    How did they get your number?
    What was promised to you?

This forum has seen responses from supposed company representatives stating that their clients need to do the work in order to make money. I have even had them try to contact me outside of this forum. From what I gather, you are supposedly asked to find other people to sign up, and in return you get paid for the referral. What exactly are you asked to do? From what I have read their business model sounds like a multi-level marketing scheme. Unfortunately with that type of business only the people at the very top of the chain make any real money.

Say you ask 100 friends to give you one dollar. You end up with $100 and everyone else ends up with nothing. In a multi-level marketing scheme you tell two friends or family members to each give you a dollar. You tell them to go out and find two friends to give them two dollars. You keep one dollar and they keep the other. If you are at the bottom of the food chain you make very little, if anything.

This seems to be what has happened here. They have convinced you to invest and they will do the work. Unfortunately they only way to make money is if you get new people to sign up. Their work on your behalf is not going to make you any money. If I am wrong please let me know. I have asked them several different ways to let me know what the average investor makes. As we all know their response was "it's complicated".

I think it would be a public service if you were to report what they have promised you, and then tell us exactly what transpires. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Linda,

All that you have to do is call... You have been with us BARELY a month, and have NEVER contacted us to express any concerns. Confusing to say the least. So based on things that you have READ, (ALL OF WHICH THAT ARE NOT TRUE) you now think that you have been had... I say this again... we have been around for nearly 7 years. We sell a vacation package, we are NOT a MLM company. We offer small referral bonuses for people that refer others to us.

Do you relaize that ANYONE can go online and post ANYTHING that they want about anyone... there is NO RECOURSE. Don't join in on this discussion that attempts to slander us. Call us so we can continue to work together and prosper.

18th of Feb, 2011

When they sucked me in it was not "selling a vacation package" ! The company is VERY dishonest!! Stay away, being in AZ. my state couldn't help me get my ripped off money back. Their guanantee is a Lie knowing we can do little.

• Ni
      21st of Feb, 2011

I spoke to a lady named Rachel about this, & she had me really excited about it. She said only $199.00, I said Wow, thats some money that I don't have, I don't think I can afford it, I'll have to pass. She then stated that we could post date my credit card number. I told her that my card was about to expire, but she insisted on getting it anyway to "save" the $199.00. I gave her the expired card. I then got online & started reading into this tv travel stuff & instantly regretted doing that. After I spoke to her, I started receving all types of different phone calls. Today 2/21, I immediately answered the phone with cease & disist, do not call me. She instantly got an attitude & said "Is that really how your going to talk to me, when I have your credit card number." Freaked me out. I apologized & let her repeat the same thing she did 2-3 weeks ago. She transferred me to Melissa I believe in the "verification" department. As soon as she got on the phone I asked her her name, & said I don't mean to be rude, this sounds like a great deal & all, but I am no longer interested. She said please hold & brought Rachel back on the phone. Rachel then started getting really defensive. I then told her that my account had been tampered with & I had to close my account down. I can't afford to put that kind of money down. She rudely interrupted me & said, "all I'm hearing is you can't afford it, what I need to hear is you can afford it." I hung up, & instantly emailed my bank letting them know about what she had said. Filed a report with the Do Not Call list & have contacted my phone company. My next step if my account is touched by this company or any other company without my authorization is legal consultation. They do not have me on tape saying I agree to this. This is a bad scam. If it seems to good to be true, it is. Please be careful.

21st of Feb, 2011

A few days ago TV Travel posted a response to one of their own customer's complaints letting them know that ANYONE could go online and post ANYTHING they want without recourse. It appears that TV Travel can say ANYTHING they want to ANYONE they want in order to get them to provide a credit card number. I am surprised that they offered to post date a credit card transaction to get you to sign up. I wonder if that is even legal? How were you contacted? Did you get a phone call out of the blue? Did you sign up with some website for a home based business? What about Linda, a disabled woman on a fixed income. What did the sales associate offer you for $3, 900?

Since it appears that potential investors read this forum, I would like to suggest that anyone thinking about investing in anything ask themselves a few simple questions:

1. Can you afford to invest? Keep in mind that any time you invest money in anything there is a possibility you will not make a dime. Life is full of risks but can you afford to take risks with your money? There are no sure things no matter what anyone tries to tell you. Think about it, someone asks you to invest $199.00 and when you tell them you can't afford it they offer to post date your credit card? The company should have said thank you for your time and ended the conversation.

2. What are you investing in? an Idea? the POTENTIAL to make money? what do you have to do in order to make money? What do I get from you in return for investing? Ask for a business plan. Any legitimate business should have something you can look at that outlines what you are being asked to invest in, and what will happen over time.

3. How long would it take for me to see a return on my investment? What is the average rate of return for an investor?

4. Are there any hidden fees, or maintenance costs?

I am not trying to be cynical, slanderous, or dissuade anyone from investing in whatever they see fit, it is your choice.

The whole reason I even started visiting this website was because I was solicited by this company. I was called out of the blue. The number that they called me from showed up on several websites dedicated to tracking suspicious phone numbers that solicit people endlessly. When I started to ask VERY BASIC questions like the ones I asked above, I was actually hung up on by the "Sales Associate". So when I did a little research I found this website. Since that time I have asked the same questions over and over again, but have never received a response any more detailed than "It's complicated".

Just remember ANYONE, can call you ANYTIME and say WHATEVER they want to you without recourse.

• Li
      28th of Feb, 2011

Hi All! It's Linda again; Dear Zipperfoot, you ask the perfect questions and best suggestions--and I wish I'd seen all of your blogs before I got roped into the TV Travel nightmare!! Thing is, I did ask many of the questions you posed, and got the exact same answers as all the others!! Almost to the letter!! They offered huge bonuses for referrals and sign-ups-problem being, we're supposed to pound the pavements, the intenet, our associates, our FRIENDS AND FAMILIES to provide them with their victims!! I told them at that time that I am disabled and very seldom leave my home. They said that was alright; that they'd do it for me. For my almost $4000 they said I would get 1500 hits on my websites, (for which we are trapped into paying $50 a month to maintain) and that they would follow up on, and I would get big bonuses for each successful transaction. Needless to say there have been no big bonus checks flooding my mailbox! They want more time, but TIME is costing me $150 a month between my credit card payment and maintaining my websites! Out of $473 mo income, that really is devistating. They also told me they won't refund my $3000 investment in referrals because that money has already been put out there making me money----that the only refund I'd have any hope at all of getting would be my sign-up fee of $581. So, there you go-one of the biggest traps I've ever gotten myself into!! I just hope it doesn't come down to my only recourse being that I report them to every government fraud and deception agency I can find, The Better Business Bureau, The Internet FBI, The Federal Trade Commission, The Arizona State Attorney General, my State Attorney General and any other complaint and scam investigating site I can find! In the meantime, if there's anyone out there with any help, any suggestions or legal advice-----HELP!