TV Addicts / DVD Donkey / DVD Avenue / DVD Shop / Fraud

Phone: 760-746-6339

These people go by all the above names, but charge your credit card under the name DVD Shop. I ordered from DVDDonkey. They added a $7 extra charge they didn't tell me about, and never delivered the video I ordered. They never sent the promised confirmation email either. I did get a reply to one email from TVAddicts saying it was back-ordered (after I figured out the incomplete email address the website gave me), but no replies to the the next two emails I sent in reply to the first. The only reason I had any of their contact info was because I printed out the confirmation web page when I ordered. I did call the DVD Donkey phone number and got a representative from DVDAvenue, (who could barely speak English) who promised to refund my credit card, but refused to let me speak to a manager or explain why they had so many different company names. After reading everyone else's complaints I called my mastercard credit card company and cancelled my current card, also had the fraud Dept. knock the charges from DVD Shop off my card (read that company name in another complaint).

Comments

• Mi
      22nd of Dec, 2007

I'm in the same boat as you, I just ordered a product from this company and they also added a $7 charge, having never sent me the confirmation email they promised within 48 hours. Although I placed the order only a week ago, I'm still going to contact my credit card company whether I receive the product or not. On my bank statement, the charge shows a phone number different from the one on their website. It is 1-800-572-6330. I called this phone number and they say in a recording they have a customer service rep available until 6 PM. Well, I just called, and I got a message saying no one is available.

Bottom line, DO NOT order from this company no matter what they say they have on DVD.

• Va
      23rd of Dec, 2007

I totally agree with the complaints I've read! Sadly, my nephew is going to be very disappointed on Christmas Day. I am filing a complaint with my credit card company immediately. Thanks for speaking out... you helped me realize that what I suspected about this company's poor business practices is in fact true... THEY ARE BOGUS!!!

• Ne
      14th of Feb, 2008

I have had the same experience as above. It's really identical down to the backorder. It's been two months now and I am going to process this as a fraud.

• Pe
      14th of Feb, 2008

I ordered a dvd set from the dvd store on 11/28/07. I did not receive them until after 12/28/07. Tried playing them in dvd player and they would not play. The disc set had 17 discs and none of them would play unless played in PC dvd player. After playing all discs I had found that 5 of the 17 discs were duplicates of others and 3 discs would not play at all. I wrote to the DVD Store to inform them of this and their response was " I am sorry you were shipped a defective set, please send us your order number and we will send you a new set. That was 01/05/08, I have sent them 2 more emails receiving no emails back.

VERY DISAPPOINTING!!

• Al
      19th of May, 2008

I ordered A dvd set from the TVDVD Store on 5/4/08 and received them today. They are totally homemade bootleg copies with the TV Land logo in the bottom right hand side of the screen. The picture quality as you can imagine is terrible.
    I have emailed them, but completely don't expect to hear from them. I have also contacted my credit card company and they charges have not been made to my card, so now I have to watch my card for a while.
    My best advice is DO NOT order anything from TVDVD Store...they are criminals!