TV Addicts / DVD Monkey / Rip off!

I wish I had read thr [redacted] first... I was looking to buy the complete series WKRP in Cinncinnati for my husband for Christmas. Everywhere I checked had only the 1st season or out of stock on the series. I ordered from TVAddicts and never got anywhere but processing. I called and emailed, tried the live chat(no answer) so I finally decided that it wasn't coming and found it at DVD Monkey. No where on their website did it appear they were affiliated with TVAddicts until I hit the pay button and the phone number came up... Imagine my surprise when it was exactly the same. So now I have ordered it twice...called several times, emailed even more times and finally given up. I ended up ordering the 1st season from Amazon.com and it appears I now will have to fight with the credit card company also.

Live and Learn... and definitely check the [redacted] first!!

Va

Comments

• Do
      10th of Jan, 2008

I too ordered my husband a gift box set of DVD's... "The Johnny Cash Show".... It was to be a complete box set. My debit card was processed and that was on November 20, 2007 and I still have not received the set I ordered for my husband.

I too was tried to get in touch with the company through telephone calls, e-mails and finally received an 4 emails dated December 26, 2007 stating that the DVD's had been shipped on December 12, with the tracking number from a Canadian Post Office, except there is no such tracking number available. I have cancelled my debit card due to possibility of identiy theift.

I DO NOT RECEMMOND www.tvaddicts.com to anyone that wants to receive what they ordered.

If anyone has ideas of how we can stop this type of behavior from companies like this please feel free to respond.

16th of Jan, 2008

tvaddicts simply took the money and shipped nothing. And they also have the name tvdonkey. Same b.s. artists and now i'll be fighting with the credit card company. Seems like it's vigilante time for these characters.

• Ro
      10th of Mar, 2008

We too got our money stolen (over $110.) from tvaddicts.tv...when my wife tried to surprise me with the complete season of Adam 12...it never ever arrived! I did take take notice that they are doing business under other names such as tvdonkey.tv and I belive tvdvdworld.tv & even more...all emails and phone call attemps have been futile...so get the word out at these so called offical looking websites are frauds. What can we do? call the internet police on 'em.

• Ab
      8th of May, 2008

I was also ripped off. I was shopping online for the Dean Martin Roast series and found it at a resonable price at DVD Monkey through yahoo shopping. Anyhow, the DVD NEVER came, and when I contacted the web site, I got a reply that they never sold that DVD. They processed my credit card when I ordered the DVD. Does anyone have any idea how I get my money back or how these frauds can be stopped?

• Ha
      27th of Jul, 2008

I never received the sanford and son series after paymennt

• Td
      14th of Nov, 2008

I was scammed by tvaddicts.tv. I ordered the complete Bewitched DVD set and my total was $138.49. My credit card was never charged as they said the set was backordered. My credit card information was captured and I am now being charged for all kinds of memberships I didn't apply for. Do not use this company, it is a scam and a costly one at that!!