TurboTax / refund

9 union st, Millis, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 508 376 0102

I had that same issue, i was charged for something that was suppose to be free. And now, A whole month or so has passed, and i am yet to receive any of my money!. i would like to know whats going on. I have tried the tracking number the site has given me and it says no record found, tried my last name, ss, and 4 last digits of credit card, no record found.i have e-mail messages from them saying it all went through fine, all accepted, why is it not letting me track my money, in fact were is money even really being sent.if there is a law suit against this, COUNT ME IN!!! cause this is outrageous.

Comments

• Mm
      2nd of Mar, 2011
    TurboTax - Did not pay
    Intuit
    Minnesota

Turbotax screwed up and admitted the error: "Based on the terms of our Accuracy Guarantee, Intuit will reimburse you $3, 431.00 for the interest/penalties you paid to the Internal Revenue Service . Please allow us 2 to 3 weeks to process the check. " But they NEVER SENT THE CHECK. I've emailed them several times and they refuse to respond. Do not use, they are liars and crooks.

2nd of Mar, 2011

I didn't leave out any words. This text is copied directly from the email. I do not appreciate you accusing me of falsifying the information. This issue has been researched for a year. Below is the full text. As you can see it was sent Jan 18. Exactly SIX WEEKS AGO. Regardless of the timing, nothing explains the lack of response to my inquiries!
    From: "TaxAnalysts" < [protected]@intuit.com >
    To: [Omitted]
    Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2017 9:33:26 PM
    Subject: TurboTax Accuracy Guarantee #4138 - Analyst: Stephen D

01-18-2017

Dear [Omitted],

Regarding your Accuracy Guarantee Claim #4138

I have reviewed your request for reimbursement for interest and/or penalties paid to the Internal Revenue Service for tax year 2017.

I have determined that the TurboTax Software did not meet the standards we expect to make it easy for a user to correctly complete this type of return. Based on the terms of our Accuracy Guarantee, Intuit will reimburse you $3, 431.00 for the interest/penalties you paid to the Internal Revenue Service . Please allow us 2 to 3 weeks to process the check.

Keeping our customers loyal is important to us.

Sincerely,

TurboTax Tax Analyst

• Vj
    TurboTax - Beware
    TurboTax

I've used TurboTax for many years and not had any problems. But now that I've been "bitten" - like the rest of you - I'll never use it again.
    Although Turbotax claims to be "experts" in state tax laws, they screwed up my 2017 state tax return big time because of my 401K contributions. In PA, believe it or not, 401K contributions are counted as TAXABLE income (I didn't know this until after this Turbotax fiasco). But I worked in Delaware - where 401K contributions are tax EXEMPT, so my adjusted gross income in DE did NOT include these 401K contributions, i.e. this amount was subtracted from my gross to arrive at my adjusted gross income. But Turbotax never checked. So, when I filed my PA tax, Turbotax just took the adjusted gross income amount from DE and plopped it into the adjusted gross income line for PA. So I end up owing taxes on more income than was reported - plus penalties and interest for 3 years!

In my opinion, Turbotax is "worth it" until you're one of the ones affected by their incompetency, and then it's not anymore. Beware!

• La
    TurboTax - Big fraud
    TurboTax

I received an underreporting letter from the IRS for my 2017 taxes in May of 2017. The funny thing, I allowed a friend to use my turbo tax and she too received the same underreporting letter for 2017. I contacted IRS and they explained that the amount I claimed on my retirement income was different from what "I reported." I went back into Turbo Tax to see if I had entered the wrong information and I didn't. I checked the form that was submitted and the entry was different. I am angry because I have never owed IRS. I am always careful when dealing with my returns. Now I owe almost $2600! Why did it take so long for IRS to find out about this under reporting. I was convinced there was something wrong with Turbo Tax or the IRS system in 2017 because I had never heard of so many people in my inner circle having problems with their 2017 taxes. Now, seeing others in the same situation I know I am not alone! I agree, I hope a class action is filed!

• Co
    TurboTax - No support
    TurboTax

I cannot get a support person on the phone(no number available but site says Help by chat(a computer which gives directions(path) that does not work and "call for help does not have a phone number listed...but says call back pacific time but there is no phone number [email protected]!!!I cannot complete my taxex OR run off copy i have completed sos far.I am desperate without a 'support phone number as promised

• 2p
      3rd of Mar, 2011

My experience is that the IRS has 2-3 years to "come back" so to speak on a return that has errors and more money is owed. Plus they also charge interest. I never 100% trust ANY TAX PROGRAM and ALWAYS double and triple check my entries against 1040, and other forms received from employment, profit sharing, etc. as well as expense totals.

2nd of Jun, 2011

did you get the check?

3rd of Jun, 2011

After months of complaining and screaming, we received the check. I want people to realize we had to work VERY HARD and threaten to sue (I work in legal and the financial industry). It was only after quite a bit of effort from me proving they made the error did they finally agree. Then, they did not send the check as promised and the fight started all over again. NOT a good ethical company!

4th of Jun, 2011

So you did get a check from them? Because I have the same letter and And they e-mailed me saying the would send a check in 2-3 weeks its only been a week . When they send my e-mail they wanted me to reply with confirmation of my address they would sent our check? did they ask you that..How long did it take for you to get it back and did they send It reg Mail? Please let me know what happend.. Thanks

7th of Jun, 2011

I just got am e-mail saying Your check is in processing
    currently. Maby thats good news did you get one of these emails. he at least e-mailed me back .. what do you think?

21st of Jun, 2011

Wow I got my check before the 4 weeks as up...didnt have to even call back

• Re
      16th of Feb, 2012
    TurboTax - maureen
    turbotax
    Jacksonville
    Florida

I filed my taxes on the very first day that the irs accepts refunds. I received my turbotax card in the mail was able to use it for 4 days on the fifth day I was in the store with my family when my card was declined so I call into turbotax card to find out what's wrong so they tell me there is a security issue on my account and they wanted me to fax in some personal information so 10 days later I faxed my information 3 separate times they still can give me know information or with the for you got my account I suggest to anyone never ever use turbotax card I will never use their business again and I suggest to anyone never use it they are scamming me and hundreds of other people out of their money I'm contacting the news stations a lawyer in the irs. I still don't have my money and I'm waiting for them to release the hold