Trutech 26& flat LCD TV / Quit working in less than two years

1 303 McDaniel RoadAshford, AL, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Trutech 26 inch TV on August 12, 2006 at Target in Montgomery, AL and it quit working in the spring of 2008. I have taken it to several different repair shops and most of them do not even work on Trutech. I finally went on line and found a couple of places in Dothan that did work on it and both tried to find the part and have been unsucessfull in finding it. Today Helms TV Repair shop called me and told me that I might as well come and pick it up. They have not been able to find the mother board or something like that. They have been searching on the internet and other sources for a couple of months. I am very unhappy because I paid $799 for this TV and do not feel that I got my money's worth out of it. I will NEVER purchase an off brand TV again and especially not a Trutech. I would tell everyone to do the same. I am a very dissatisfied customer.

Margaret Howard
Ashford, AL

Comments

• Mi
      25th of Feb, 2009

Maybe you should had purchased the 3yr service plan and then this wouldn't of been an issue!

• Mz
      6th of Mar, 2009

Mine quit working in less than a year! Same thing.. 26" Trutech TV from Target. When I went back, they had already stopped selling them and weren't able to help me.

• Gy
      8th of Mar, 2009

Remove the back panel (hex star screwdriver) and look for who makes the boards. Most tv's either PDP or LCD boards are made by samsung. you can also tell me what problem you are having and I will aid you in fixing... if you need new boards I can point you ito about 10 dif places and how to install yourself. this sounds like a power supply problem though. We are talking cents to fix...

gysgt2u1@yahoo.com

Semper Fi

• Co
      16th of Feb, 2011

I had the same problem and a service plan. Target did not follow through on their agreement with the service plan. Once I proved through receipts and bankstatement that I had made the purchase, I was unable to get another compatiable TruTech 26" LCD TV, and it was pulled on the sheves. If I wanted another TV I had to pay the difference out of pocket.

Never Again will I buy a cheap TV from Target'!