TV Show Monster/TVDVD MAnia / Fraud

In Dec, 2008, my husband ordered the Carol Burnett Show dvd box set from TV ShowMonster.com and it took several weeks to arrive. It was supposed to be a Christmas present for his mom. In early January it finally arrived via USPS. First we noticed that the product had come from Shanghai, China and the manifest was in Chinese! I thought Red Flag!! We opened the box and my husband noticed that the copies were bootlegged and a very poor representation of what should have been in the box. We filed a dispute with the credit card company and received the $70.00 back. Buyers Beware! Please do not make the same mistake that we made last month.

Au

Comments

• Pi
      4th of Feb, 2009

Yes, TVDVD Mania is what I would call a pirate organization. I ordered three box sets of DVD's which are crap! The disks have been copied from television, they skip, the picture is fuzzy, the cases were smashed, and the artwork is copied on a copy machine! The package was in Chinese which I don't read so I asume it read: "You just got it in the ###" .I could have paid $100.00 more dollars through WalMart and received the real thing. BE VERY AWARE of this company. They have a great return policy: return your product and we will give you your money back (wink, wink).

• Ro
      12th of Feb, 2009

I ordered the 90210 dvd all 10 seasons on Jan 16 2009, it is Feb 12 2009 and i hav not recieved any thing yet. I have called and emailed several times with no response.
    Roger Vance
    Oakman Al.

• Ro
      12th of Feb, 2009

have not gotten my dvds. they have recieved money off credit card on Jan 18 and it is Feb 12

• La
      27th of Mar, 2009

This past december 2008 I ordered the complete set of 1) I dream of jeannie; 2) bewitched; 3) colombo. The web site promised no questions asked return policy. I should have been more careful. Always check to see if the website has a physical address. This has none. Who knows where they are located. The products arrived in January 2009. Crappy quality. As others have said, fuzzy picture, sounds don't sync with lip movement, picture skips. I wrote customer service. some fellow named jake answered, promising all sorts of things. It's meant to string you along, so don't listen. he said they would replace any disc that's defective (that would entail my going through every one of them and then identifying which one is defective). i protested. he said, fine, they will send me a brand new set. at this point, i googled their name and found out there are so many complaints against them. now i just want my money back. i wrote asking for it and i never heard from him. i contacted my credit card company. The credit card company issued me a conditional credit of the amount (almost $300). Today I got confirmation that the conditional credit is now permanent!!! in the meantime, during the dispute, i finally heard from jake who told me i was "wrong and immoral" because i was keeping his products yet filing a dispute. I reiterated i have no interest in keeping pirated, bootlegged products of substandard quality. i asked for a return address three times. no response.

• Wi
      11th of Aug, 2009

Your stories mirror mine completely. I had my credit company reverse the charge, and I sent them their POS Carol Burnett DVDs back, and kept the receipt from the shipping on it. I missed the mailman bringing me an express letter from Bejing, which I suspect has something to do with my problem with them. If they try to say I didn't send the DVDs, they're in for a huge surprise. I can't believe they haven't been shut down by their own web server.