TV Pop Up Ads & TV Station Logos On Screen / MAJOR DISTRACTIONS!

1 2439 newberry rdCharlotte, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 704)605-3243

***I have & still am havin' a hard time tryin' to watch television with all those "GOD" awful Station Logos! We have Time Warner Cable, The TV Guide Channel, as well as our Sunday newspaper w/a TV Station Guide, as well as the TV Remote that tells us exactly what Station we're on each time a channel is changed, or when the TV's turned on, so do we really need each TV Station to remind us of where we are as far as the Logos go??? *I think not!!! ***...And another thing that goes hand-in-hand w/those terribly awful distracting logos and that are those "GOD" awful pop-up-ads all the way through whatever movie, sitcom, documentery, etc..., that you're tryin' to watch, and together they're very distracting, and espically to our Children! * 'Cause all through K-3rd-4th Grades, all they hear from Parents & Teachers, is not to interrupt when others are speaking or talking, or to wait until someone finishes talking to speak up or to say something. *...And after tryin' to raise our Children Right and Proper so when they can grow up to become responsible, working adults as well as good Citizens, yet all this mumbo-jombo of distractions is confusing to them and asking questions about how they're supposed to behave and act, yet the adult TV world's acting as if they were the Children nad the good Kids are the reverse as, in which they're the adults.!? *Do and show these horrid things during commercials and not the programs, , , PLEASE!!! *It's odd seeing all these color versed logos and ads when you're watchin', "I Love Lucy", "Leave It To Beaver", "Dick Van Dyke", and it's even done to the CHRISTMAS Classics such as, "It's A Wonderful Life", "Scrooge" w/Alistar Sim(1955)... *You can't even spare us during the Season of CHRIST'S Birthday, Can You??? ***Thank You for Any and All Consideration in This Matter, and it Does Matter to the Majority of Us All, and I'm Sure That I Am Not by Myself Either!!! *Am I Fellow Americans??? *J. McPherson...

Comments

Ha
  29th of Jun, 2009

>>'Cause all through K-3rd-4th Grades, all they hear from Parents & Teachers, is not to interrupt when others are speaking or talking, or to wait until someone finishes talking to speak up or to say something. *.

I am sorry to tell you this, but things were different for you and I. Teachers no longer scold or admonish children in class, as thats a surefire way to get a parent to file a complaint, which puts you on automatic probation. Parents nowadays, for some reason, don't like any adult other than them to tell their kid what to do.

I blame television.

Jg
  29th of Jun, 2009

[quote]I am sorry to tell you this, but things were different for you and I. Teachers no longer scold or admonish children in class, as thats a surefire way to get a parent to file a complaint, which puts you on automatic probation.[/quote]

Not where I live it's not. Teachers DO still remind children not to speak in class without raising your; not to speak with other students during class; not to be disruptive; etc. Children in our schools receive punishment for offenses if they've been warned about them. Can't imagine a school that doesn't deal with this kind of thing, because if there was, then there'd be precious little teaching or learning happening.

Besides, that really wasn't the point of the complaint.

On the point of the original topic - I totally agree. Those pop-in ads for other shows in the middle of a movie or program drive me insane. It's particularly annoying because I watch very little TV anyways - a good movie, maybe once a week (if there's one on), two shows on Friday night that I like, and sometimes History channel's "ancient civilizations". Not much more. It's getting so you don't want to watch at all.

Apart from those complaints...I'm really fed up with all that reality crap. We have reality in our lives every day. Give me something entertaining for crying out loud.

Re
  11th of Feb, 2011

I basically no longer watch tv because of the pop ups. The era of tv is over because of the pop ups. On the rare occasion I have to watch a station with pop ups, I TAPE CARDBOARD TO THE SCREEN OVER WHERE THE POP UPS APPEAR. You miss part of the show but its better than high blood pressure. I was going to get a big flatscreen, but since the tv era is over, FORGET IT ! I would not pay a dollar for a flatscreen now. All because of poop ups.

Fr
  4th of Sep, 2013

I blame the direct tv people and the tv stations and the FCC The FCC is really not in charge of anything! Every time I write the FCC they write back and say, that is not in there laws and pass it on to someone else.