Trutech Pvs31170s1 / Junk TV! - Buyer Beware!

1 Charlotte, United States Review updated:

My husband bought me a Trutech PVS31170S1 17" LCD TV/DVD Combo for my birthday. 1 year later I am watching TV and the sound goes out. I checked everything - the remote, connections, etc. It is the TV. I called Target who will not do anything for it's customers after 90 days of purchase. After getting passed around to 3 different people I was finally told that they were sorry for all the trouble I had but that unfortunately where we had not purchased the extended warranty I would need to go through the manufacturer. Anyone having trouble after 90 days and no extended warranty may as well call Alco Electronics directly. Their number is [protected]. They will not fix it for free. I was told that I needed to send it to a repair shop in Buffalo along with a check for $45 and they will either repair or replace the TV. He also said that I will get a year warranty, not jut on the sound, but anything that goes wrong with the TV. Also it will take 4-8 weeks to get the TV back! The guy on the phone could not tell me if true or not, but I found a page that stated that Target was fined by the FCC for not disclosing that these TV's have an analog signal only (no digital signal). Hope this does not mean that by 02/09 I will need to buy a converter box in order to watch TV!

Ma

Comments

• Dd
      27th of Jul, 2008

This set is does have both the analog and digital tuners built in. The manufacture does state right on the manual that it comes with 90 day parts and labor. Keep in mind you may be specific rights in your state in regards to consumer warranty rights. For example, Maine has a 4 year warranty on ANY consumer product with the exception to used cars. The warranty is also for subsequent owners. You could be the 4th owner of an item and the manufacture and store are resonsible for repairing or giving a new comparable item. Check your state website.

• Wa
      5th of Jun, 2009

This tv does not have a digital tuner. A converter box is required.