Try Media.com / Do not purchase from them

1 US Review updated:

I purchased Sims 2 double deluxe on gamestop.com. my order was approved as a DOWNLOAD NOW transaction and everything. I received my receipt but now dowload link. so i called gamestop who directed me to a email address for trymedia because trymedia rents space from gamestop to advertise their products. so i email trymedia, never got a response back as to why i havent been able to enjoy what i pd $10 extra to be able to DOWNLOAD NOW instead of making a commute to the store or waiting for it to be delivered. I am utterly disgusted that this company has no regards to my issue and I don't recommend anyone to purchase from them.

Ja

Comments

• Za
      Aug 13, 2009
    Try Media.com - Buyers beware
    Try Media.com

This download does not work. It freezes all the time. I have downloaded and redownloaded it several times. They offered a 48 hour money back guarantee. I was not aware of this. They refuse to refund my money because I asked for it months after the warranty expired.

The guarantee was at the bottom of the e-mail to download the game.
    Take my advise don't download games, get the CD. I have tried for months to work with this company to resolve this.
    Buyer Beware!!!

• Vi
      Sep 23, 2009

I purchased a downloadable version of a game, Champions Online and Try Media refused to refund my money 22 days later. I mean, we are talking about a non-substance product and they refused a refund. How rediculous. So 60.00 dollars later and I got nothing from them. Complete rip off!! Don't buy from them.

• Eu
      Jan 16, 2010

My Bank Charges:

01/13/10 CHKCARDWILDGAMES.COM/SREDMOND WAUS $6.99 (pd)
    01/13/10 TRYMEDIA.COM INTERNET 01 $9.99 (????)

My complaint to Trymedia

I did not authorize any payments to your company for any games on a monthly basis. I do not know where you got this information other than a third party etc. This charge for wild coins is fraudulent and will be investigated as such. Please remove these fraudulent charges immediately and I will contact my bank to stop payment.
    Below are the charges from my Wells Fargo bank. I paid for one game of Luxor Mahjong only. They seem to be from different sources or comanpies, but are billed on the exact same date.You have 24 hrs to explain before I report your company(s) as a scam or fraudulent. Stop billing me NOW! Explain these charges below.

01/13/10 CHKCARDWILDGAMES.COM/SREDMOND WAUS $6.99 (Mahjong Luxor pd in full)
    01/13/10 TRYMEDIA.COM INTERNET 01 $9.99 (????)

Logged in as: Eugene White

From the Complaint site:(Trymedia)

Your Question has been Submitted
    The reference number for your question is '[protected]'.
    You should receive a response by email from our support department within the next business day.
    If you need to add information to or cancel your question, you can do so by updating it through the questions sub area of the 'My Stuff' section of this site.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Complaint was sent with the above reference number. I was not contacted in the allotted time specified. I had to send my complaint to my bank who canceled my visa card for my security.
    As you can see, I purchased and paid for one game and one game only of 6.99 but was charged by apparently by an affiliated 3rd party for unauthorized monthly payments.
    MY suggestion is, check the validity of the parties you give your credit card to because these parties may be in cahoots to make a little extra money from unsuspecting victims.
    I f you suspicion any foul play, it's better get you credit card stopped immediately.
    BUYER BEWARE!!

• Do
      Feb 15, 2010

I am going through the same thing now. I entered my credit card info on the gamestop website and when I hit "submit", there was an "error processing card". I checked my Paypal credit card and I was charged 59.95 for the game that never downloaded. Gamestop directs me to Trymedia, but they have not returned my original email after 4 days.

• Ol
      Mar 06, 2010

I am having major problems with them also, I hace spoken with them once...what can you expect they are a bunch of g.. d... fools from India!!! They don't care about anyone!!!

• Sp
      Mar 17, 2010

I am now worried as exactly the same issue as dominic1967 happened to me today.
    Have sent off 2 emails to trymedia and have to wait for 24 hours they say.

Has anyone managed to get anywhere with there complaints?

• Us
      Mar 21, 2010

I have a similar issue. I purchased a download from this company and when the download completed, the data was useless and the game would not install. I went through the help process only to receive a form letter stating the purchase was non-refundable. the company was of no help whatsoever, and appears to be engaged in fraud.

• Wh
      Apr 14, 2010

I also had the same issue with the credit card I did however find 2 numbers to call [protected] the second one I left at my house, I called the number and 3 times so far explaining that my credit card was charged twice because the first time it didn't have the correct billing information. I have emailed and called 3 times in 2 days. They do state that you can get a full refund within 48hrs, I have called and recorded the calls as well as kept the date of purchase and all emails with dates that were sent to them! I doubt anything will happen, which I might have to take legal actions. Because as we all can agree someone needs to stop them!

• Fl
      Aug 29, 2010

This website is famous for ripping off got the same complaint as you only from day 1 I can't get through just computer generated junk.Just turned them into NYS atty General.Beware

• Gr
      Dec 20, 2010

I'm having a very similar problem. I had problem installing software I bought on TryMedia.com and needed to take advantage of their 48-hour return policy, and no response from them after 4 e-mails over 3-4 weeks.

• Gr
      Jan 08, 2011

Avoid Trymedia. I bought a game, it would not install, and they technically have a 48-hour return policy, so I thought it would be easy to get a refund. Wrong. They have no phone number and ignore all e-mails. I had to dispute the charge with my CC company to get any action from Stefanso over there. These are bad people; buyer beware!

• Pb
      Apr 22, 2011

does anyone know the email to use to cancel the trymedia subscription?