TV Addicts / DVD Avenue and other assorted names / fraudulent credit card activity

Canada Review updated:

This company is BAD NEWS. Received email that credit card could not be verfied and to place order again. Received email that item was 'back ordered' and credit card would not be charged.

4 days later receive call from my credit card company about numerous charges to my credit card over a variety of web sites, none of them by me [and one of them by this company - after TWICE telling me they couldn't make the charge AND wouldn't try to charge until the item became available]. Thankfully the credit card company caught on to the fraudulent activity and blocked the card from further charges.

Stay away from this company and all its alias names. The domain is registered through a company based in the Ukraine so good luck with that.
He

Comments

He
  14th of Aug, 2008
names this company may go by:

www.tvaddicts.tv
www.dvdavenue.tv
www.dvdcraze.tv
www.dvddonkey.com

Others have had no success with their contact number 18007871219 but I was able to reach a "live" person to cancel my order. Whether that will actually be done remains to be seen.
Mi
  28th of Aug, 2008
I ordered the Mary Tyler Moore series and am very happy with my purchase. I received them in a timely manner and ordered them from tvaddicts.tv

Sure they are recorded off the TV, but the quality is high and grain free, the sound is good and the comercials are edited out. They also have a good index where you can choose your episode.
Ja
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I totally agree with the original caveat about this company.

Beware! The people @ www.tvaddicts.tv not only took our order, but also took it upon themselves to go on a spending spree with our CC.
Thankfully, the stolen purchases were stopped and the companies where the orders were placed told us to go to the police department to report a fraudalent internet website & file felony charges for stolen CC use...when the purchases arrive at whomever's address on which our CC was used, the local police will be standing beside the mailman!