TV DVD World / DVD order placed and not delivered

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Hi,

I have recently placed an order with TV DVD World, and have had a number of emails from them with regard to the DVD not being in stock, and that I can cancel my order. However when I have tried to cancel my order I cannot do so.

I have tried calling the number on numerous occaisions but cannot get through to anyone.

My credit card details were provided and payment has been made, but I understand that this company has scammed a number of people.

Is there anything I can do to get my money back?

Kind regards
Lena

Le

Comments

Ke
  1st of Apr, 2008

Well so far I purchased The wonder years 7 disks for my husband for his birthday. Came with fast delivery " very promrt service."
It states on there website that each item is checked prior to shipment, but disks 3 & 4 freeze and disk 5 is not even the wonder years its Sister sister. At this point there not responding to my emails so im gonna wait it out a bit longer for a response.

My only complaint thus far is that everything that they state on there web site is false. No prompt responses, and they do not check before they ship.

Ro
  9th of Apr, 2008

I got the same run-a-round last year. They have changed the name of their company since then to tv dvd world. They said their suppply has run out but they were expecting more soon, just be patient. Then I checked and found them to be phony. I called my credit card company and stopped payment before the time ran out. Like they say. IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS.

An
South Australia
Australia
Phone: 610403274029
www.tvdvdworld.tv/

i purchased the set below
Order #: 222095
Order Date: 2008-04-02 21:33:00
Products:
ITEM: 1X Hawaii Five-0 The Complete Television Series On DVD USD$ 68.99
Shipping: USD$ 47.99
Price: USD$ 116.98

it came today in the post and i cant beleive what i was sent.

i have checked each dvd to see if they work and i found the following.

This special Hawaii Five-0 DVD collection also includes custom artwork and episode guides to help you find your favorite episode at anytime

there was no guiges inside and the disks were not even labeled properly as some printed off the edge.

they are not even dual layer dvd's for the amount of episodes on them and the picture quality is poor.

a number of the disks have fine scratches on them.

vol 1 disk 3 does not play.

vol 2 disk 8 is blank disk

vol 2 disk 9 is blank disk.

vol 2 disk 10 has cartoon network on it, no hawaii 5 o.

vol 2 disk 12 is blank disk.

vol 3 disk 15 has old movies on it, no hawaii 5 o.

vol 3 disk 16 is vol 2 repeat dvd.

vol 3 disk 17 wont play.

vol 3 disk 18 is vol 2 repeat dvd.

vol 5 disk 27 is falcon crest, no hawaii 5 o.

vol 5 disk 29 comes up with tv logo's going across the screen taped off the tv at home.

these dvd's are not genuine copies and are pirated copies.the blank disks are the sort sold in the supermarket.

as this set is totally no good i would like a refund please.

i am contacting you first so to see if we can resove the problem and hope that i dont have to go down other avenues.

NOTE

We guarantee all our merchandise is of the highest quality. Rest assured that when doing business with TVDVDWorld you will always receive exactly what you paid for!

Return Policy:
30 day 100% Unconditional money back guarantee!

yours andrew fisher.

Em
  14th of May, 2008

i have finaly just recieved the complete Third Watch series which is a joke as there are episodes missing everywhere, at least 1 disc has noting on it, the quality is below average and i've only looked at 6 of the 18 disc of yet, they wont return emails, i feel totaly riped off after paying them $160 bucks!!!

Pe
  21st of May, 2008

After reading these comments and those on the "ripoff" site, I would be very cautious about ordering anything online in the future.

Unlike the complaints posted for TVDVD World, I am yet to recieve my order and keep getting automated emails stating it will be 5-7 days on backorder, I am now into my 21st day and I am still recieving the same automated emails.

I have sent 7 emails in reply to the emails recieved asking when I can expect the order to be despatched and have had not one reply in the last 14 days since I sent the first email.

