Tuneup Utilities / Contaminates your computer

1 US Review updated:
Phone: 312 -- 962 -- 9996

Don't download this system into your computer! Go out of your way to verify what i'm saying to be true here.
Last week i downloaded a free sample of tuneup utilities to clean up my computer because my computer was a little slow. My computer asked me to allow it to make changes to my hard drive, i trustingly allowed it. After i installed it i did notice my computer work a lot faster because it apparently cleaned up something in my computer. Then, the next day my computer became slow and sluggish again. Why? Did the engineers design the system so that once it's in your computer it will keep allowing problems to occur until you purchase their product?! Then, a pop up suggested i buy this system now but, it forgot to say "if you don't purchase it now your computer will keep having problems because we made it so that those problems will keep coming back even worse than they were before. " that is what seems to have happened with my computer now. My computer is much slower and sluggish than it was before i downloaded their free trial. It's obvious to me they had done something to my computer to make my problems worse. Now i'm trying to remove the system from my computer and no matter how much i delete everything i can their "buy this product now" keeps popping up! At first, it sounded like a useful product. But what they don't tell you is how much more it will slow your computer down forcing you to purchase their product. I'm trying to believe it's not true but everything indicates to me i am correct on what it's doing to my computer.
Please reconsider downloading the system into your computer no matter how many approval stars appear on their website.

Comments

• Th
      Nov 10, 2012

I have one policy - I don't buy software before checking if there's a reputable alternative freeware, there always is so I guess you can say I almost don't buy software.

Now you have been infected with most likely malware, etc.
    run these antimalware freeware instead of paying $$ to a geek to run the same stuff.
    AdAware,
    Spybot,
    ccleaner
    either Spyware blaster or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    then defrag (In start->accessories->system tools)
    If you are to spend $$ buy sandboxie. It creates a sandbox or a quarantined space in your HDD wherein you run your programs especially web browsers, etc. If anything is downloaded it cannot infect your pc since it is quaratined. When you close sandboxie or pc everything in the Q/Box is deleted, your pc is still intact. Smart, huh!

Nov 10, 2012

If you are to install anything don't click on those ads which appear on websites, go to site like majorgeeks.com, softpedia, tucows. Make sure it's freeware and read other people's experiences. But the ones I gave you are good and very popular for a good reason.

Nov 10, 2012

As for antivirus use any of these Antivir, Avast or AVG. They are very effective and free.
    Personally I don't have an antvirus since i started using sandboxie four years ago, there's no website i have ever gone to and picked up crap that later caused issues since then. It just falls off like it's on teflon or something.

Nov 13, 2012

Thanks for your help everyone! I was able to remove their system completely from my computer after I call them and complained like hell. And then after I removed it completely from my computer guess what happened? My computer start working a lot faster! I will never trust any programming offered by Canada nor the UK! Take advantage of me in any way and you're in the trashcan, permanently!

• Su
      Nov 17, 2012

My issue is I can not completely de-insall Activeris AntiMalware. Even when I use McAfee shred, when I restart the computer it is back.

Nov 17, 2012

Google people, Google. Anyway here is your solution

• Id
      Jan 02, 2013

this is true, before installing this tune-up utilities trial version my system was faster but now very slow.

Jun 01, 2013

I agree fully on all the above problems with Tuneup utilities, the only difference is that i cannot uninstall this virus (tuneup)
    It is so unfair that they force themselves unto the public and then computer and against my will and no uninstall action available like other programs. please help me to get rid of this for good!!!

• Je
      Sep 04, 2013
    tuneup utilities - no use for me
    no company
    India

i do not use the clever bridge software, so i kindly request to stop my clever bridge account