Tu Sei Bella Salon / Great Lengths / Hair extensions!

1 Glenshaw, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 412-767-5390

I found Marilyn Jorgenson through her website as I was searching for a qualified and professional hair stylist that was experienced in hair extensions. Needless to say, a $1, 200 lesson is enough to use this terrible experience as a teaching tool for consumers that are interested in visiting this salon. Marilyn is part owner of Tu Sei Bella Salon & Spa in Glenshaw. She was friendly before receiving her money. However, when I began to question as to why my hair extensions were falling out in a months time, my phone calls and e-mails were not returned. Keep in mind that Marilyn promised me at the consultation that the average wear for Great Lengths hair extensions was 4-6 months. I used all the products needed and followed the directions given for taking care of them, yet I was denied any type of refund for only getting 1 months wear out of them. I kept a record of the dates that I tried to reach her by phone or e-mail. I also took a video and pictures of the condition my hair was in only after a month. I have my husband, a detective, as a witness to her false statements and unprofessional treatment that was received after finally reaching her. She had the nerve to tell me, "You can complain until the cows come home." As far as I'm concerned, I will use all that I have to make sure other consumers are aware of these so called professionals that believe that there is nothing we can do to be heard. This is only the beginning!!! I will be sharing my video on YouTube.

Comments

Ma
  14th of May, 2008

I have been doing hair extensions for over 12 years, am certified with 4 top name companies and have been recently chosen to have an exclusive with another company pioneering an innovative technique. My repeat extension clientele base is over 500 and 126 clients have been regular wearers for over 6 years. Referral from my clients as well as the support of my companies speaks for my professionalism.

This women fails to mention that when she had returned for the required two week check up I gave her 35 free bonds because I felt she needed a little more. She did not lose any at that time which indicates all had bonded. She also fails to mention when she complained saying she had lost 20 I brought her in and ask her to bring the extensions with her. She only brought 13. I again gave her 25 more free extensions. This was Valentines Day two months from application and was the normal amount of lose for fine hair strands. This was explained to her at consultation.

She e-mailed and called excessively. I did my best to answer, but when someone asks the same question over and over, it is clear they are not listening to the answer, and so I quit trying. Because I take great pride in satisfying my clients I gave away $540.00 worth of hair more than half the cost which was $1070.00 not 1200.00 (as women claimed ) just to keep her happy. My lesson learned, is some people are never happy, and the red flags are:
1 - When this women’s 1 hour free consultation took 3 hours!
2 - When this women begged to have her color done prior to application of extensions. A stylist on staff did it for her and it was “too” dark. Next day, Christmas Eve my partner (a color specialist) redid it for her and it was“too red”. Then I did it for her a third time!! (All free I might add) Also, it was Christmas week, we were booked solid, and we accommodated her. I feel this speaks volumes about our customer services!

My last comment is that I NEVER promised her extensions would last 4 to 6 months. I am clear to all my clients that they can last Up to 4 months for fines, and Up to 6 months for standards. Everyone’s own natural fall out hair is different, and there is no way to know. This woman had fines.
I am sad that I was unable to please her however only one complaint in 12 years is still a great accomplishment.

Je
  15th of May, 2008

I feel that this complaint seems more of a personal attack to me then a '1, 200' dollar lesson as she calls it. I have worked in the hair industry for several years and have personally worked with several different types of hair extentions. To have fall out is normal. There is not a stylist out there that can put in a full head of extentions and guarentee that EVERY SINGLE ONE is going to stay in your head. THEY WILL FALL OUT. It is a normal process that the hair goes through. I feel that this particular case was no different except that the client had extreme expectations. You cannot please everyone but i feel Marilyn did above and beyond what a lot of salons would have done. This woman should feel lucky that she even recieved the amount of care that she did. Considering this is the only complaint posted here, I would say that this salon is doing pretty well.

Am
  15th of May, 2008

As a former client of Marilyn's i was appalled when i was resaerching her new salon and came across this blog. I wore extensions in my hair for 4 months as a growing out process of my own hair. Marliyn exceded my expectations making me feel very special. She also gave free hair to me when i had lost some extenions after about a month and a half. I myself have fine hair and was explained to in my consulation that lossing some of my extensions was going to happen if they were not taken care of properly. In the 4 months that i wore the great lengths extensions the staff of women who work with Marilyn did everything they could to make my experience great. In two weeks i will be getting my extensions back in, i am very excited and cannot wait to see Marilyn again.

