Tv Converter box coupon program / Valid cards denied

Phone: 1-888-DTV-2009

Went to purchase converter boxs on the due date, 10 - 03 and the cards were denied. Recipt printed out from register stating Card Issuer Denied. Cashier had already scanned and bagged my items when the cards were swiped, time was 15 til midnight. The final time and date on my recipt from Wal-Mart was10-03-08, 11:56 pm. Even after a manager tried the cards, voided original sell and rescanned 2 items which were not the converter boxes(2).

Comments

• Ki
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I had a similiar situation. I applied for coupons months ago, I just
    received them 2days ago and they are expired. I was told that they could not send me replacement coupons under any circumstances. This seems very unfair.

• Da
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I work for a public library and I've been trying to help a 70 something patron receive two convertor box coupons he applied for over four months ago and never received. There is not a working phone number to talk to an actual person to explain his situatoin. Everything must be done on the web for this DTV2009 transition and this poor old man has not EVER used a computer before. I have gone way out of my way to try and get him these coupons, he cannot afford to buy the convertor boxes for the full price and will now not be able to watch TV starting February 17th, 2009. Nice job federal government.

3rd of Feb, 2009

Your not the only one that got false or expired coupons. My suggestion is to just get cable.