Yet they claim to respond quickly. After reading what I have on the internet about this company, I tried to cancel my order using the prompt on their emails which states I can do so. This only went to a blank screen.

I would seriously avoid using this company for your DVD requirements as they offer no service and at this stage no product either.

Tw
  3rd of Jun, 2008
TV DVD World - Defective DVDs
TV DVD World
Pleasanton
California

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM TVDVDWORLD.TV. I placed an order on May 5 and printed off the confirmation. That paper is the only communication I ever received from this company. I sent a total of 7 emails - all unanswered. I have called 3 times and the last call I was on hold for over 27 minutes! Of the 15 DVD set, 6 DVDs are defective. They offered me $30 USD. Nothing else. And told me it was a once in a lifetime offer. I never plan to purchase from this company again so ... But I must call back in 3 days to check on the refund.

Sh
  6th of Jun, 2008
TV DVD World - pirated dvs

I tried to make purchases in Dec from TVDVD World. Granted my credit was not charged but I never received any items. I received several emails stating the order will be processed in 5-7 days. That was the last I hear from them. Today I emailed them telling them to cancel all orders as I think this company is bogus.

Na
  22nd of Jun, 2008

I recently ordered the tv series for the show American Dreams. It came after 2 weeks . The complete set of 18 shows on three seasons where missing alot of episodes some dvd's were blank others were incomplete. I have tried calling the 800 number and all you get is a prerecorded music playing and no one answers. I have also sent e-mails to there internet address and no response. After having my credit card charged for these dvd's plus shipping this place is a scam. I want my purchase refunded and a credit on my charge card. Please help what can we do?

Thankyou,

Ontario
Canada
Phone: 800-788-1219
www.tvdvdworld.tv

I ordered "The Virginian" tv series and got "The Red Green show" and have tried to contact the vedor by email/phone and have not been able to contact them. As I read the complaints about the tv dvds company's - it is just the same with my order . I contacted the Canada consumer info and the address I had on the company was 120 King Street West was ok but they said there was no such Suite 254511 at that address. My bank cc told me the money withdrawn from me was a company off shore. First time I have been had and hope this listing will help someone to be aware of this company. Also, saw another company website set up like this one was TV Express.

18th of Jul, 2008

Does anyone know how long these con artists have been scamming people? anyone ever get a physical or mailing address with a good phone number? I would love to have it.
A Turner

18th of Jul, 2008

Operator named Jewel answers when calling the 800-787-1219 number after you are on hold for several minutes, she says she will process your request for a refund but you have to wait about two weeks, I'll see what happens. She says she does not know of a physical or mailing address and does not know of a nother direct number to TV DVD World. By the way did any one else receive their DVD's from an unnamed address in Canada somewhere?
A Turner

18th of Jul, 2008

Does Andrew Fisher work for or own TV DVD WORLD??? I saw what looked like reply from Andrew Fisher. Mr Fisher if you are reading this what is the physical or mailing address to your company and another telephone number other than 866-646-0645
and the "orders@TVDVDWORLD.TV" and "orders@DVDDONKEY.TV" are bogus. They are unable to be sent.

Gl
  29th of Jul, 2008
TV DVD World - Missing DVD & can't get in touch via phone or email
2619 W Atlanta Ave
Phoenix
Arizona
Phone: 602 2282960

I ordered the complete television series, "Wings" and received it in a couple of weeks. First off, I was surprised that these appeared to be copied (pirated) dvd's. I suppose that may have been in the description on their site. If so, I didn't see that. Anyway, it was supposed to be a 25 disc set. I received discs 2 - 25. I immediately attempted to email them at the email address on the card they provided with the order. Within minutes, I received a bounced back email stating that the server will try again. The next day, Sunday, I received a failure notice. Monday, I began trying to call them. Naturally, I have to call them from my office. And as a previous complaint has mentioned, I was placed on terminal hold. The same music playing repeatedly. I tried at various times during the day on Monday and tried to email them again. Once again, the email came back with failure notices, 4 or 5 notices actually. So now I sit on hold again with the terrible music playing in my ear.
I suppose I should ask why would you even enclose a card with contact information if you can't be contacted?
On top of all this, I haven't checked the DVD's they sent to see if they're functioning. I suppose that I may be entering a separate complaint if they don't work.
Does anyone out there know if there's a way to contact this company? I don't want to return the DVD's (as long as they work, which I'll check later), I just want to get disc 1. As a paying customer, I really don't think that's too much to ask.

