TSA airport security USA / TSA airport security searchers

1 ON, Canada Review updated:

Does anyone know if there is a quota to ripping off personal belongings from passengers by US Airport security ? Are travelling passengers not allowed personal belongings anymore ? Is everything metal a security risk ? I am talking about a small fingernail clipper here. A weekend trip only require an overnight bag/carryon. There's a small manicure set with a large & small nailclipper, scissors. Airport security opens bag and remove the small nailclipper, leaving the large one and scissors which has a really sharp point. Is a small nailclipper now considered a security risk ?Does this make sense or are these idiots taking item from passengers for their own use ? or sale ? now the manicure set is missing a piece.
I think that the paranoia of travel is taken to the extreme, passengers are being taken advantage of, and for all the brave passengers who show up to disgrace these idiots at the airports, my hats off to them and thank you.

Li

Comments

• Wi
      29th of Apr, 2012

taking those nail clippers is about as stupid as when I flew out of Miami and they took out my bottle of shampoo, but left the bottle of conditioner. Of course they said I could get it back on my return, but since I wasn't flying back to that same airport, it was gone. I wonder too what happens to all that stuff they take out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take a lot of it for themselves, considering basically anyone can become a TSA agent, as long as you aren't a convicted murderer basically.

Its obvious the untrained robots who work for the TSA don't know what they are supposed to even be looking for anymore, or better yet WHO they are to be looking for. A good example is when they "randomly" choose a 90 yr old granny for a security pat-down, but let everyone else go through.

Its all a big show to make people think they are protecting us, but most of it is useless.

30th of Apr, 2012

As this happened also in Florida, I am beginning to wonder if it's only idiots they hire there or is it the heat. If no one use the airports anymore, they would be out of a job.

30th of Apr, 2012

"What is, or is not allowed, is information that is made available to you before you need to enter the airport. You can call the people that enforce them "idiots" all you like, but that is based on your own ignorance and nothing else."

no, they are idiots, sorry.

Tell me what the purpose of confiscating a bottle of shampoo, but not the bottle of conditioner when both are the same size? Or better yet, how effective is pulling a toddler aside for a pat-down? Or a 90 yr old granny?

• Br

30th of Apr, 2012

"I would hope they aren't using someone else's personal grooming items such as nail clippers. That's just gross."

trust me, I've seen some pretty nasty looking TSA agents, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did much worse than just nail clippers...

2nd of May, 2012

I do agree that it is gross to think that they would take and use other peoples personal items but then again some of these people l don't even want them to touch my stuff but what do we do ? if you start a stink, she want to pull you aside to harrass you because they are allowed to. I just thank those who have the guts to make a mockery of them and I wish more people will do same

• Br

Be nice Lovey.

2nd of May, 2012

cannot help the real idiots