Tube Cut Full Flavor/Gambler / Half the product for double the price

1 711 S Maple Island RdMuskegon, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2315785279

I have been smoking Gambler tobacco for 10 years.
I found it a better product than premade cigarettes
However When I purchased my last bag when I got home i dawned on me tat it was HALF te amount for double the price.

I WAS buying 6oz bags and the bag i got TUBE CUT was only 3oz...
I am very disapointed...
it cost me $17.99 plus tax for a 3oz bag..
and that 3oz will NOT match the 200 tubes..which means i wil have to purchase ANOTHER 3 oz bag at $17.99 plus tax to make one carton..

There is something seriously WRONG with this ...
I do NOT wnat to go back to buying premade cigaretts.
Please I know YOU have the ability to lower the price...
or YOU WILL loose 10's of millions of customers...ME being one of them

Comments

• Li
      5th of May, 2009

Ok, the taxes on tobacco went up and cigarettes and tobacco are obsecenly priced right now, I agree, they DO have the ability to lower their prices a bit and they should. I have stopped buying gambler tobacco as well, I used to order lbs of it at a time, no more, searched and found a better value for my $ but still expensive, would prefer my gambler tobacco but can't afford it any more. They already lost my business.

24th of May, 2009

Sounds like consumer error to me. You realize Gambler Tube Cut is a fairly new product and different than the Gambler rolling tobacco you're used to? Regardless...consumer error. After all, who decided to buy the 3oz bag for $17.99 plus tax?

I just picked up my first bag of Tube Cut, a 1.5oz bag for $7.99 plus tax. Yes, I agree its a pricey product and I experienced a little bit of sticker shock. However, you need to remember Tube Cut is not your typical rolling tobacco. It's a "puffed" tobacco (like puffed rice) and very moist. You're not going to use as much per cigarette compared to what you're used to.

I stand to make about 4 packs of kings with this 1.5oz bag...slightly overstuffed mind you. I'm still not used to the fact I need less Tube Cut to inject my tubes. In retrospect you probably got more cigarettes out of that 3oz bag of Tube Cut in comparison to other rolling tobaccos, even regular cut Gambler.

24th of May, 2009

BTW, you did NOT get half the product for double the price. You expected 6oz for $18. You got 3oz for the price you expected to pay for 6oz. For your comment to be true you would have had to pay $32 for 3oz when expecting 6oz for $18.

8th of Jul, 2009

I paid $32.99 for an 8 oz. package today, it can currently be purchased online for about $27. I don't know yet if what has been said about getting more packs out of 8 oz. with the tube cut but I do know this so far. One cigarette packed with the amount of tobacco that would have 8 oz. producing more packs lasts little more than 2 minutes. I haven't purchased a regular pack in quite some time and when I did I bought 100's but it seems to me they lasted 5-7 minutes the way I smoke. I'm almost to the point where Im going to think it may be more cost effective to buy off-brand generics pre-made. I have 16 oz bags of another brand headed my way, I'll have to see if one of those rolled with a bugler machine last longer than 2 minutes.

10th of Jul, 2009

2 minutes 28 seconds for a Gambler Tube Cut cigarette, 5 minutes for Diamond Brand. $32.99 for the 8 oz. Gambler, $39.99 for the 16 oz. Diamond. I'm only going to take a stab at this but it appears it would cost $100 give or take to get as much smoking time out of a $32.99 Gambler vs. the $39.99 Diamond. Don't consider the number of cigs that can be made with 8 oz. of the tube cut vs. what you could get out of the former 16 oz. standard as it's smoke & mirrors, no pun intended.

14th of Jul, 2009

Just got Some Checker 16 oz. bags of full flavor @$39.99 ea. Although it appears to be lacking in flavor unless it's an aquired taste after an immediate change from another brand or I'm thowing too much tobacco in the machine rolling it too tight, one lasts 5 minutes the way I smoke which once again, when compared to a Gambler Tube Cut is twice as long give or take a couple of seconds.

9th of Aug, 2009

I agree with what you say, it's all they sell around here now. :( I am paying $47 for 8oz. bag of tube cut. I used to pay $27 for a 16oz bag of Stokers. The last bag of tube cut I got most have been what came off the floor, not leafy at all and keeps jamming up the cig maker. The jacks at the tobacco store said that the 8oz. of the tube cut would make just as many cigs as the old 16oz bag would make. NOT TRUE! I could go on and on but I can't think strait now.

• Ke
      27th of Aug, 2009

I agree the prices of RYO have gone out of sight but am glad that in SC the prices are still in the low $20.00 range. I just got an *oz Gambler tube cut bag for $21.50 while a 6 oz can of Top was $28.95. I roll with filters and papers using a hand roller. I got five hundred smokes rolled out of that 8 oz bag v only 225 out of a can of Top or Bugler. before the tax hike my cans were $9.00 and the bags were just available for $7.99. the fact that they say the taxes will be used for the health care of children is in my opinion an out right lie. A Bag of Gambler full flavour says that congress will vote themselves raises soon.

I am about to fight back and force my insurance to buy my tobacco as it is used in place of the $156.00 nerve med's I'm on that don't stop the jitters where my smokes do. But also when the roads begin to get rough around here they will think about the fact that many smokers have switched to rabbit tobacco. What bit my butt was the fact that Name-brand cartons only rose up a bit like $.00 a carton in price while my RYO doubled and I still have to buy papers and filters. I believe that Republic Tobacco along with the others need to get together and fight for the rights of the smoker and farmers who will soon find their funds too low to live not including the truckers out there who will have to worry about being hi-jacked for their loads of tobacco and/or cigarettes.

I pulled one load of tobacco from Ga and was a nervous wreck until I got to the yard, I drove straight through 26 hours and doctored my logs as I was sure that i was being followed from the pick-up site. I only stopped at the scales for pee breaks and kept going knowing the people wouldn't rob me with DOT and Highway patrol around. Yeah I got a log violation for it but to me a $300.00 fine by the company was better than paying for the multi-million dollar load or having to get my truck fixed. The government cares not for the people but only for themselves.

• 28
      10th of Jan, 2010

golden harvest www.smokersoutletonline.com

• Ga
      25th of Mar, 2013

The worst tobacco ever..I tried it because of the TUBE CUT label... This tobacco tastes awful and burns awful. When it burns it burns extremely fast and only half the cigarette(The long way). You get only 3 drags from the cigarette when half the tube is burned down to the filter and the other half is still lit. This is an awful product...STAY AWAY FROM IT

• St
      8th of Aug, 2014

I can see when making my cigarettes that yes tube cut fills tubes faster and easier but as far as smoking them its like a magic trick. One minute its there, next minute its gone. They burn ridiculously fast.