Please help.
Glenn

Ga
  2nd of Aug, 2008

I have been trying for months to get these people to send me the remainder of my refund. I ordered "Robin of Sherwood" and 1/3 of the order was missing. I contacted them immediately and was offered the $30.00 refund. However, I was NEVER told that this would be the only refund I was eligible for. When I started watching I realized these were simply recorded from a TV broadcast. The quality was awful! So I sent them bak. and I have been trying since the beginning of June to get the rest of my $$ back. Good luck too all-I am going to sue in small claims court and notify the FBI regarding these bootleg copies!

5th of Aug, 2008

Yes my partners Alan King, Jim Michmen and I are con artists we use several locations, addresses and phone numbers as well as business names. Look us up on Better Business Bureau website and read all about us. You have to send the bootleg DVD;s back to the address you got it from and make sure you can track it like with ups or fedex, then credit card companies will usually credit your account and then theyll come after us . I'm sure well be behind bars soon because I can feel they are closing in on us, ive had some strange late nightphone calls at my home my cell phone has been bugged my son even turned states evidence to roll over on me to get a break from him going to jail and my grandkids not being without a daddy.someone has been following me that we scammmed and they may want to get even. I have to watch my back every where i go...
later Andrew Fisher former owner TV DVD WORLD

5th of Aug, 2008

###!!! We dont give peolpe their money back we keep it WE ARE CON ARTISTS PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!

5th of Aug, 2008

We paid some computer geek to set up our bounceback email deal and it works pretty good so far unless the feds get to him and he tells them where we live. I woory about my car being left at the garage too long stuff like that becasue i never know when somebody might want to put some sugar in my gas tank or loosen up the oil pan screw or instead of oil fill it up with wesson oil or pickle juice ihve evn heard of people who squirt super glue in your hole. on your car door key holes and cut the rubber valve stem off on your whhels with some heavy duty sidecutters so they have to tow in your car becasue they cant air upall you tirees they have to take it in for all new valve stems and maybe tires if they didn't slash them in the sidwall ive heard about stuff like that but i don think anybody woold ever do that to me aleast i hope not

Br
  13th of Aug, 2008

I purchsed the series collection of the Carol Burnett Friends dvd on 08/04/08. I received an email telling me it had been shipped but I still haven't received it but they received payment in full from my credit card. I have tried calling and sending emails but I get no response. Please help me.

Brenda Holifield

Be
  25th of Aug, 2008

FRAUD! DON'T USE! They are totally bogus! Promised a full-series copy of "Love American Style", but of course it wasn't in stock AFTER I ordered it! And within a week, my credit card company's fraud department called, telling me of dozens of charges made in that time. Not one was mine, and TV DVD World was the only place I had used it in over 3 months, so guess who stole my credit card information? DON'T USE THEM!!

Lo
  25th of Aug, 2008
TV DVD World - Videos
TV DVD World
De Pere
Wisconsin
Phone: 920-339-9799

Talk about the ultimate scam. I ordered the DVD "Get A Life" as a birthday present for my husband and the next night received an urgent phone call from my credit card company informing me that fraud had been comitted on my card -- someone was ordering numerous items online with my credit card number! This was the only place I used my card in over two months so I am absolutely certain they are responsible. My card had to be cancelled (which I had since 1985) and now I have to clean up the mess created by ordering from this so-called company. Someone needs to go after these people -- the damage left in their wake is so unbelieveably unfair!! I AM FURIOUS...