Turkish Airlines / unresolved issue

To: Turkish Airlines

From: Nicoleta Achim
nachim7@gmail.com
[protected]
"Authenticity is not something we find, it is in us all the time."

Subject: Complaint
TK-749535, Nov. 24, 2017
TK-749535 #S1-726258#, Nov. 27, 2017
TK-766032##, Dec. 1, 2017
TK-766032 #S1-755862#

Dear Sir. Bilal Ekşi -

From the bottom of my heart I am sending to you this letter reflecting long time unresolved issue. I am asking, for your awareness in reevaluating this case that Turkish airline representative couldn't resolve it.

Further to my email of Nov. 24, 2017, I have yet to have any satisfactory answers.

On November 24, 2017 I was returning to my home in Los Angeles from Bucharest, Romania with a stop in Istanbul, Turkey to change planes and continue my journey home. The flight was delayed and arrived 16 minutes late, thus missing the connecting flight from Istanbul to Los Angeles requiring an overnight stop. At the time I purchased my ticket, I requested a wheelchair because I had recently had surgery on my right foot and was unable to walk unassisted.

When our flight was late on 24th of February 2017, while I was travelling with my fiancé, Bogdan Velciu we were issued a visa to travel into the city and we were taken to a good hotel where we had a good room, and good food.

This time, I was travelling alone and I was refused a visa, and no wheelchair was provided, nor did anyone offer to find me one. Instead, I was taken to a room where there were military-style beds placed closely together. There were fifty people from all over the world, all ages - men, women and children. It was impossible to sleep in this situation because of the noise of all the people coming and going, snoring, crying children, etc. and I didn't feel secure with all the movement in that room. Also, the mixture of different colognes and perfumes, perspiration, plus the odors of people travelling and no facilities for showering or bathing, made it impossible for me to breathe because I suffer from various allergies. Then there was the problem of the restrooms being a five minute walk from the sleeping facility - clearly I was challenged by this because I didn't have a wheelchair and couldn't walk easily.

We were given meal vouchers - also not close to the sleeping facilities, so again, I was forced to walk - with much difficulty with no wheelchair, to get to the food court. Once there, the food was inedible, and I was forced find other meal options on my own.

All in all, a very unsatisfactory experience and Turkish Airlines did not live up to their promise of a pleasant travel experience and definitely not much friendly assistance from the airline representatives in that airport!

A few months earlier when I was travelling with my fiancé, and we missed our connection because our flight was late, the assistance we received was very different than my experience in November. I feel that I was discriminated against because I was a woman travelling alone and I wish to be compensated for the inconvenience I suffered.
Please pay attention to your loyal customers and to this case because this happen to me but tomorrow it may happen to your family, and I perceive that you are not going to like it.
I will send this letter to your CEO, your sponsors, and media.. This is not a good business vibration for your reputation. I look forward to your reply.
I would like to have closure on this issue.

Best regards,
Nicoleta Achim

Here is your respons to the incident on 24th of February 2017

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:50 AM, "customer2@thy.com" wrote:

Dear Velciu BOGDAN,
We have received your message dated 4th of August 2017.
Firstly, we ask for you to accept our regret at the unpleasant situation you have experienced, and we apologize for not getting you to the final destination on your ticket on time.
In the case that one of our flights is delayed, we facilitate free-of-charge the transport of our passengers who have not been able to make it to the connecting flight listed on the same ticket to the final destination listed on their ticket.
In our investigation, it has been determined that on 24th of February 2017, your TK1044 Bucharest / Istanbul flight was operated with a 9-minute delay due to 6 minutes of late arrival of aircraft from previous sector and 3 minutes of air traffic control capacity, which misconnected you from your transfer flight TK0009 Istanbul / Los Angeles operated on the same day. Accordingly, your reservation was changed to facilitate your journey via the same flight a day later on 25th of February 2017.
As a compensation, an EMD with the number [protected] and the amount of 600 Euros has been issued on 23th of August, 2017.
In relation with this; the conditions of the EMD is as follows:
- The amount on the EMD can be refunded within 1 year from the issue date, through the nearest Turkish Airlines sales office. In the course of exchange procedure while refunding, differences might occur due to exchange rate disparity.
- According to your prefer, you may use the EMD in Turkish Airlines' flights within one year from the issue date.
- This EMD is valid only on Turkish Airlines' flights. It is non- transferable to another person and any name change is not permitted.
- The validity of the EMD is one year from the date of issue.
You may also visit the following link at Turkish Airlines website in order to find the nearest Sales Office:
As we facilitate our guests' travels, we also wish to welcome you as hosts with great quality of service and professional staff. With hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels, we are respectfully yours.
Yours Sincerely,
Ulas Can C.
Turkish Airlines Inc.
Customer Contact Center

Dear Nicoleta ACHIM,
First of all, we would like to kindly inform you that, the inconvenience you have already experienced deeply saddens us, too.
As is the case in every other industry, unexpected issues may occur in the aviation industry, too, and we would like to share with you the fact that some of these happen outside our control.
In our investigation, we have determined that TK1044 Bucharest to Istanbul on 24th of February 2017 was conducted with 6 minutes late arrival of aircraft from another flight or previous sector and 3 minutes ATC restrictions delay. In regard to this, we tried to reschedule your ticket with the next alternative flight as the procedure indicates and that you facilitate your journey.

Below you can check the details of the EMD, have been issued by Turkish Airlines Customer Care;
EMD Number :[protected]
Amount : 29 Euros for visa fee
EMD has been issued on 26th of July 2017.
EMD Number :[protected]
Amount : 2477.28 Turkish Liras
EMD has been issued on 28th of July 2017.
In relation with this; the conditions of the EMD is as follows:

permitted.

We apologize once again for the inconvenience, and with hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels, we are respectfully yours.
Best Regards,