Turkish Airlines — baggage damage items missing
1. I inducted to the UNIFIL, Lebanon on 23 Jul 2014 via route Delhi – Istanbul – Beirut on Turkish Airways (scanned copy of baggage slips attached). The details of the Flights are as under:-
(a) Delhi – Istanbul – TK 717
(b) Istanbul – Beirut – TK 824
2. On my arrival at Beirut I noticed that two hatches (locks) of my Samsonite suitcase (pictures attached) were broken, apparently with a deliberate effort and intent. Some of the items packed in it were also missing. I found a slip attached to the belly of the suitcase acknowledging the damage. The slip apparently was attached in Istanbul by the ground staff handling the baggage.
3. I registered a complaint with the Baggage handling department at Beirut Airport. A receipt of the same was given (reference BEYTK15215) also attached. However, they advised me to contact Turkish Airways. The office of the Turkish Airways at the airport was closed and it was informed that it would open at 1200 Hrs midnight. In addition the helpline Number provided did not respond. After all my efforts failed, I proceeded to report to UNIFIL in Naqourah.
4. It is requested that a complaint of the same be raised with the Turkish Airlines and damage incurred be reimbursed, besides conduct of an inquiry into the matter.
More Turkish Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Turkish Airlines - compensation for lost baggage 
- Turkish Airlines - customer relations department 
- Turkish Airlines - missing luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - lost luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - baggage lost 
- Turkish Airlines - rescheduled flight without compensation
- Turkish Airlines - damaged luggage
- Turkish Airlines - broken luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - offload from boarding gate after issue a boarding pass. 
- Turkish Airlines - baggage delay