Tullys Coffee Corporation / Needs to use better chocolate

Well, this complaint is slightly silly, but since it would be great to have another successful coffee chain besides Starbucks, I offer it as feedback.

The Tully's mocha is not good. I don't have them often but like to have a good mocha. And Tully's unfortunately makes the worst mocha on the planet. The chocolate is the problem. It taste like chocolate syrup of the lowest quality -- and this from a guy with an unsophisticated palette.

Easy fix -- upgrade the chocolate syrup.

Ad

Comments

• Sw
      28th of May, 2010

I work at Tully's Coffee. We use Ghiradelli Chocolate syrup, which isn't the best chocolate in the world, but it is much better than Hershey's and commercial chocolates. Most places use powdered chocolate, which personally I hate. I drink Starbucks, Coffee Bean, Peets, etc. on my days off. I think each Mocha is different, some are grittier than others.

You might like the Intense Dark Mocha, which is made with dark chocolate Ghiradelli chips, it taste much creamier. Or maybe you just prefer the Very Sweet Hershey's chocolate.

4th of Jun, 2010

I have bought three sandwiches at different tully's branches in Umeda, Osaka Japan. They all looked attractive and fully filled but upon opening the sanwiches; they were virtually empty of ingredients, only enough filling was placed in the center to make the sandwich appear full along the line the sandwich is cut. On all three occasions I showed the sandwiches to staff members they appeared unable to understand the complaint as it was a completely "normal sandwich" for them. I will never buy sandwiches in Tully's again. I have tasted some of the best food in the world in Japan. Japanese consumers are pretty astute when it comes to food; does an organisation that allows such "cheap tricks" have much future in a world recession?