TV DVD Mania, Quality Home DVD / Poor quality DVDs, customer service

1 NH, United States Review updated:

Hi folks, I too have had problems with a DVD set I purchased from TV DVD Mania. I have a few phone numbers to call if people need to contact someone at TV DVD Mania (not sure, but they may also go by other names, like Planet DVD, DVD Globe, etc.). The phone sales office is in Ontario - [protected]. Returns/refunds are at [protected] and [protected]. If you pay by credit card, there should be a phone number on your statement. I actually spoke to someone in the sales office (she gave me the 2 numbers) and she said the DVDs are made in China and Egypt. It seems that quality issues arise because these DVDs are so cheaply made. One consumer found this address as well: TV DVD Mania LTD, 69 Mercure Road, St. Maarten, Netherlandese Antilles, 10102. Good luck everyone!

Li

Comments

• Tr
      24th of Apr, 2009

This group is part of PlanetDVD.com they are fraudulent. I lost 164.95 through them when I ordered on DVD collection and they willfully sent me the wrong DVD collection. They DO NOT respond to email or phone calls. I will continue to warn people about this company.

• Kr
      30th of Apr, 2009

Thank you soooo much for those numbers. I just found out that they were a scam when I ordered the dvds two days ago. I ordered them for my birthday and what a terrible birthday present this turned out to be. I have already put a dispute on my card with the bank and got in contact with someone via email but just in case i need to speak to someone this is extremely helpful.

• Li
      1st of May, 2009

Hi Kristine, I wish you luck in getting a full refund for your DVDs. Unfortunately this company has still NOT responded to my emails and phone calls. I tried calling sales again and the woman gave me another number and email to try: 647-722-9393, and emailsupport@planetdvdstore.com It is very frustrating! We paid over $100 for JAG DVDs that are lousy quality. What a shame that people/companies get away with this. The reasoning offered to me was, "they're inexpensive." I think cheap is a better word. MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE - check out AHEAD OF TIME anything youwant to buy over the phone, Internet, etc. From your Internet browser, type in the company or product followed by the word complaint and see what comes up. It's quick and can save you a lot of time, trouble, and money. Good luck everyone!

• Tr
      1st of May, 2009

Well and update to my story is apparently the squeaky wheel gets heard. I sent email after email demanding my money back and I also contacted the sales office to voice my concerns. I got an email from the company finally saying they were sorry about the mix up and that the correct DVD's were in the process of being sent, well I halted that immediately in a response that must have gotten their attention. I was not backing down and I suggest to anyone who has to deal with these people to do the same and then pass along the information that this company and all of its affiliates are fraudulent.

• Kr
      1st of May, 2009

yeah ive been conversing with the bank back and forth this morning. I finally had my card that they used for the transaction cancelled and the bank is sending me a new one and I'm also disputing the charges, as well as sending numerous emails (i guess you could call it the harrassment method). Either way, my money will be returned to me. So I'm okay. And thank God I got all that done. I've learned my lesson though. I am still going to follow up with all the complaints and emails so they can be shut down. I am a very persistant person and can get ugly if I have to. Being nice and letting the situation go in this case gets you nowhere. Thanks everyone for all your help.

• Nd
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I purchased the series American Dreams, for my daughter. This is an 8 disc set. Discs 1 to 3 were good quality. Discs 4 to 8 were recorded off what appeared to be video tape of NBC broadcast. Poor video quality, video not synchronised with audio, normal audio with video running at x2 speed!
    I sent 3 emails to DVD Globe with no response.
    Is it worthwhile reporting them for movie piracy?
    (Sydney, Australia)

• Jy
      29th of Mar, 2010

I purchased the dvd set of Punky Brewster last March and have been trying to figure out how I can get ahold of someone for a refund. The set is terrible recording. It was copied from tv land and has the quality of a vcr going bad recording. I cannot even figure out who sent this because it came from over seas from the orient and is all in oriental language. The receipt is anyway. I am very upset that I have not gotten anywhere. I have called the number 778-282-8099 and cannot get anyone. I want a refund. I have been trying for a year to figure this out. If you can help me, my email address is jynjerbear@yahoo.com.