TV ad / verizon ad

I am so angered and disgusted by a verizon ad I have seen 2 times today on TV The ad depicts one woman shooting a dart into the neck of another woman ---no wonder our society is full of violence, what does this teach? We recently discontinued our Verizon phone service, and if we hadn't I would do so now. What are you thinking?? oh, excuse me, Someone who pays for an ad like that is too stupid to think.

Ka

Comments

• Ro
      30th of Nov, 2008

I SO TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! I tried calling Verizon after having to endure this ad TWICE and they said that the supervisor doesn't handle "complaints of this nature" and to check online...I have never been so sickened by a TV ad in my life - first of all the total picture of 2 girls fighting over who wins the "last phone in the store" and then to show a dart stabbing the girl in the neck is OUTRAGEOUS!!! Who would create such a vicious ad and moreover how would it have been allowed to air on TV in the FIRST PLACE!!! Someone needs to pull that ad...NOW!!!

• Ad
      1st of Dec, 2008

I am so glad to see that there are other thinking people out there who have responded to the "dart in the neck" ad as I did. I sent an email to Verizon Wireless less than a week ago and I was stunned (in a positive way) to have received a call from them this evening, stating that they were sending my complaint on to the CEO and that they would try to have the ad pulled. The woman who called me had not actually seen the ad, but was appalled at the content I'd reported. The ad is really shameful!

• Ba
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I was researching about this ad and came to this posting - myself and a friend are very disturbed as well. Violent, not funny, mean spirited, hard to watch and really out of touch. How long before some copy-cat kid blows a dart of sorts into the neck of his friend. I am a big fan of creative ads - even worked int eh business before - we laugh out loud at most.

This is really amazing to me that this got by so many approvals including teh client Verizon..get a grip Verizona and ad aency!!!

I will pursue further complaints locally with TV stations.

• Bi
      15th of May, 2009

I am also wondering what Verizon thought about when they started showing the ad about the Candy Sprinkles. This advertisement tells young people that it's okay to destroy property that doesn't belong to them like the guy who dumps the jar of sprinkles all over the counter and on the floor. That didn't belong to him and he destroyed it. We have too much disrespect in this country regarding other people's property already and we don't need to show any more on TV. Schools need to teach respect. Kids today don't know what it means.

• So
      24th of May, 2009

Wow, I've never seen this ad before, but I can't believe that a company as well-known as Verizon would air something that crude. I completely agree that content of this nature in the media is already way too prominent, and for a phone company to promote this kind of behavior is to me, sickening. I regularly speak out against things in the media which demonstrate violence or intolerance of others, and this is no different. I just continue to keep losing faith in society because of absurdities like this. I pray that soon we'll see Verizon's advertising company and others like it will reduce the amount of violent/sexist/racist/homophobic content in their ads. It's good to see people like you all speaking out against this sort of thing. It's very inspiring.

• Pa
      3rd of Jun, 2009

If I still had Verizon, I would cancel just based on the 'Sprinkles' ad. That idiot dumping the candy is so @#$% stupid I can't watch and immediately change channels whenever it appears. Anybody that signed off on that ad campaign needs to be fired.

10th of Jun, 2009

Are you complaining for complaints sake? If these things really, honestly bother you, then you need to really get a life!

If the dumping of sprinkles bothers you, what about the Boston Tea Party? We dumped 90, 000 pounds of tea into the harbor. Did that act cause children of the era to stop respecting other peoples property?

Let's keep things in perspective.

A dart in the neck is disturbing to you, but did you complain when they constantly showed the Twin Towers fall or the Shuttle accident?

Is it what you consider a disturbing image, or that someone is making money off what you consider a disturbing image?

• So
      10th of Jun, 2009

Are you replying on a complaints forum for the sake of being an ###? What do you care if a group of strangers on the internet have an opinion about a television ad? What's it to you? Do you cruise the internet looking for boards such as these upon which to post your senseless and irrelevant rants about how people like us "have no life?"

So lets take a look at a new perspective. Hypocrisy? You're telling us to get a life for raising opposition to a legitimate issue regarding things that are displayed in media, yet you're spending time flaming random people for having an opinion about something. If you're THAT affected by a complete stranger's opinion about something that you don't really care one way or another, then not only are you a hypocritical ###, who just embarrassed himself by posting such valueless nonsense, but it now seems that YOU are the one who needs to get a life. [censored].

If you're going to be a dick on the internet, at least do it properly, like I just did. Your hypocritical point is completely invalid, and lacking in credibility. You're obviously worthless and rightfully insecure, or you wouldn't be trying to belittle others who did absolutely nothing to YOU. Take your ### somewhere else.

5th of Dec, 2009

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ###in am so sick and tired of alchohol ads stop promoting things that kill hundreds of thousands of people u ###in ###s

5th of Dec, 2009

sssssssssssttttttttttooooooooooopppppppppp promoting addds for alcohol it kills thousands of inoccent familys and children and harms hundreds of thousands of people in violent crimes u ###in stupid ###s what are u ### holes thinking u shoud all be killed

5th of Dec, 2009

i cant even watch tv w out some stupid ### alcohol ad coming on every 2 ###in seconds seriously, , , , , u sound like a nerdy ### nerd face lol so go drink and drive and do us all a favore, im pretty sure i dont have to elaborate on that

5th of Dec, 2009

try legalizing something wwwwaaaaayyyyy lessss deadly like weed u ###in moolies