Ka
  22nd of May, 2008

I recently got Great Lengths extensions through Marilyn and am shocked at this attack on her and Tu Sei Bella. Before getting my extensions, I spent quite a bit of time on Marilyn's website, which has a great FAQ section that clearly states that extensions may last UP TO 4-6 months, but that individual results vary. When I went for my consultation with Marilyn, she again stressed to me that because I said I "shed" a lot, my extensions may not last as long. When I went back again to get my extensions, Marilyn AGAIN reminded me that my extensions may not last as long as other people's. She made sure to answer any questions that I had. Not only that, but when I e mailed her with a question, she immediately got back to me and inquired about how I was doing with my extensions.

In my several trips to Tu Sei Bella, I have also had the opportunity to meet some of Marilyn's regular extensions clients. They all seem THRILLED with what Marilyn has done for them and with the overall level of service at Tu Sei Bella. In my own experience, I have found EVERYONE at Tu Sei Bella to be friendly, polite, courteous, and professional.

Oh--and my extensions look GREAT!

Ja
  27th of May, 2008

I have been a satisfied customer of Marilyn's for several years. I have thin (fine) hair and can identify with the woman having the frustration of losing some extensions. However, I must respectfully question her comments directed toward Marilyn and her evaluation thereof. As I was reading this customer's comments that were supposedly made by Marilyn . . . the thing that repeatedly went through my mind was "boy, this doesn't sound like Marilyn at all". I have always known Marilyn to be fair. More importantly, I specifically deal with Marilyn because she IS an individual with good character and integrity. When I find someone who knows how to treat her customers and who genuinely wants to do right by them; I stick with that person. And that person for me, has been Marilyn Jorgenson.

Je
  19th of Jul, 2008

I also have had a terrible experience dealing with a Great Lengths Hair Technician at a salon in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. The salon is called Ole' Hairstudio.
The owner/technician also told me the hair extensions would last 4 to 6 months. Within the first 5 days they were already falling out. Within 2 to 3 weeks I had lost over a quarter of the hair. I was taking incredible care of the hair and doing everything I was instructed to. When the owner/technician got back from her holiday I immediately made an appoinment to chat with her and see if we could come to an agreement on what had happened. I sat down in the salon and she immediately started verbally attacking me and threatening me. She would not even give me an opportunity to share my extension experience. She even went so far as yelling at me {There was no one else in the salon but myself, the owner and one other staff member}. I left the salon in tears and felt like I had been accused of lying. This totally disrespectful service from a so-called professional is a disgrace and should never have to happen to anyone who merely just wants answers. I will never reccommend Ole' Hairstudio to anyone and feel others have the right to know how cruel the treatment I received really was.

Br
  11th of Aug, 2008

I have been a customer of Marilyns for a few years now. Not only is she a wonderful person, she is also an excellent extensionist. I have been wearing Great Lengths for about 4 years and have never had anything like what Ms. Thomas explain happen. Obviously she did not listen to the very explicit instructions that you are given. If you follow the rules you will have great results. Furthermore, Marilyn always goes above and beyond to suit you and your schedule. She makes you feel comfortable, welcomed and good about yourself. She has become my friend with whom I have great respect for. This attack on her and the salon is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. All of the women who work their couldn't be more kind.

I love Great Lengths and the results you get are totally unbelievable. My extensions last me no less than 6 months. I was even fortunate to have a set go for 9. My Mom and sister are just amazed at how many nice compliments I receive about my hair. It is so flattering when complete strangers come and complitment me. I think to myself "Thanks Marilyn." I don't know what I would do without you!

Ja
  1st of Oct, 2009

I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD SELL CLIP IN HAIR EXTENTIONS AT A RESONABLE PRICE I MEAN THEY ARE SELLING SOME FOR 479$ THATS JUST OUTRAGEOUS I JUST WANT A RESONOBLY PRICED CLIP IN HAIR EXTENTIONS